Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel My Autism Prevents Me From Mimicing NT Non-Verbal Communication

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
So much of social interaction involves copying the other person, NT's do this subconsciously. This means matching their facial expressions, showing open body language, changing your tone to adjust to the social situation. laughing when they laugh etc. I can't do any of these things properly, every time I try, it looks even more awkward and my timing and delivery are always off. Even when I say the right things, NT's perceive it abnormally and it doesn't have the same emotional impact, causing them to not like or respect me. On top of my gait is also strange, making me look clumsy, so people can automatically see a difference. My whole body feels strange, like it's on backwards, I am unable to adapt or change my mannerisms at all. I feel so helpless in social situations, since despite knowing I am not doing it properly, I can't change it.

Honestly I had a phase like this last year, I would always blink weirdly. It lasted for a week (at its peak, meaning I did it 24/7) because that's all I thought about. Just don't think about it. It sounds like soy advice but it's really true.

Non-NTcels are fucked

Try to smoke some weed

Try to smoke some weed
my dad legit told me this to get over my social anxiety lol
And i can't do normie facial expressions and shit like that to communicate, too autistic

You'll get there

Are you diagnosed? Do you have any intellectual strength?

my dad legit told me this to get over my social anxiety lol
And i can't do normie facial expressions and shit like that to communicate, too autistic
it makes me way feel more autistic when i smoke it and nicotine tbh, idk about you guys

How were you diagnosed as an autist? a neuropsychological test is one of the tools used to diagnose one as such.
I don't really remember tbh it happened a long time ago. But tests involving reading facial expressions have confirmed my autism.