Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill My dad doesn't understand why I'm an incel.

Nordicel94

Nordicel94

Pancake-faced viking-cel
★★★★★
My dad is born in the late 50's and has been very handsome his entire life (he looks a bit like Pierce Brosnan, thanks to genetic recombination, I don't). He was seen as somewhat of a Casanova in his town, something that pains me everyday.

Anyway, he just can't seem to understand why I can't get girls. He tells me to: "get out there". His mindset is stuck in a 60/70's utopia where a bunch of sociable singles would just gather in parks, parking lots, by the lake, and make acquaintes (which would inevitably lead to romance). This just isn't the way of the world anymore, the spontaneity is gone. The hunger to meet new people is gone. It's all online now of course.

The biggest factor however, is how many faces the average person is exposed to on a daily basis today. In the 70's, seeing a new face from another friend group was a novelty, and the person was humanised. Now, you can swipe Tinder and see 200 new faces in half an hour and have no connection to them at all. A girl seeing a new guy rocking up on a bike to the lake in 1972 could be exciting, and even if he wasn't a Chad, she would at least give him the time of day were he to approach. Today, she has matched with 10 8/10s before her Starbucks breakfast and any guy below that she sees during the rest of her day isn't even considered human.

There is no avenue for the modern guy to "get out there". Nightclubs are just money pits that serve women's attention whoring and the chances of pulling are non-existent (unless you're Chad of course). The only thing that could save modern men is some sort of mass exodus from social media and some sort of push towards authentic socialization on a massive scale (and even then, incels would hardly be better off).

So I tell my dad that it's because I'm too ugly and of course he doesn't agree, and tells me that even if I were, he knew plenty of ugly guys who got laid in his youth. Yes maybe, if I were NT-maxxed, geomaxxed and niche-maxxed in 1969, I might have gotten a make-out session by a campfire with a low tier Flower Power Becky, but such conditions are a long lost dream. Think of the movie Grease, set in the 50's, where they all end up with their looksmatch because they all go around to different social settings as a group. Most men nowadays don't even have close friends. Back then, 'just showing' up was actually a strategy that could lead to something, even if you weren't a stud. The destruction that social media and dating apps have brought upon dating/romance cannot be understated. It will literally be our doom.

How do your parents approach your inceldom? Do you discuss it?

my parents dont care at all.

Typical boomer mindset, the most entitled and spoiled generation ever. Nearly everyone could get married with their looksmatch at least and employers didn't expect applicants to lie about their superiority, they only had to show off and they got their high standards of living. They never had to be special in any kind of way or have an IQ higher than 80.

I'm open about my inceldom but I rarely use terms my parents don't know or understand. My parents still seem to have way too much of hope me getting a woman even though I'm 25 next year and I have aspergers which is a death sentence regarding to socialization which must come naturally from anyone who isn't a chad women do all the work for. I get advice like trying a different dating app, I never got a single meeting from tinder which I've been trying to use countless of times since 2018 because I hate nightclubs, I'm not into alcohol.

Last edited:
My dad is born in the late 50's and has been very handsome his entire life (he looks a bit like Pierce Brosnan, thanks to genetic recombination, I don't). He was seen as somewhat of a Casanova in his town, something that pains me everyday.

Anyway, he just can't seem to understand why I can't get girls. He tells me to: "get out there". His mindset is stuck in a 60/70's utopia where a bunch of sociable singles would just gather in parks, parking lots, by the lake, and make acquaintes (which would inevitably lead to romance). This just isn't the way of the world anymore, the spontaneity is gone. The hunger to meet new people is gone. It's all online now of course.

The biggest factor however, is how many faces the average person is exposed to on a daily basis today. In the 70's, seeing a new face from another friend group was a novelty, and the person was humanised. Now, you can swipe Tinder and see 200 new faces in half an hour and have no connection to them at all. A girl seeing a new guy rocking up on a bike to the lake in 1972 could be exciting, and even if he wasn't a Chad, she would at least give him the time of day were he to approach. Today, she has matched with 10 8/10s before her Starbucks breakfast and any guy below that she sees during the rest of her day isn't even considered human.

