Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media My Review of the anime "Redo of Healer" (Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi)

blond_elf_bard

blond_elf_bard

Major
★★
SPOILERS throughout the review

Starting Premise

The anime has an interesting premise; the protagonist, a healer named Keyaru, is selected by the princess Flare of the "Jioral Kingdom", a sort of fascist empire, to be the "Hero of Recovery", and heal her wounded warriors and dignitaries. However, the healing comes with a catch; Keyaru copies people's magical abilities when he heals them-- along with their memories. The traumatic memories of all the people he's healed take a toll on Keyaru; he becomes traumatized and can't heal anymore; Princess Flare gives him opiates to deal with the pain; he becomes addicted as a result. He's abused by Flare and her right-hand warriors, until they fight the Demon King, whom Keyaru kills, allowing him access to the Philosopher's Stone. Keyaru uses the stone to turn time back four years so he can get revenge on Princess Flare and her warriors and the Jioral empire as a whole.

My Opinion

I think the show was good at first, I was especially interested in the sexual sadism elements in the first few episodes. I thought the scene where Keyaru breaks Flare's fingers and re-heals them again and again was quite creative and effective; I genuinely felt bad for Princess Flare.

However, one issue I find unappealing is that the main character regains all his power in episode 3 and never seems to face much challenge; he instantly becomes an invincible Chad who never seems to face much risk.

Overall, I'm looking forward to season 2.

he instantly becomes an invincible Chad who never seems to face much risk
This is what turned me off of slime isekai tbh. It’s so boring when there literally no stakes. I also thought it was interesting at first because of how provocative it is, but beyond that I don’t really see the appeal other than revenge fantasy:feelsjuice:

This is what turned me off of slime isekai tbh. It’s so boring when there literally no stakes. I also thought it was interesting at first because of how provocative it is, but beyond that I don’t really see the appeal other than revenge fantasy:feelsjuice:
Would you recommend I watch Slime isekai?

it didn't garner as much controversy as I thought it would but maybe that's because none of the mainstream sites picked it up. Wish it was a bit more graphic though. That cock slap early on is still memorable

I dropped it after 8 episodes, just lost interest