Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL NAFO faggot "Jay in Kyiv" on suicide watch after Russia deals biggest critical blow yet to jewkraine's infrastructure.

The bottom line is, if Russia wants the rest of CEE to follow it and ally themselves with it, it need to actually have something to offer. Russia's industrial output is similar to V4's collective one, which is on about Mexico's level, its export/trade profile is pure third world resource exploitation and importation of advanced technology from abroad, it's ridiculously lagging in automation/robotization and that's not even talking about AI. Even the GCC countries are moving away from oil and desperately trying to diversify their economies and move up the value chain, I have no idea why Russia isn't investing just as much money into that as well. If they did so, I can definitely see the other countries in the region following it.
russia just does its historical thing - instead of looking inwards and reflecting on itself it tries to expand borders and mobilize its people for some grand goal. It's pathological, habitual course of action at this point. And putin's regime cannot justify itself without some resentful anti-colonial narrative. There has to be some external threat. Once again this mindset developed long long ago. Russia just can't get over it.

Russia clearly differs from the Western countries.
it is a western country nonetheless. With all its quirks. Yeah russians have chosen to reject their whiteness. Doesn't change who they are.

Yeah russians have chosen to reject their whiteness.
Unlike America with its forced diversity and massive wealth transfers to negros and spics? American ruling class despises its native White population. What is your understanding of Whiteness anyways? Is your definition of Whiteness in accordance with the late post-WW2 consumerist, hedonist, feminist anti-White culture of the West? Or is your definition of Whiteness the 19th century primacy which Europeans experienced at the height of their colonial power that is underlined by monogamy, patriarchy, and discipline? Mine definition the 19th century one which America despises and the one which ONLY Russia upholds today,

Unlike America with its forced diversity and massive wealth transfers to negros and spics? American ruling class despises its native White population. What is your understanding of Whiteness anyways? Is your definition of Whiteness in accordance with the late post-WW2 consumerist, hedonist, feminist anti-White culture of the West? Or is your definition of Whiteness the 19th century primacy which Europeans experienced at the height of their colonial power that is underlined by monogamy, patriarchy, and discipline? Mine definition the 19th century one which America despises and the one which ONLY Russia upholds today,
White european civilization and the world were at their peak around the turn of the 19th century. With niggers and ethnics in check, one could travel freely from the USA to Europe to the south Africa and back. Whites were traditional and had all the necessary liberal rights.
Giving rights to foids was a mistake though. And also I think the world would be better off being more continentally centric (France, Germany, etc). Rather than anglo-american centric. USA's hegemony is toxic and has proven itself detrimental to white people and the rest of the world.

USA's hegemony is toxic and has proven itself detrimental to white people and the rest of the world.
Your worldviews are so fragile. You rail against Russia and want to live under American rule because "muh anglo whiteness" but then when I point out and explain that anglos are destroying their own race, you concede and agree. This proves that you're stupid, impressionable, brainwashed, and easily propagandized. :lul::lul::lul:

The choice before you is simple: either have the courage and fortitude of character to fight against the globalist Anglo White's fallen state of degenerate behavioral sink or get out of the way. Unfortunately for you, Russians are the only one fighting against them.

Last edited:
Your worldviews are so fragile. You rail against Russia and want to live under American rule because "muh anglo whiteness" but then whehn I point out and explain that anglos are destroying their own race, you concede and agree. This proves that you're stupid, impressionable, brainwashed, and easily propagandized. :lul::lul::lul:
lol I've never said I wanted to live under global american rule. This is not something i would consider if i had a choice.
What I'm saying is very simple: you go with the west, and maybe it's not all over (not 100% over). But you go with the holy russian-chinese-iranian trinity, and you've set yourself for a total destuction (100% over). These people will ruin everything that is worth saving about modern european civilization. And they will not be able to rebuilt it because they lack the mental capacity to do it. Once again, the ability to restore the west to its former state lies within the west, not within china or iran or modern russia.

