Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

My rice date years ago

WornOutHopecel

WornOutHopecel

Officer
This one time I went to a reunion of a humanitarian society and there was a Vietnamese young woman. For some reason I suggested keeping in touch and implied that it would be nice to meet in private. She seemed enthusiastic.

So later on I go to meet her. I'm wearing a snug t-shirt and I don't remember what she was wearing. We go to a shop, I buy her an ice cream cone and one for myself. I'm in charge of the date and we continue to walk. Fairly soon into the 'date' she makes a slightly dismissive comment. I cannot remember it exactly but she said something about it being odd to eat ice cream this time of the year. I kind of shrugged it off.

We went to sit on a bench which is where things collapsed for good. Her forearms were exposed and they looked to be coated with dark hair which turned me off a bit. She talked about the man taking care of the woman in her culture and she seemed to have reservations about Northern European culture not making her feel secure. She perhaps started to seem a bit annoyed at that point. She asked some question fishing for my financial status or if I'm going to school right now and I gave her an elusive answer about being a free spirit. We eventually left the park and started walking to attend to her bus. I made an uninspired comment about how we could see each other again and how I might cook something. She unenthusiastically replied something.

I later saw her once in the same store where I bought the ice cream. She was with some foid friend and they were chatting in Vietnamese and seemed a bit giggly. I did not pay her any special attention or even say hi and neither did she.

tldr + datERs.is