There is no avenue for the modern guy to "get out there". Nightclubs are just money pits that serve women's attention whoring and the chances of pulling are non-existent (unless you're Chad of course). The only thing that could save modern men is some sort of mass exodus from social media and some sort of push towards authentic socialization on a massive scale (and even then, incels would hardly be better off).

So I tell my dad that it's because I'm too ugly and of course he doesn't agree, and tells me that even if I were, he knew plenty of ugly guys who got laid in his youth. Yes maybe, if I were NT-maxxed, geomaxxed and niche-maxxed in 1969, I might have gotten a make-out session by a campfire with a low tier Flower Power Becky, but such conditions are a long lost dream. Think of the movie Grease, set in the 50's, where they all end up with their looksmatch because they all go around to different social settings as a group. Most men nowadays don't even have close friends. Back then, 'just showing' up was actually a strategy that could lead to something, even if you weren't a stud. The destruction that social media and dating apps have brought upon dating/romance cannot be understated. It will literally be our doom.

My dad was as delusional as yours about my prospects.

Sigh.

If only “just getting out there” and “just go talk to her” actually worked why hell we wouldn’t even have a forum!

Typical boomer mindset, the most entitled and spoiled generation ever. Nearly everyone could get married with their looksmatch at least and employers didn't expect applicants to lie about their superiority, they only had to show off and they got their high standards of living. They never had to be special in any kind of way or have an IQ higher than 80.

I'm open about my inceldom but I rarely use terms my parents don't know or understand. My parents still seem to have way too much of hope me getting a woman even though I'm 25 next year and I have aspergers which is a death sentence regarding to socialization which must come naturally from anyone who isn't a chad women do all the work for. I get advice like trying a different dating app, I never got a single meeting from tinder which I've been trying to use countless of times since 2018 because I hate nightclubs, I'm not into alcohol.
Imagine it's 1965, you're a little weird but you helped a guy with his homework and he asks you if you want to tag along to the beach. There's gonna be a group of girls there, and booze and a campfire. You're nervous but you decide to go. Once there, a group of girls with summer dresses greet you. One of them is named Laura and she thinks you look a little dorky but she's never seen you before and she becomes curious. After a couple of beers your Aspergers doesn't inhibit you as much and you decide to go talk to Laura. Laura is your looksmatch and is also shy. You talk for hours before she says that she has to go home before her parents kill her, then she gives you her phone number. You're overjoyed. Finally you've met a potential match.

Fast forward to Laura in 2024. Her mind is rotted by feminism and misandry. Her hair is pink. When she wakes up, she discovers 20 new matches on Hinge. She sifts through them, only choosing to respond to two guys who are way above her league. Then she goes to the library to study for her liberal arts exam. You're there too. The place is packed and the only seat available is opposite a girl with pink hair. You ask her with a shaky voice: "Can I sit here?". Now instead of thinking that you look kind of dorky like she did in 1965, you immediately fall into the category of "incel" or "creep" because of what social media has been feeding her for 15 years. You aren't a human to her, you're just a talking slab of meat. She instantly feels threatened, assuming that you're going to try go hit on her, so she stays for about 5 minutes before leaving hastily.

When she gets home, she makes a TikTok about how a creepy guy approached her at the library and how men should stop harassing women. A few days later, you see the TikTok and feel mortified. You vow to keep away from women altogether in the future. She has officially expelled a man from the dating market with the click of a button.

What's missing today from woman is common politeness, humanity and empathy towards men. We are living in a dystopian dating world where everything can become everybody's business within seconds. I believe that a fair chunk of us would have had girlfriends in the 50-80's.

Funny but my mom actually agrees with a lot of blackpill points (like dating apps and looks being the only important thing to these cunts now) whilst my dad is still stuck in the past like yours

My father once asked me if I'm gay because I don't talk about women, how can I talk about something I've never touched on in my life?

Good post.

Talk about inceldom with boomers does not make sense. Boomers lived in a completely different world than you. Absolutely different. It is like to explain Internet to a person that lived in XII century. You will only waste your time

I personally would not talk to them about inceldom. When they ask to you, the best thing is reply with some hostility. This gradually will avoid they ask again, leaving you in peace.

