Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story My recent therapy experience (and a question for oldcels)

Randy Bull

Randy Bull

Sadcel
★★★
I haven't told my family that I'm an incel, but I still live with my parents and obviously they notice my depressive and lonely tendencies from having this title. My parents pressured me into getting a therapist and after brief research I got one. Last week is the first time I met him and I'm meeting him again tomorrow (which will likely be my last, but I have to give it one more chance for familial reasons). I'd like to share my experiences and why it really isn't what it's chalked up to be.

The therapist was an older man, and athiest like myself. In introductions we shared our brief experiences with being let down by the church. This is what gave me a bit of hope for him to not be a bluepilled idiot, but this was shattered moments later.

He asked me generic questions about my mental state and suicide that all therapists do (which I lied about since I don't want to be locked up in a mental institution). He said he wasn't one of those therapists who just prescribed pills, which was both a good and bad thing, since I've been interested in mood numbing mechanisms as social life is a state of constant hell for me. However I've heard awful things about them so it was maybe for the best.

I then mentioned that I believed the source of my problems was probably women. He immediately spouted bluepill nonsense like "Don't call yourself ugly and be confident", and I immediately counter argued with all my experiences of bullied for my appearance. He refuted with the bluepill claim of "you'll be more successful than the people who bullied you for that", which is statistically false. At this moment for some reason I was unable to think of this retort, however.

But he brought up an interesting point. I thought he was a moderately attractive man (for his age, which was probably in his mid 60s). He said he was terribly ugly in high school and that he noticed that ugly people tend to become beautiful in age (ugly duckling). I really don't believe this, but I also didn't have too much evidence to refute it.

So I ask as a pretty young man for this forum (19), how have you aged? Are there any oldcels here who are still butt ugly in their 30s and 40s? I don't plan to blackpill my therapist but if I can refute him I can at least give my parents a good excuse to not visit him any more. And it'll make me more satisfied in my mind too.

You won't get more attractive with age, if you start out ugly it's only going to get worse as you age, you'll start balding and you lose the youthful glow that young people have.

Your therapist is a bluepilled cuck, I've tried therapy on 2 separate occasions with different therapist, 10 pluss sessions with each one, it's all just designed to re frame your negative experiences and to gaslight you into thinking that things aren't that bad, ultimately they want you to leave the sessions with a head full of lies and ignorant positivity.

I'm 32 and I've exhausted all avenues of self improvement, you're still young, most guys here will disagree but I don't think you should give up until you are in your mid 20s. But don't waste time and money on therapy

(which I lied about since I don't want to be locked up in a mental institution).
If you're not honest with your therapist, then no therapy will ever help you, and it's just going to be a waste of time. Unlike what most users tell here, I truly believe therapy is helpful but you have to understand that it is a reciprocal process and your therapist is not a magician.
You won't get more attractive with age, if you start out ugly it's only going to get worse as you age, you'll start balding and you lose the youthful glow that young people have.
Correct.

I got uglier as I age jfl jfl jfl

I'm 27 I look 40

Hair does it tho, hair is life.

Therapy never worked for me.

Halloween 2013:

And now, a listing of story names is in order. I've offered a brief description for each.

Females:

Azalea(Redheaded Castiza/White)
Natasha(White)
Christanay(Black)
Layla(Black)
Samantha(Black)
Kira(Black)
Joyniqua(Black)
Gwendolyn(White)
Sarah(#1; White)
Ocean(Black)
Kaja(White)

Jenna(14-year-old Blonde; White)
Savannah(White)
Natalie(Blonde White)
Hailee(White)
Katia/Katerina(Blonde White)
Bianca(Redheaded Castiza/White)
Alli(Light-skinned Black)
Sarah(#2; White)
Short Morena(D.D; Castiza/White)
Elise(Mulatta Girl; Mulatta)
Jennifer(Blonde White)
Mariah(White)
Roxanne(White)
Hope(White)
Calista(Blonde White Stacylite)

Males:

Luis(Mestizo)
D.J(White)
Corey(Blonde White; Short)
Joshua(#1; Black)
Damani(Black)
Zamonte(Black)
Leandro(Cuban Mestizo)
Giovanni(White)
Joshua(#2; Blonde White)
Trayvon(Black)
Sean(Black)
Jacques(Black)

Anthony(White)
Brett(White)
Donovan(Black)
Jake(White)
Ramon(Black)
Kevin(White)
Joseph(Mulatto)

Listing is complete, for now...

The next child to join was "Jacques", a 5'2 Black boy about 12-years of age. He was highly considerate of Aspie John's anxiety and made sure to speak to him. He'd also sit by him daily.

"Aspie John, how are you today?"

"Aspie John, they weren't letting you participate, were they?"(The "Sheboons" in Aspie John's class did not like his help)

"Aspie John, do you want some of my Halloween candy?"(Aspie John's (then) religion prevented him from participating in Halloween; he declined)

Even so, Aspie John chose to keep his impending class switch hidden from Jacques, given his extreme discomfort in the class and his problems with the other Black youth present. He'd clean the black pencil case with hand sanitizer and hand wipes to distract himself from his low sense of self-worth.