What I'm saying is very simple: you go with the west, and maybe it's not all over (not 100% over).
Its already over in the West. Negros, curries, spics are going to take over and balkanize the West pushing Whites into minority status and bringing about total cultural collapse. We already see signs of collapse in constant looting of stores by negros, massive blocks of homeless population living in tents with needles and syringes lying around, sodomites promoting perverted sex in schools, and whores walking around wearing next to nothing. However, we don't have anything like this in Russia. In Russia and China you aren't forced to have your children learn about anal sex and blow jobs, or experience regular mass shootings, rampant violent nigger crime, or endure tent cities with drug addicted homeless zombies.

Its already over in the West. Negros, curries, spics are going to take over and balkanize the West pushing Whites into minority status and bringing about total cultural collapse. We already see signs of collapse in constant looting of stores by negros, massive blocks of homeless population living in tents with needles and syringes lying around, sodomites promoting perverted sex in schools, and whores walking around wearing next to nothing. However, we don't have anything like this in Russia. In Russia and China you aren't forced to have your children learn about anal sex and blow jobs, or experience regular mass shootings, rampant violent nigger crime, or endure tent cities with drug addicted homeless zombies.
lol the only based thing about russia is that it is homophobic and troonphobic. That's literally it. In pretty much every other regard it's the same or worse. Russia is a matriarchal shithole with rampant whoredom and most russians don't care about religion. At the same time russia imports ethnics and muslims at double speed and sucks chechen cock (out national pride is multiculturalism after all). With russia you literally get the same deal as the west just without troons, and with cybergulag watching over you. Because russians are infantile as a nation and look up to the government at all times.

lol the only based thing about russia is that it is homophobic and troonphobic. That's literally it. In pretty much every other regard it's the same or worse. Russia is a matriarchal shithole with rampant whoredom and most russians don't care about religion. At the same time russia imports ethnics and muslims at double speed and sucks chechen cock (out national pride is multiculturalism after all). With russia you literally get the same deal as the west just without troons, and with cybergulag watching over you. Because russians are infantile as a nation and look up to the government at all times.
Answer this with honesty: You don't follow American politics and culture do you?

Answer this with honesty: You don't follow American politics and culture do you?
why would I? What's your point even, I said already i don't care much for anglo-american hegemony and consider it harmful. Now does it mean i should support russia? Or by not supporting russia I support anglo-american hegemony? Only if you belive in this dichotomy, which I don't.

why would I? What's your point even
That just proves that your admiration of anglo-zog regime is worthless because its not based on reality.

That just proves that your admiration of anglo-zog regime is worthless because its not based on reality.
except there's no admiration of anglo-zog regime, but ok

except there's no admiration of anglo-zog regime, but ok
2E98CA90 885C 4D09 9E2D E08053D9E624

You are badly informed.
'Two random ambassadors' - UK prime minister John Major, USA secretary of state Baker, German foreign minister etc

View attachment 1132873

View attachment 1132874
OK, change that to "people who might as well have been random ambassadors when the expansions happened:feelskek:".

Look, governments and circumstances change. If you want to have a long-lasting agreement in geopolitics, you have to make it official. Getting some people to say something in private once or twice is meaningless when those people get replaced by others with other ideas and convictions.

Seriously, your credibility as a serious member of this forum is under question.
And here I thought I was starting to sound a bit melodramatic:feelskek::feelskek:.

Almost all you wrote in these paragraphs is fallacy.
How? Population, economy and industrial capacities are the foundations of national power.

•Russia already prevailed over Eastern Europe after defeat of Napoleon and helped to save Austrian empire by crushing Hungarian revolt.
In the former case they were a part of multiple coalitions of allies and in the latter case they brought an overwhelming power into a civil war between two roughly equal factions of which one was being increasingly knocked on the ground. Neither comes close to taking over a region with a similarly large population to itself while the rest of Europe either actually intervenes against them or is hostile.

•Soviet Union was far more devastated than most of Europe. The reason why Soviets would be able to control significant part of Europe after the war is because they build a huge industry and huge army which defeated Germany not because 'Europe was devastated' ( soviet loses were huge, they lost 27-30 million of population ).
True, but most of EE was likewise just as devastated as the USSR. Poland's civilian loses, percentage wise, were pretty similar to the Soviet ones, after all. However, the main differences are that those countries' industrial and military capabilities were pretty much completely destroyed, while the Soviet ones had survived the war more or less intact.