Last edited:
my mom stopped bringing up the remark about me having children of my own a few years ago, sucks for her that she decided to have only 1 fucking child.

My mom is kinda pilled at this point thanks to me. My father is an oofy-doofy delusional brain dead cuck, that I prefer to interact with as little as possible.

My mom is convinced I'm a "good-looking young guy". She was born in the 60s and is stuck in the 80s mindset. She shows pictures of me to her friends, and they say the same thing, which of course they would. Would you tell your friend of thirty years, "Your only son is a fucking uggo"?

At this point, she's pretty much accepted that she won't have grandkids. She doesn't hold it against me. However, she has said that I should "respect women" more, jfl.
She says just because young women fuck around with a different guy every weekend, doesn't mean I should want a different girl every weekend. I keep telling her I don't, that I only want one who isn't damaged goods. She says, "They're out there", and I say, "Yes, but they got married to their high school sweetheart at 18."

At the end of the day, parents just don't want to accept that their line is ending.

My parents aren't so much out of touch boomers as they are more like incompetent sycophants that never had the experience of ever being successful enough to warrant giving anyone else advice on how to succeed and not fail at achieving life milestones.

Never, ever, EVER mention the blackpill or the "I" word to anyone IRL. You are only going to make things worse for yourself.
If you are questioned on why no gf, deny, deny, deny and divert the conversation.

I wouldn't talk about my inceldom with my parents and if they insisted on talking about it, I would just point at my missing hairline and my scarred face and say I'm ugly and there's nothing I can do about it, end of discussion.

They're not going to understand that the normie of yesterday is an incel of tomorrow. Women's standards skyrocket and being a normal run-of-the-mill dude isn't even enough anymore. If being average isn't good enough then what chances does an uggo like me have?

never discussed. once my mother joked about my (non-existed, but like it existed) GF that she knew did not exist. that's all.

I wouldn't talk about my inceldom with my parents and if they insisted on talking about it, I would just point at my missing hairline and my scarred face and say I'm ugly and there's nothing I can do about it, end of discussion.
same

My mom is convinced I'm a "good-looking young guy". She was born in the 60s and is stuck in the 80s mindset. She shows pictures of me to her friends, and they say the same thing, which of course they would. Would you tell your friend of thirty years, "Your only son is a fucking uggo"?

At this point, she's pretty much accepted that she won't have grandkids. She doesn't hold it against me. However, she has said that I should "respect women" more, jfl.
She says just because young women fuck around with a different guy every weekend, doesn't mean I should want a different girl every weekend. I keep telling her I don't, that I only want one who isn't damaged goods. She says, "They're out there", and I say, "Yes, but they got married to their high school sweetheart at 18."

At the end of the day, parents just don't want to accept that their line is ending.
you are lucky, since you are the only child. I am not, so they care less.

my mom stopped bringing up the remark about me having children of my own a few years ago, sucks for her that she decided to have only 1 fucking child.
were i the only child, maybe my parents would have invested more in me. like getting treatment for my skin condition.

you are lucky, since you are the only child. I am not, so they care less.
True, to an extent. As an only child, your parents do invest everything in you, but that's at home. Outside in the real world, when normies (especially women) hear you're an only child, that's a massive red flag.

my parents dont care at all.
Arguably the WORST kind of parents tbh
Not caring at all to ensure your offspring is able to secure the means to have their own offspring means you don't deserve at all to reproduce

Never, ever, EVER mention the blackpill or the "I" word to anyone IRL. You are only going to make things worse for yourself.
If you are questioned on why no gf, deny, deny, deny and divert the conversation.

Imagine it's 1965, you're a little weird but you helped a guy with his homework and he asks you if you want to tag along to the beach. There's gonna be a group of girls there, and booze and a campfire. You're nervous but you decide to go. Once there, a group of girls with summer dresses greet you. One of them is named Laura and she thinks you look a little dorky but she's never seen you before and she becomes curious. After a couple of beers your Aspergers doesn't inhibit you as much and you decide to go talk to Laura. Laura is your looksmatch and is also shy. You talk for hours before she says that she has to go home before her parents kill her, then she gives you her phone number. You're overjoyed. Finally you've met a potential match.

