Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My parents treat me like I'm a retard

NeverEvenBegan

NeverEvenBegan

30 KHHV. Ugliest facecel on .is
-
I guess I should not be surprised, but it still hurts. I know I'm not the most intelligent and resourceful person ever, but it still feels awful to be treated like a manchild.

My parents care about me, I care about them, and I consider myself lucky to have them. But whenever I speak, whenever I say something, it's like they are not listening to me, they are are listening to the noise my mouth makes.

Whenever I want to express a point of view, it's like they're treating me like a child who is learning to speak. Like ''heh, isn't he cute? sure thing, buddy''. Like they already know whatever I'm going to say is wrong, so they don't even bother to try and see my point of view.

This made me realize no person ever has respected me. I've never experienced being genuinely respected. Put it on the list of many things I never experienced...

You must give people a reason to respect you. But I have such a bad start, everything is so bad about me, I have nothing to be proud of, nothing to be confident about.

I'm 30 years old and being treated like a retarded manchild by everyone :feelsbadman:

I sometimes get mistaken for 'special needs'. People treat me like I'm a literal retard.
Maybe I am 'special needs'...