Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Music Megathread

Last edited:
from osrs (try it)

Attachments

• d2baaeee-fc90-408d-8d19-218e018565ef.png
    d2baaeee-fc90-408d-8d19-218e018565ef.png
    809.4 KB · Views: 5
Not bad but nothing special.
Understandable. I basically just like it because it has a graceful yet somber melody and it gets stuck in my head. The violin is obviously the best part though
Have you watched this anime?
Of course bro, listening to an OST when you’ve watched the anime gives it so much more significance and impact. I first watched Vinland Saga at the beginning of 2020 but I‘m occasionally rewatching it with my sister who never watched it

To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to appreciate Vinland Saga. Vinland Saga is most definitely one of a kind story and one that really puts your intelligence to the test. It's one of the few I consider a masterpiece, but it might be easier to see those qualities more cleary if you have read the manga. For now, let's discuss the anime, where studio Wit pulled out all the stops and served an incredibly amount of justice and created a fantastic adaptation. I would go as far as to even call it "perfect." I can imagine that even the manga readers would not have a problem with such a massive statement. It took everyone by storm when it first hit the screens and blew all the expectations out of the water for many. It's no doubt that Vinland Saga is an anime that will keep close to everyone's heart, and it's a prime example of a beautiful adaptation that exceeds the source material. Of course, let's not forget about Attack on Titan, which is another anime done by Wit studio and breathtakingly exceeds the manga in many ways.

I have to say this first Vinland Saga is among the most challenging stories to properly describe. There are multiple plot threads, and character that plays a massive role you have to take into account, and it's hard to connect everything together through words. But I'll try my best. I could start off by saying it's an intense and complex character study heavily focused on both Thorfinn and Askeladd. The story starts out simple and straightforward. Vinland Saga could take any number of directions. It's basically a slice of life of this nice and wholesome family in Island, who lives their day to the fullest. That is until one of the most influential and powerful viking groups come knocking to take their pal back with them to war. Our supposed main Thors was in the past, one of the strongest viking warriors to ever live. Until one day he up and left and built a wonderful family, and didn't want anything to do with iron and blood any more. But because of an iron rule, he is pulled back to the one thing he now hates, and ultimately dies at the hands of pirates.

His son Thorfinn, who had a sense of adventure and was this naive innocent guy previously. (SPOILER) Now is set on killing Askeladd, the guy who more or less set up his dad to get killed cowardly. (SPOILER) That's the story in a nutshell if you just look at the outer layer and not deeper into things. But not at all, there is so much more than meets the eye here. Vinland Saga is intricate, deep, and very philosophical, and there are multiple plot threads to take into account, as I have stated earlier. There are so many episodes that ask a tricky question, and we had many brilliantly executed episodes that showcase the brutality in this period and are trying to convey something profound and heavy to the audience. Our character is trying to either reach one of those things or stay stuck in the past with wars and pillaging, raping. The story is set in the 10-11th century when the vikings ran wild everywhere. And nations were conspiring to take over other lands by the use of warfare and death till one side achieves their goal entirely.

At this time, the previous residents would have forcefully been slaved to work, killed. Maybe even raped since there was no proper system at place to take care of such disgusting acts back then. I feel like Vinland Saga is trying to show us the dirty side of the world. While at the same time building to a better tomorrow through actions of the character. I think it's a realistic depiction of life, acceptance, and of course, growth. It's a story that makes much more sense the further you dive, to put into perspective. Vinland Saga is a massive puzzle piece, and while the first season answered some question through actions and subtlety, not everything might be fully clear to some, So you might not know the full picture, as you first thought. Not to mention, this whole first season is merely a big prologue. It's about 50 chapters worth of content, the anime adapted, and yes, it sounds crazy. But that's actually the truth, believe or not.

Character is one of the key pillars of Vinland Saga, as you can see. They all feel real and important to the overall narrative. But there is one that stands above everyone. Askeladd is such a person, and without going into too many spoilers. He is easily one of the best-written antagonists you will ever see. There are so many things I could throw at you for hating him, but I have tried, and I can't help but appreciate him. Some might succeed, but I have a hard time believing you will hate him till the end. Yes, it's hard to hate such a savage cunning, witty and manipulative mad lad who has so freaking much personality and is an extremely well-written character. I could see Thorfinn not hitting off that well with many. He might come off as annoying at times since his dedication to revenge is extreme, and he might come off as linear and easy to a lot of people. It's not until toward the end, you see his potential of complexity, and once a season two arrives, it will be shown to everyone in full detail. Vinland Saga art-style, it's no doubt a piece of art and is stunning. I can't help but be mesmerized by the beauty and amount of details studio Wit puts into this adaptation.