Fast forward to Laura in 2024. Her mind is rotted by feminism and misandry. Her hair is pink. When she wakes up, she discovers 20 new matches on Hinge. She sifts through them, only choosing to respond to two guys who are way above her league. Then she goes to the library to study for her liberal arts exam. You're there too. The place is packed and the only seat available is opposite a girl with pink hair. You ask her with a shaky voice: "Can I sit here?". Now instead of thinking that you look kind of dorky like she did in 1965, you immediately fall into the category of "incel" or "creep" because of what social media has been feeding her for 15 years. You aren't a human to her, you're just a talking slab of meat. She instantly feels threatened, assuming that you're going to try go hit on her, so she stays for about 5 minutes before leaving hastily.

When she gets home, she makes a TikTok about how a creepy guy approached her at the library and how men should stop harassing women. A few days later, you see the TikTok and feel mortified. You vow to keep away from women altogether in the future. She has officially expelled a man from the dating market with the click of a button.

What's missing today from woman is common politeness, humanity and empathy towards men. We are living in a dystopian dating world where everything can become everybody's business within seconds. I believe that a fair chunk of us would have had girlfriends in the 50-80's.
Beyond over

Pretty much sums up today

My parents think i am handsome

My dad thinks I'm a dork and I'm solely responsible for my miserable life. He's not entirely wrong, but he can't ever acknowledge his life before social media and the internet greatly helped him develop socially.

funny I was just having this conversation with my boomER mother today. I told her "it's not 1960, you can't just go down to the bowling alley to meet people anymore!"

funny I was just having this conversation with my boomER mother today. I told her "it's not 1960, you can't just go down to the bowling alley to meet people anymore!"
Precisely, they just don't understand. That golden age between 1945-2000 is long gone.

Tell him to fuck off and give him some spiritus to drink so you wouldn't need to worry about that retard ever again.

What about the 2000s?
Big nope, by that time you had next feminazi wave and start of the new popculture with foids requiring much better looking men and then internet got mainstream with smartphones. Trust me i was there and foids were only going for handsome Chads or at least high tier normies. There was a foid that fucked one of them in a toilet it was around 2006-2007 and it was a Christian school JFL while i was kept getting rejected by every single foid.

Last edited:
2010s is when things started

Due to dating apps and social media
Largely true, but I believe even 9/11 had an impact on the community spirit and spontaneity of social life. People became more suspicious of eachother, optimism died, people's world view of "what was possible" shifted, it was something so out of left field that it made people more introspective, in the way that hearing a piece of bad news in the morning will linger in your mind throughout the day. This was mostly true in the US of course, but all of the West was suddenly at war with an invisible enemy that could strike at anytime. It was a cultural shift. But you're right, social media and dating apps were the main culprit.

Big nope, by that time you had next feminazi wave and start of the new popculture with foids requiring much better looking men and then internet got mainstream with smartphones. Trust me i was there and foids were only going for handsome Chads or at least high tier normies. There was a foid that fucked one of them in a toilet it was around 2006-2007 and it was a Christian school JFL while i was kept getting rejected by every single foid.
Brooooootal

Largely true, but I believe even 9/11 had an impact on the community spirit and spontaneity of social life. People became more suspicious of eachother, optimism died, people's world view of "what was possible" shifted, it was something so out of left field that it made people more introspective, in the way that hearing a piece of bad news in the morning will linger in your mind throughout the day. This was mostly true in the US of course, but all of the West was suddenly at war with an invisible enemy that could strike at anytime. It was a cultural shift. But you're right, social media and dating apps were the main culprit.
Any world without dating apps and social media was better, really

Your text is one of the few worth reading here brocel, I myself always wished to be born in the 70s-80s in America, I believe this is were western soyciety had its peak.

I heard that a htn back then would be a mtn today

At least my parents mostly leave me alone when it comes to having kids and having a gf because deep down they knew it never began for me. Its mostly my delusional dads parents and some other relatives that kept and keep asking me if i have a gf