•Russia clearly has an advantage over CEE.
Sure, its a single country that spends a relatively high percentage of its GDP on its military and has one of the highest numbers of military personnel per capita in the world, so it very much has something of a military edge over a bunch of smaller and less militarized countries. My point is that, with those countries's populations, economies and industries, those advantages would almost certainly eventually disappear if those countries got a reason to genuinely fight Russia.

Russia still plays significant role in space ( can you say this about any CEE country )
True, however if I remember right, the number of Russia's orbital launches has mostly stagnated since the breakup of the USSR. Meanwhile, space capabilities have only grown for the CEE countries, since they were starting pretty much from the bottom. A good number of those countries are members of the ESA and play an increasingly important role there as their economies and capabilities grow.

But yeah, Russia has a serious edge here, I won't lie.

Russia even has its own satellite navigation system like GPS.
So does the EU, and its Eastern members are participating in it as much as they can. Not much admittedly, but just as with the ESA in general, from what I've seen, pretty much every new satellite there is guaranteed to have at least some Czech and Polish companies participating in their creation.

Russia is one of the leaders in nuclear plants technology ( any CEE country? )
True, but a fair few of those countries are actually quite close to Russia given that they are currently trying to put themselves neaar the forefront of SMR usage.

Also, I genuinely gotta thank you for taking our discussion into this area boyo;) (not being sarcastic at all, I don't know when I would've checked that otherwise and thus missed out on it if you didn't give me a reason to check this:D), because I just checked out Scimago (the site/project mapping the number of scientific and technical articles countries and journals produce) and it seems that they've recently, finally added the 2023 values.

So, why talk only about nuclear technology:waitwhat:? In terms of total output, Russia's 107056 scientific papers it produced in 2023 is lower than just the combined numbers of Poland, Czechia, Ukraine and Romania. Even if you ignore Ukraine, the former three are so close to overtaking Russia in the total count that you can simply add in just about any CEE country and they push this group ahead, I've just checked that with Hungary, Slovakia, and your own country of Lithuania.

A similar patter of course holds in the different subject areas. In Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Poland and Czechia alone have higher output 2023 than Russia. In Chemical Engineering, Russia has a better standing, but Poland, Czechia, Romania and Hungary put together already have more. In Computer Science, Poland and Ukraine are higher, and once again, if you ignore Ukraine, Czechia and Romania more than nicely make up for it, while in the Artifical Intelligence category in this area, Poland is already ahead of Russia. And so on.

Also defence industry. How many submarines CEE countries produce?
Very few if any, because they don't need them being mostly landlocked countries:feelshaha:. Nevertheless, those countries still have mostly decent arms manufacturing capabilities given their size. For example, I've recently read a Politico article on how little 155mm shells NATO is capable of giving Ukraine, which also mentioned that the artillery to fire those shells likewise isn't exactly plentiful, and that only four types of them are being produced. No idea if it was in the entire NATO or just in its European members, but probably the latter, and it mentioned that of those four, one are our (Slovakia's) Zuzanas and one of the others is a Polish one. A pretty important military asset, manufactured in two of EU's newer members. Not bad I'd say.

Can they rival Russia in electronic warfare?
Maybe? I mean, we almost certainly won't get to see this, since there's just about 0% chance of Russia actually attacking NATO, as I've mentioned, but I don't see why not? All analyses I've seen claim that those countries tend to have good software developing capabilities on the whole (as does Russia admittedly) so I don't see why not. The EU's cybersecurity centre is located in Romania, for example:feelskek:.