When I was in group therapy, an adopted Cuban boy named "Leajandro" complimented my striped shirt and I complimented his clothes as well. He also informed the group leader of a boy laughing at my use of stress balls. Later, a boy named Jacquis partnered with me during a group project and would also sit with me during group water breaks. He offered me candy during Halloween.

Without the sexual pretense that leads males into conflict, intellect and personality quickly become the dominant traits of male-male interactions.

View: https://vocaroo.com/145TpCd87MZV

As the saying goes men age like fine whine, is false and true at the same time.
We dont get more attractive physically but financially.

I think this incel talk with Dr. K was interesting, bc thats the kind of cognitive behaviour therapy talk u will normaly get from a therapists.

View: https://youtu.be/MPnWbj70TTY

So I ask as a pretty young man for this forum (19), how have you aged? Are there any oldcels here who are still butt ugly in their 30s and 40s?
I was shocked when I saw myself as early and mid twenties in some photos some months ago. I was MUCH better looking than now, no doubt. Even when I took the photos in the first place to document my horrible acne situation at that moment.

If you're not honest with your therapist, then no therapy will ever help you, and it's just going to be a waste of time. Unlike what most users tell here, I truly believe therapy is helpful but you have to understand that it is a reciprocal process and your therapist is not a magician.
How? I feel to see how therapy could help period.

I have gotten uglier with age, although I still look very young

The therapist was an older man
the older generation will never understand the social issues of the youth, especially the dating & mating market. their lived experiences are vastly different than the experiences that we go through today, they will never understand.
he said he was terribly ugly in high school and that he noticed that ugly people tend to become beautiful in age (ugly duckling). I really don't believe this, but I also didn't have too much evidence to refute it.
that's called the cognitive fallacy of survivorship bias
if I can refute him I can at least give my parents a good excuse to not visit him any more
as it currently stands, only those with a background in evolutionary psychology can ever begin to understand our problems because they will actually acknowledge the problems unattractive men face in today's society. a metaphor for a normal therapist & an incel is like a therapist trying to help a native aboriginal, the therapist can't ever help because they know nothing about the unique sociocultural problems of the aboriginal.

if you actually want to try to blackpill your therapist, you must go through the scientific literature, start with the blackpill wiki, have a strong understanding on inceldom and know how to REFUTE ALL the negative claims it has with misogyny, violence, radicalisation, etc. bringing up william costello's publications is a must too. bring up the stats on dating & that relationships today form online. there is a mountain of irrefutable scientific literature.

i recall published literature that collected data from incels which found that 50% of those surveyed tried therapy but it only worked for about 5-10%, showing that they were very resistant to therapy. (i'll look for source soon)

the first step for helpful therapy is getting your therapist to actually acknowledge your problems, which i think is unrealistic for most incels since that would take a tremendous effort of energy and require above average iq. then after that, i suppose something healthy can be figured out, i think "That Guy Pete You Refuse to Invite to Gatherings" on yt did that, but i'm not sure as i've only heard snippets of him doing that with his therapist in a video.

if you want to practice debating blackpill you can talk to me, i've spent a lot of time formulating arguments in my own head because i can't get the bluepill gaslighting voices out, i keep replaying the same conversations over & over again like "just try harder, why are you so negative, just be confident, improve your personality, etc" so much so that i am forced to refute them each time i hear them in my head

i don't think therapy will work for me, i'd much rather sort out my own problems and i think therapy today is largely just paying someone to be your friend to listen to your problems
So I ask as a pretty young man for this forum (19), how have you aged? Are there any oldcels here who are still butt ugly in their 30s and 40s?
i'm 20, i'll share my thoughts on the idea of aging. idk your height & other physical traits but let's assume you're below average looking and not a turbomanlet. i have a sliver of hope that women will treat me differently as i age into my 30s, i don't know if i'll be attracted to women in their 30s or if they'll even be attracted to me but it's not like i know for sure the outcome, so i'm still inhaling a little hopium (which i think is realistic) but i'm not gonna bet that my circumstances will change.

on the whole topic of "it's over" in dating, i think you should watch thinking ape's video. i've accepted that it's over for me AS OF NOW in dating, so i will have to just cling onto something else in life and studying genetics in my degree as education is the only thing i have left which i'm good at (i'm afraid many others don't have the privilege of being able to continue further education, let alone study a field they're interested in, so i'm quite lucky in this regard). the important thing is to have something you enjoy doing in life, helps to cope (and mask depression).

View: https://youtu.be/klV1y5Esy0s

Last edited:
It gets worse. I was short, lanky and ugly as a teen, now I'm short, overweight, balding, Grey haired and even uglier as a 40 year old. I never was cute or handsome, or even just average looking. I routinely dull the agony of existing with alcohol and pills which I'm sure will be my demise some day.

Rarely even get bested by Chad, but by guys who like to cheat, hit, verbally abuse, gamble, do meth, steal, rape, huff paint and other shit I can't recall right this moment. I'm so disgustingly subhuman looking I make guys like that look good...