Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill My dad doesn't understand why I'm an incel.

My parents are fossils, so they have no idea what the dating landscape is for men nowadays. Honestly though, apart from mentioning how discontent I am with my appearance, I’ve never really mentioned anything else blackpill related nor have I ever used incel terminology in front of them. This is for two reasons; One, they’re too out of touch to ever understand what the life of an incel is like in current year, and two, I don’t want to be reported to the police and monitored closely.

most parents are bluepilled,my dad told me internet is not real life

"You could have had a girlfriend back in highschool." Except I didn't, and the ostracism began then too, not only was I deprived of an important milestone in my psychological development but I was also stripped of human decency. It's as Abraham Maslow's pyramid of needs suggests, someone who lacks a sense of safety and belonging will struggle to attain higher aspects of life quality on the pyramid. Being ostracized and alienated is the worst possible thing that could happen to you. I was basically knocked down to the bottom rung and physiological needs are the only needs I can be concerned with.

I think everyone here is in the same situation. Gen x/boomer parents that dont know how things work nowadays. Especially mothers

My dad is born in the late 50's and has been very handsome his entire life (he looks a bit like Pierce Brosnan, thanks to genetic recombination, I don't). He was seen as somewhat of a Casanova in his town, something that pains me everyday.

Anyway, he just can't seem to understand why I can't get girls. He tells me to: "get out there". His mindset is stuck in a 60/70's utopia where a bunch of sociable singles would just gather in parks, parking lots, by the lake, and make acquaintes (which would inevitably lead to romance). This just isn't the way of the world anymore, the spontaneity is gone. The hunger to meet new people is gone. It's all online now of course.

The biggest factor however, is how many faces the average person is exposed to on a daily basis today. In the 70's, seeing a new face from another friend group was a novelty, and the person was humanised. Now, you can swipe Tinder and see 200 new faces in half an hour and have no connection to them at all. A girl seeing a new guy rocking up on a bike to the lake in 1972 could be exciting, and even if he wasn't a Chad, she would at least give him the time of day were he to approach. Today, she has matched with 10 8/10s before her Starbucks breakfast and any guy below that she sees during the rest of her day isn't even considered human.

There is no avenue for the modern guy to "get out there". Nightclubs are just money pits that serve women's attention whoring and the chances of pulling are non-existent (unless you're Chad of course). The only thing that could save modern men is some sort of mass exodus from social media and some sort of push towards authentic socialization on a massive scale (and even then, incels would hardly be better off).

So I tell my dad that it's because I'm too ugly and of course he doesn't agree, and tells me that even if I were, he knew plenty of ugly guys who got laid in his youth. Yes maybe, if I were NT-maxxed, geomaxxed and niche-maxxed in 1969, I might have gotten a make-out session by a campfire with a low tier Flower Power Becky, but such conditions are a long lost dream. Think of the movie Grease, set in the 50's, where they all end up with their looksmatch because they all go around to different social settings as a group. Most men nowadays don't even have close friends. Back then, 'just showing' up was actually a strategy that could lead to something, even if you weren't a stud. The destruction that social media and dating apps have brought upon dating/romance cannot be understated. It will literally be our doom.

How do your parents approach your inceldom? Do you discuss it?
Fuck no. they don't give two fucks about me and I usually thoughts of killing them

My parents have never asked about my love life which I have never had but it's like they new from the beginning it was over for me, they never took any interest

Typical boomer mindset, the most entitled and spoiled generation ever. Nearly everyone could get married with their looksmatch at least and employers didn't expect applicants to lie about their superiority, they only had to show off and they got their high standards of living. They never had to be special in any kind of way or have an IQ higher than 80.
this :yes:
boomers have the lowest self awareness of all generations; i would know. my parents are baby boomers :cryfeels:

"You could have had a girlfriend back in highschool." Except I didn't, and the ostracism began then too, not only was I deprived of an important milestone in my psychological development but I was also stripped of human decency. It's as Abraham Maslow's pyramid of needs suggests, someone who lacks a sense of safety and belonging will struggle to attain higher aspects of life quality on the pyramid. Being ostracized and alienated is the worst possible thing that could happen to you. I was basically knocked down to the bottom rung and physiological needs are the only needs I can be concerned with.
And then the same scumbags who bullied you ask what's wrong with you. "Why are you like this?"... :woke:

How do your parents approach your inceldom? Do you discuss it?
My mother not surprisingly thinks that I'll end up being normal and meet a wife to spend my life with. My dad doesn't talk about it. But according to my mom, he was exactly like yours in his youth. Handsome, very sociable and one of the most popular guy in highschool.
Anyways, my mom has been gaslighting me since I was born by telling me that everything is going to get better and I will have a magnificent marvelous and beautiful life. When I was young and stupid, I believed her and that's how I ended up here. I don't blame her, I'm an incel and nothing would've been different even if I had taken other past decisions. She just didn't help me realize earlier my situation.

Last edited:
I think everyone here is in the same situation. Gen x/boomer parents that dont know how things work nowadays. Especially mothers
Everyone blue-pillers talk according to their personal experiences. And since mothers are also foids overall, they had tons of relationships handed to them since their very young age, so they think that's equally as easy for men. What they don't know is that in reality, men struggled to make it easy for her.