Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel My cousin borrowed my guitar and tuned it standard

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
I was going to record something today but now I'd better wait a bit till it settles on the half step down tuning again. Or else it will get out of tune in the middle of the recording probably.

Damn standard tuning tenor young pretty boys. I need to play half step down as a baritone oldcel.

Go ER on him

I used to play guitar until I finally admitted to myself that I had no talent whatsoever so there was no point.

I used to play guitar until I finally admitted to myself that I had no talent whatsoever so there was no point.
I had no talent to sing tbh. My musical ear is not good. Even nowadays I still struggle with getting out of tune and confounding notes with their fifths and thirds.

I only noticed my guitar was tuned half a step higher than usual when I tuned it and saw an E instead of a D#.

i dont understand about music and stuff so is that bad? :feelstrash:

i dont understand about music and stuff so is that bad? :feelstrash:
Mildly inconvenient. If you change the tuning of a guitar, it takes a while for it to stabilize in the new tuning. It keeps "returning" to the tuning it was into for a long time for a while.

Mildly inconvenient. If you change the tuning of a guitar, it takes a while for it to stabilize in the new tuning. It keeps "returning" to the tuning it was into for a long time for a while.
DONT GIVE IT TO HIM ANYYMORE :feelstrash:

Feed his fingers to the wolverines

A lot of guys tuned a half step down in the 70's and shit.

A lot of guys tuned a half step down in the 70's and shit.
Really? I always had the impression changing the tuning massively was more of a 90s and 00s thing. Silverchair is the #1 band that comes to my mind when I think about changing the tuning for each song.

I once broke my 6th string trying to tune the guitar in open G# to play this:

Your cousin should be jailed
full

I know piano a bit.

Drop A is the way to go.

Like, the 6th string in low A and the rest standard?
I'm not a guitarist so not sure about the exact configurations but I used to listen to a lot of heavy bands that used low tunings like Drop A and Drop A#.