Also, more seriously now, although Russia dominates in artillery, air strikes and so on, Ukraine has apparently managed to widen its lead in FPV drone strikes on personnel and vehicles:

View: https://twitter.com/powerfultakes/status/1775179061381185561#m

And this is exactly what I'm talking about and meaninglessly wasting time trying to create an argument for on this semi-obscure forum for outcasts when I have a pretty big Uni project which I've barely worked on so far due tomorrow:feelscry:. Basically, yes, Russia has overall military edge over the countries it once dominated, however, there's only so far that goes in the long-term, or would go in a protracted conflict. Stockpiles dry up, new technologies enter the battlefield, and so on. If Ukraine alone is capable of more or less matching Russia in drone warfare like this, why couldn't the other countries, which are richer, more advanced, and together have population not critically lower than Russia's?

These people will ruin everything that is worth saving about modern european civilization.\
Just out of idle curiosity, could you please list some of the things you think are worth saving about modern European civilization that you believe the Eastern powers are incapable of creating (or recreating after they destroy) it for their own people and empires?

Just out of idle curiosity, could you please list some of the things you think are worth saving about modern European civilization that you believe the Eastern powers are incapable of creating (or recreating after they destroy) it for their own people and empires?
Western people are free-spirited in their nature. Historically they opposed and fought their governments and were very vigilant about their rights. They developed a strong interconnected society that was horizontally organized and did not depend on the government in a large part. They know that the government would always fuck them over and never trusted it. This mindset is imbued in them, together with traditional liberal values - freedom of speech, freedom of association, right to own guns, right to protest, right to own property etc. (of course leftists try to take all of this away, this is a major issue). Also nowadays one should also add big corps to this equation. Like take the digital privacy movement for example - this is something only a westerner could conceptualize as a value and strive to protect.

And then look at those who try to take the place of the west. They don't seem to have any internal demand for these values. Like I think they could came up with this on their own - but by that time we would wake up in a concentration camp but with the internet access and electrocars. I'm sure ricecels or arabs could came up with all this high-tech shit. But they lack the normative humanistic component and should be babysitted and educated.

Last edited:
Western people are free-spirited in their nature. Historically they opposed and fought their governments and were very vigilant about their rights. They developed a strong interconnected society that was horizontally organized and did not depend on the government in a large part. They know that the government would always fuck them over and never trusted it. This mindset is imbued in them, together with traditional liberal values - freedom of speech, freedom of association, right to own guns, right to protest, right to own property etc. (of course leftists try to take all of this away, this is a major issue). Also nowadays one should also add big corps to this equation. Like take the digital privacy movement for example - this is something only a westerner could conceptualize as a value and strive to protect.

And then look at those who try to take the place of the west. They don't seem to have any internal demand for these values. Like I think they could came up with this on their own - but by that time we would wake up in a concentration camp but with the internet access and electrocars. I'm sure ricecels or arabs could came up with all this high-tech shit. But they lack the normative humanistic component and should be babysitted and educated.
Cope. If it was true Germans would never acted like sheep.
Germans are one of the biggest government worshipping sheep in history.

Cope. If it was true Germans would never acted like sheep.
Germans are one of the biggest government worshipping sheep in history.
meanwhile none of the non-western countries have a good record protesting and fighting their government. Non-westerners are just cattle that do what they were told and get fucked by the state or big corps, never talk back.

meanwhile none of the non-western countries have a good record protesting and fighting their government. Non-westerners are just cattle that do what they were told and get fucked by the state or big corps, never talk back.
Hong kong cels are protesting while Germanics are one of the biggest conformists in history.

Hong kong cels are protesting while Germanics are one of the biggest conformists in history.
hong kong was a fucking british colony lol. And learned a trick or two from their masters. And prospered as such. Of course they would protest against the big chinese pakhom.

And how are they supposed to react? When putin wins election after election, the opposifion is crushed, then russia invades ukraine and russians are like "whatever"? You expect western commoners to somehow make a distinction between "good" and "bad" russians? Yeah, "russophobia" my ass. And i wonder why is that, did something happen in february 2022? Can't remember. And still westerners call this out.
Don't shit on people who haven't tried to mock you.

Western people are free-spirited in their nature. Historically they opposed and fought their governments and were very vigilant about their rights. They developed a strong interconnected society that was horizontally organized and did not depend on the government in a large part. They know that the government would always fuck them over and never trusted it. This mindset is imbued in them, together with traditional liberal values - freedom of speech, freedom of association, right to own guns, right to protest, right to own property etc. (of course leftists try to take all of this away, this is a major issue).
:horror::horror::lul::lul::lul:
White ethnonationalists:

> We are strongest, most intelligent, and most independent people in existence.

