Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

My theory on depression

THE TRUE DIGLET

THE TRUE DIGLET

Paragone
★★★★★
Depression happens because your life is shit, and it's a warning system that alerts you that you need to change your life for the better in order to avoid remaining depressed.

However, your life and the things causing your depression can not always be fixed.

My theory is that depression is a kind of built-in self destruct mode to weed out people who can't change their lives for the better, on the basis of being too weak and pathetic to do so, and also on the grounds that they just can't keep up with the demands required for survival.

That is why depression often leads to getting fat, self destructive copes like binge eating and ldar.

If you ldar in the olden days, you would die from predators and starvation

probably, but you don't notice it when its your default state of existence
I'm less self-destructive now than I was a couple of years ago, I think I'm slowly overcoming my depression.

On the way to the whitepill

I'm less self-destructive now than I was a couple of years ago, I think I'm slowly overcoming my depression.

On the way to the whitepill
sounds like cope

Depression is sui coping is brutel never begain for me

Can't say I feel good or optimistic
Me neither, but I remember what it was like to feel really shitty and have suicidal thoughts, now I just feel like a rock, much more emotionally stable anyway.

One day you feel fine then the next day you are writing your suicide note and manifesto
That was before, about 11 months ago the suicidal thoughts disappeared.

I no longer feel like disappearing from the face of the earth when night falls

Freixel

Depression happens because your life is shit, and it's a warning system that alerts you that you need to change your life for the better in order to avoid remaining depressed.

However, your life and the things causing your depression can not always be fixed.

My theory is that depression is a kind of built-in self destruct mode to weed out people who can't change their lives for the better, on the basis of being too weak and pathetic to do so, and also on the grounds that they just can't keep up with the demands required for survival.

That is why depression often leads to getting fat, self destructive copes like binge eating and ldar.

If you ldar in the olden days, you would die from predators and starvation
OVER for grugcels, can't even ldar :feelsbadman:

Depression is just your brain not releasing enough "happy chemicals" like oxytocin. Incels and especially truecels are brutally starved of this and due to not having any effective built-in work/reward loop in their brains, they just completely shut down and lose all motivation. Hence LDAR.