Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over My teenage years were completely wasted

Castaway

Castaway

Aspiecel and Aspiring Hermit
Title. I recently turned 19, and now that my teenage years are coming to an end, I've realized that I have hardly any good memories of anything from my teenage years. Almost nothing. I can barely remember doing anything noteworthy when I was 14 or 15 or 16. I just remember sitting in class completely aloof and depressed and rotting away at home playing video games and browsing the internet. I never went out with friends, I barely did anything productive or fulfilling, I never talked to and got along with girls I found attractive, I never had any meaningful interactions with other people, with a few exceptions. I spent most of my teenage years mentally in solitary confinement with almost constant anxiety and loneliness, with only a few copes to numb the pain. For the rest of my life, I will have no choice but to live with the fact that I spent my teenage years - a time that should have been the most enjoyable and exciting phase of a life full of milestones - as nothing more than an empty void of isolation and anguish, with occasional temporary coping to make some space. I guess having a decent teenage experience just wasn’t in the cards for me. :feelsrope::feelsrope:

my heart starts hurting when i think about my highschool memories
thats how brutal it was

Same. No friends in HS, no gf, my father died. It fucking sucked. Also had bad health issues in my teen years

The way I see it, I didn't have much to waste in hindsight if I never had any potential to make good use of my time to ascend