ALSO White ethnonationalists:

> We let jews trick us, brainwash us, and enslave us.

How do we reconcile these two notions?

Its simple! We do it by recognizing that "past performance is not an indication of future performance" as the financial market traders say. Whatever they were, that was all in the past. Today they are simply just cowards who care more about looking good and being indulgent than getting down and dirty in sacrificing themselves for higher ideals of the future.

:horror::horror::lul::lul::lul:
White ethnonationalists:

> We are strongest, most intelligent, and most independent people in existence.

ALSO White ethnonationalists:

> We let jews trick us, brainwash us, and enslave us.

How do we reconcile these two notions?

Its simple! We do it by recognizing that "past performance is not an indication of future performance" as the financial market traders say. Whatever they were, that was all in the past. Today they are simply just cowards who care more about looking good and being indulgent than getting down and dirty in sacrificing themselves for higher ideals of the future.
once again, chinese, arabs etc. don't even have that. Not sure why i should pick them over whites. They don't get the benefit of the doubt, they have no good record at all.

once again, chinese, arabs etc. don't even have that. Not sure why i should pick them over whites. They don't get the benefit of the doubt, they have no good record at all.
Cope. You can find the individualism in Chinese philosophy but you hardly can find individualism in German philosophy...

once again, chinese, arabs etc. don't even have that.
Chinese have intelligence, stoicism, and industriousness while Whites today only have hedonism and entitlement. Hard work is what enabled the Chinese to take over global manufacturing. American culture is a culture of spoilt adolescence characterized by endless consumerism.

Chinese have intelligence, stoicism, and industriousness while Whites today only have hedonism and entitlement. Hard work is what enabled the Chinese to take over global manufacturing. American culture is a culture of spoilt adolescence characterized by endless consumerism.
As I said, I never doubted their ability to produce shit. But I don't see any humanistic aspect to it. They will turn normal countries into mainland china and spread (fake) communism and digital gulag.

Cope. You can find the individualism in Chinese philosophy but you hardly can find individualism in German philosophy...
Chinese philosophy is not a philosophy at all. It's a compilation of cool stories. To even compare it to the immense corpus of german philosophy that dwelt on order, freedom of will, state, the nature of power etc for generations on end is just laughable.

Chinese philosophy is not a philosophy at all. It's a compilation of cool stories. To even compare it to the immense corpus of german philosophy that dwelt on order, freedom of will, state, the nature of power etc for generations on end is just laughable.
Ha ha. Name me some Chinese individualistic philosophers.

STFU retard.
cope harder. Real philosophy is all about arguments and logic. Otherwise it's just like those zoomer post-ironic memes with random words on them. Like you can call anything a philosophy in that manner. The philosophy of love, the philosophy of yoga, the philosophy of beer, the philosophy of anime, the philosophy of my ass.
this is what chinese "philosophy" looks like to me (exaggerating if only just a bit)
Eh8HZF3kbQw
RIw9QC B4Tk

Last edited:
Don't shit on people who haven't tried to mock you.
yeah right, as if nothing happened and those russians are not russians and they don't represent russians in the slightest. They're just like, "people of the world" and should not be held accountable.

Last edited:

This is quite a reasonable and measured answer. The problem is the examples that were pointed out, where citizens are extremely conformist to their governments.

yeah right, as if nothing happened and those russians are not russians and they don't represent russians in the slightest. They're just like, "people of the world" and should not be held accountable.
The problem with you and @supersoldier is what you never tried to understand why people living outside may support Russia and be against NATO.
Because West ignores discrimination of Russia while caring about lgbt.
One Polish female wast told that she can't have a good grades because she has a Russian surname. When she said that she came from Polish school she was told that now she'll receive even lower grades.
Think that not only Russians experience discrimination and you're wrong if you think that every Russian is a soviet style drunkard who knows nothing about local cultures and can't communicate in local languages.

