Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My friend slowly stopped talking to me after some time, but I'm really lonely.

currycel102

currycel102

currycel
★★★★★
One of my closest friends (kind of unattractive, like myself) sort of randomly and slowly stopped talking to me after some time. I had to be the one to initiate conversations with him after some point... Now it's been a few months since I've spoken a word to him.

I want to message him to hang out because I am really bored and lonely and I have no one to hang out with. He has a good friend group that I liked to be around as well. But I would feel like a cuck if I message him, because it is out of desperation -- he clearly has no intention of hanging out with me. But who knows, maybe we reconnect again...

Do I sacrifice my dignity to have a chance at not LDARing every weekend? Or try to make new friends?

Same thing almost always happens to me, I have maybe 1-2 people I can call IRL friends.

Same thing almost always happens to me, I have maybe 1-2 people I can call IRL friends.
And it really fucken sucks to lose one of them for no apparent reason.

But this one hurts because he introduced me to a large friend group at some point, and they were really nice, even some females... So i'm losing out on many connections just through one guy.

You need new friends or your sanity fades. Just do whatever it takes to regain them like joining clubs at your uni or if ur not in uni join one. As a last resort you can even join the military. If you can't make friends there you probs can't make friends anywhere.

Same thing happened to me. Now I just rot alone lol

Up to you to decide if you wanna reach out again and keep this one sided friendship alive artifically or just let it be. My advice is to let it be, you will just end up feeling like you are not welcome

And it really fucken sucks to lose one of them for no apparent reason.
Yeah it's just a part of growing up. You will lost contact and connections with people. The life of the average man is actually very boring, and mundane. Unfortunately for a guy like me, I missed out on hanging out with friends at a young age, and now I will never experience that.

But I accept this. Life is a single player game.

Make friends at any cost. You WILL go insane without them. Its just a question of when
Yeah I've already gone insane ngl. I'm gonna try ntmaxxing soon. Like make dumb instagram stories, and react to other people's stories. It won't work but that's pretty much all I got to offer lol. just trying to blend in with the normal people

Up to you to decide if you wanna reach out again and keep this one sided friendship alive artifically or just let it be. My advice is to let it be, you will just end up feeling like you are not welcome
Yeah thats what Im going with now... But man we had such a similar sense of humor and everything, and to be frank, the people i interact with now (at work) are so fucking cringe. I dont even want to be friends with them. This distanced friend, we just met each other by random chance in a class, I'm hoping some similar random chance can happen in which i can meet someone who has similar interest to me... But were not in college anymore, theres no social settings to just meet someone.

Funny thing is, I want a mutual friend to come visit my city (where me and my distanced friend live), and sort of invite us both some place... And when we meet up we can reconnect, so it doesn't have to be so one sided.
Yeah it's just a part of growing up. You will lost contact and connections with people. The life of the average man is actually very boring, and mundane. Unfortunately for a guy like me, I missed out on hanging out with friends at a young age, and now I will never experience that.

But I accept this. Life is a single player game.
To be honest, I've cut people off too. But that was because they were mean to me. I hope I didn't give any impression of being mean to this distanced friend, it would be a bad misunderstanding.
You need new friends or your sanity fades. Just do whatever it takes to regain them like joining clubs at your uni or if ur not in uni join one. As a last resort you can even join the military. If you can't make friends there you probs can't make friends anywhere.
I'm not at uni unfortunately... I've graduated and moved out to a big city, where both me and this distanced friend are living. I make good money and all so I'm not going to change my living situation... But most of my friends live in other cities, so we just talk online, theyre married, or they just dont have connections to larger friend groups.
I do meet like once a week with some other friends, but it's always 1 on 1 for like a quick lunch or dinner, and we arent that close either. No fun groups of 5 where we just spend a weekend drinking after going to a restaurant together, we dont talk about anything serious or deep.... I'm going to miss it.

Yeah thats what Im going with now... But man we had such a similar sense of humor and everything, and to be frank, the people i interact with now (at work) are so fucking cringe. I dont even want to be friends with them. This distanced friend, we just met each other by random chance in a class, I'm hoping some similar random chance can happen in which i can meet someone who has similar interest to me... But were not in college anymore, theres no social settings to just meet someone.

Funny thing is, I want a mutual friend to come visit my city (where me and my distanced friend live), and sort of invite us both some place... And when we meet up we can reconnect, so it doesn't have to be so one sided.

To be honest, I've cut people off too. But that was because they were mean to me. I hope I didn't give any impression of being mean to this distanced friend, it would be a bad misunderstanding.

I'm not at uni unfortunately... I've graduated and moved out to a big city, where both me and this distanced friend are living. I make good money and all so I'm not going to change my living situation... But most of my friends live in other cities, so we just talk online, theyre married, or they just dont have connections to larger friend groups.
I do meet like once a week with some other friends, but it's always 1 on 1 for like a quick lunch or dinner, and we arent that close either. No fun groups of 5 where we just spend a weekend drinking after going to a restaurant together, we dont talk about anything serious or deep.... I'm going to miss it.
Sounds like u have friends lmfao. Ur def doing a lot better than a lot of people especially me

Sounds like u have friends lmfao. Ur def doing a lot better than a lot of people especially me
Yeah I know, but I also just got out of college lmao, which is supposed to be the most social time of your life. It's all downhill from here :feelsrope:

Yes. Either he's calling acquaintances 'friends' or he's not as lonely as one believes

But to be honest, it's really not that great to have friends who play video games with you, and thats the only interaction you really have with them... whats the point?

But to be honest, it's really not that great to have friends who play video games with you, and thats the only interaction you really have with them... whats the point?
Privilege is invisible to those who have it

Yes. Either he's calling acquaintances 'friends' or he's not as lonely as one believes
I think i've described it just accurately. I have some high school and college friends whom i play video games with or talk online, but i'm really looking for face to face interaction, you cannot survive without face to face interaction, you will just rot and lose your mind... Great thing about college is that we were all in one city, now we've all spread out...
There's only a couple people in my city whom i can call friends, and they are not all that interesting to talk to, because one is married and the other is just really boring and we don't really have much in common. I dont know, maybe we are acquaintances. My closest friend though is the one who has stopped talking to me, and that was the most upsetting.

I think i've described it just accurately. I have some high school and college friends whom i play video games with or talk online, but i'm really looking for face to face interaction, you cannot survive without face to face interaction, you will just rot and lose your mind... Great thing about college is that we were all in one city, now we've all spread out...
There's only a couple people in my city whom i can call friends, and they are not all that interesting to talk to, because one is married and the other is just really boring and we don't really have much in common. I dont know, maybe we are acquaintances. My closest friend though is the one who has stopped talking to me, and that was the most upsetting.
How do you meet new people after college

For an incel? Your guess is as good as mine.

I haven't met any new people after college, besides my roommates... My friends I describe were people from my college who ended up in my city to work.

But this one hurts because he introduced me to a large friend group at some point, and they were really nice, even some females... So i'm losing out on many connections just through one guy.
Brutal, sorry to hear that man.
Table-top game stuff, card games, etc. seems to be what people are doing.

Once I can moneymaxx, I might get into warhammermaxxing.

Same he was the only friend I had but i fucking hate him