You commit the same mistake as Russian emigrants in Europe in XIX century - enemies of tzardom, anarchists etc.
They supported Polish struggle against tsarist Russia until they realised that Polish enmity aimed not against tsarism per se but against Russia as a nation.

Why should I support NATO for example, if western countries don't care about discrimination and marginalisation of local Russians while pressuring EE governments when it comes to lgbt rights?

The problem with you and @supersoldier is what you never tried to understand why people living outside may support Russia and be against NATO.
Because West ignores discrimination of Russia while caring about lgbt.
One Polish female wast told that she can't have a good grades because she has a Russian surname. When she said that she came from Polish school she was told that now she'll receive even lower grades.
Think that not only Russians experience discrimination and you're wrong if you think that every Russian is a soviet style drunkard who knows nothing about local cultures and can't communicate in local languages.

You commit the same mistake as Russian emigrants in Europe in XIX century - enemies of tzardom, anarchists etc.
They supported Polish struggle against tsarist Russia until they realised that Polish enmity aimed not against tsarism per se but against Russia as a nation.

Why should I support NATO for example, if western countries don't care about discrimination and marginalisation of local Russians while pressuring EE governments when it comes to lgbt rights?
as if there's no discrimination against polaks for example who work in UK, immigrants from EE in general. If that's enough for you to want to see the west destroyed, OK. And even then, as i say russians deserve the hate and suspecting stares. Not that i support it fully, but it didn't happen overnight.

Last edited:
as if there's no discrimination against polaks for example who work in UK, immigrants from EE in general. If that's enough for you to want to see the west destroyed, OK. And even then, as i say russians deserve the hate and suspecting stares. Not that i support it fully, but it didn't happen overnight.
According to your logic, incels also deserve hate and suspecting stares because some of them commited violence...
Pure normie mindset without even trying to understand why some incels snapped.

You should know that it was West who started meddling in the Russian affairs, not the other way.
Remember 'drang nach osten'? German orders conquered lands today's belonging to Baltic States, posing direct threat to the Pskov and Novgorod.
Then Lithuanians conquered Russian lands on today's territory of Belarus and North-West Ukraine, exploring the weakness of Russia after Mongol invasion.

I'm not telling that Russians are angels but others also weren't an innocent angels and tried to conquer and subdue Russian lands if they had a chance...

According to your logic, incels also deserve hate and suspecting stares because some of them commited violence...
Pure normie mindset without even trying to understand why some incels snapped.

You should know that it was West who started meddling in the Russian affairs, not the other way.
Remember 'drang nach osten'? German orders conquered lands today's belonging to Baltic States, posing direct threat to the Pskov and Novgorod.
Then Lithuanians conquered Russian lands on today's territory of Belarus and North-West Ukraine, exploring the weakness of Russia after Mongol invasion.
Well, the attitude towards self-identified incels the way soyciety perceives them is not unfounded, especially if you read this forum. Once again, i'm not saying i support this. Just to point out, you can't fully equate the hate towards russians to that of incels, unless you argue that both originate on genetic level and are invariant of place and time. I disagree, and if you're going to pursue this to lets leave it at that. Then, you seem to make the distinction between provoked and unprovoked violence and hate. Russians were not provoked. They were the first nation to have a communist state that set itself apart from the rest of the western world and openly threatened to indoctrinate and overtake the west. Even before that, imperial russia had this siege mentality of being the only independent country in the world to protect orthodox christians from the damn latini. Siege mentality and messianism is imbued in russians, this is how they perceive themselves. In their mind they were chosen by the god to save the world and show it the true way.

Last edited:
Russia to victory! :feelsLightsaber:

Well, the attitude towards self-identified incels the way soyciety perceives them is not unfounded, especially if you read this forum. Once again, i'm not saying i support this. Just to point out, you can't fully equate the hate towards russians to that of incels, unless you argue that both originate on genetic level and are invariant of place and time. I disagree, and if you're going to pursue this to lets leave it at that. Then, you seem to make the distinction between provoked and unprovoked violence and hate. Russians were not provoked. They were the first nation to have communist country that set itself apart from the rest of the western world and openly threatened to indoctrinate and overtake the west. Even before that, imperial russia had this siege mentality of being the only country in the world to protect orthodox christians from the damn latini. Siege mentality and messianism is imbued in russians, this is how they perceive themselves. In their mind they were chosen by the god to save the world and show it the true way.
You can also find many negative factors in the history and mentality of the Western Europeans like their enmity towards orthodox 'schismatics' which resulted in the destruction of Constantinople in 1204 and tendency to subdue Russian orthodox states or turn them to catholic faith.
So siege mentality may have grounded in reality. Even in XX century westerners sided with Catholic Croats and Bosnian Muslims over Orthodox Serbs during Yugoslavian wars and the Orthodox Greece was the only NATO country sympathising with the Serbs.

Also, undoubtedly, the mentality of 'god-chosen' people is stronger in Americans than Russians. They even cut babies dicks in XXI century! Even early Christians rejected this unnecessary custom.

You can also find many negative factors in the history and mentality of the Western Europeans like their enmity towards orthodox 'schismatics' which resulted in the destruction of Constantinople in 1204 and tendency to subdue Russian orthodox states or turn them to catholic faith.
So siege mentality may have grounded in reality. Even in XX century westerners sided with Catholic Croats and Bosnian Muslims over Orthodox Serbs during Yugoslavian wars and the Orthodox Greece was the only NATO country sympathising with the Serbs.
Thing is, almost every other european nation historically had superiority complex. France, Spain, Italy, etc. But they got over it, unlike russians. The siege mentality helped russia when it was all alone and didn't even have stable border in the east. It literally was the frontier of the western world at some point. So yes, this mentality is grounded in history and was justified at the time. But it is no longer the case, so russians need to get over themselves and reflect on their identity and reunite with the west.
Also, undoubtedly, the mentality of 'god-chosen' people is stronger in Americans than Russians. They even cut babies dicks in XXI century! Even early Christians rejected this unnecessary custom.
so what, doesn't excuse russians. Americans got the economy, the values and the culture to back up their beliefs. Russians today have none of that.

Last edited:
Thing is, almost every other european nation historically had superiority complex. France, Spain, Italy, etc. But they got over it, unlike russians. The siege mentality helped russia when it was all alone and didn't even have stable border in the east. It literally was the frontier of the western world at some point. So yes, this mentality is grounded in history and was justified at the time. But it is no longer the case, so russians need to get over themselves and reflect on their identity and reunite with the west.

so what, doesn't excuse russians. Americans got the econoimy, the values and the culture to back up their beliefs. Russians today have none of that.
There is a significant difference between Russia and European countries.
Russia is still very big ( biggest country in the world ).
And still has significantly bigger population compared to any European state ( with new territories in Ukraine and Belarus, which is under Russian influence, population of Russia is ~ 160 million.
Russia also has biggest nuclear arsenal in the world so, naturally, it's policy is very different from policy of Italy or Spain which didn't have the same 'weight' in geopolitics.

West could have shown more sensitivity and understanding of Russian interests, instead of arrogantly ignoring it.

Https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/28/nato-expansion-war-russia-ukraine

Also just to point out. Here you talk as if russia was some well formulated concept at the time, as if russians viewed themselves as one people. But they didn't, as I wrote in my earlier comment. This is an anachronism. The concept of a unified russian people developed as a response to the reality of the world russia found itself in as an independent nation when the mongol rule ceased. Of course this is not to address each and every historical strife between russians and lithuanians, only the first ones.

Last edited:
Also just to point out. Here you talk as if russia was some well formulated concept at the time, as if russians viewed themselves as one people. But they didn't, as I wrote in my earlier comment. This is an anachronism. The concept of a unified russian people developed as a response to the reality of the world russia found itself in as an independent nation when the mongol rule ceased. Of course this is not to address each and every historical strife between russians and lithuanians, only the first ones.
However, Russian people living in various principalities still had unifying factors. They were Orthodox and Eastern Slavs were dominant ethnicity.
Even in places with many non-Slavic people like Novgorod, [Eastern] Slavs were dominant.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back