I also can't tell you the number of times I had to stop and take a screenshot of a stunning background since I just loved how bright and vividly it was depicted. Wit didn't fail to nail the mood, and each shot represents the vibe perfectly and elevates the emotions further. That goes for the character details too, which looks and feels so real. The expressions are distinctive, and the level of detail is just as crazy as the background. There is gore here to, so heads and limbs flying are not wholly censored. As for the visuals, the movements don't come off as stiff and feel fluid and dynamic. When it comes to the action scenes, it's nothing short of top-notch either. It will have your eyes glued to the screen, and you might even find yourself replaying a couple of scenes, because of just how immersive and impacting it feels. It was undoubtedly a blessing to have Wit studio adapt Vinland Saga, and they made it an unforgettable, fulfilling and an exhilarating experience without question.

Let's also add some love to the soundtrack, which nails every given setting and atmosphere to a tee. Wit is fully able to utilize art, animation, and soundtrack together to create a sense of balance between them and really nail the emotions and scenery with the gorgeous background. I don't cry easily, and Vinland Saga made me shed tons of waterfall to the point my eyes almost got dry. As for the opening and ending song, every single track is the art of beauty and delightful to listen to. I honestly don't hate any of the tracks and was easily absorbed into the music and visuals. And both endings are beautiful and hits strong and are packed with emotions and lots of symbolism like the openings. Suffice to say, Wit Studio made Makoto cry tears of joy to see his masterwork handled so delicately and with so much care and passion.

What's negative about Vinland Saga? I am trying to wrap my brain around it, but I didn't see a thing I felt irked me to no end. There were short moments here and there where the art-style looked scruffy, but it was barely enough to cause a huge commotion. It's totally understandable Wit would have few mishaps here and there. Since they have been adapting with the utmost care and heart since the beginning. So all the animators must have felt exhausted by the end of an episode. It's more surprising they were able to deliver this kind of quality for a whole season. I have really nothing bad to say about Vinland Saga. It's a solid adaptation in my eyes all around, and you would have to be really picky to find something terrible with it if you ask me. Maybe I could throw out the CGI was not the most pleasant whenever it was in use, but I hardly noticed, so it was never a problem for me personally.

Overall I highly recommend Vinland Saga, but I will say this too, it's sadly not for everyone. The more mature audience will enjoy it more, and it's a slow burner, so not everyone will fully appreciate it. It's also important to be aware of that Vinland Saga is profoundly character, philosophical, and historical driven story. So certainly not something you see every day and unquestionably one of a kind story. The best way to know for sure if you will enjoy it or not is to see the first few episodes and see what you think for yourself. Also, the story relies on your brain and Wit, and your interpretation might be different from many. It's not something you can fully grasp in the first watch easily. Anyway, we have more than enough content for a sequel, so let's cross our fingers in anticipation as we wait for one. The ending hints at one. I will say this much: its gonna be another unique experience compared to the first part. This was easily one of the best anime of 2019, if not the best, and I urge anyone to give it a shot at some point in your life. Vinland saga might be a story that will stay you with for a lifetime, and it's an incredibly written one at that.

Last edited:
Of course bro, listening to an OST when you’ve watched the anime gives it so much more significance and impact.
I thought so that this music is connected with some kind of emotional experiences.
[UWSL][UWSL]I'm not a fan of anime, but you write about it so enthusiastically that I wanted to watch it.[/UWSL][/UWSL]:feelsokman:
[UWSL][UWSL]If you like philosophizing and asking yourself questions, I recommend playing the game "The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante". I literally fell in love with this game. Over some scenes I sobbed like a beaten whore.:feelscry:[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]If you live according to your own conscience, you will have a completely unforgettable experience. The beautiful language of the story makes you forget about the absence of any graphics, and the varied and eventful life of sir Branthe - about the need to adjust the answers to the decisions. And of course, one cannot fail to note the gorgeous music for this game.[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]I highly recommend turning on the "calculator" not earlier than after 3-4 playthroughs without it, otherwise the game will not open. [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]I cannot fail to note the wonderful plot and how much the story of one person's life is intertwined in the plot with the history of the family, the city and the whole empire, and closer to the end of the game, all this is extremely cleverly woven into a single thread, into a single destiny. In a word - I recommend![/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVQixWnZk4

Last edited:
I thought so that this music is connected with some kind of emotional experiences.
[UWSL][UWSL]I'm not a fan of anime, but you write about it so enthusiastically that I wanted to watch it.[/UWSL][/UWSL]:feelsokman:
[UWSL][UWSL]If you like philosophizing and asking yourself questions, I recommend playing the game "The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante". I literally fell in love with this game. Over some scenes I sobbed like a beaten whore.:feelscry:[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]If you live according to your own conscience, you will have a completely unforgettable experience. The beautiful language of the story makes you forget about the absence of any graphics, and the varied and eventful life of sir Branthe - about the need to adjust the answers to the decisions. And of course, one cannot fail to note the gorgeous music for this game.[/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]I highly recommend turning on the "calculator" not earlier than after 3-4 playthroughs without it, otherwise the game will not open. [/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL]I cannot fail to note the wonderful plot and how much the story of one person's life is intertwined in the plot with the history of the family, the city and the whole empire, and closer to the end of the game, all this is extremely cleverly woven into a single thread, into a single destiny. In a word - I recommend![/UWSL][/UWSL]
If you do decide to watch Vinland Saga, thank me later :y'all:

I’m a mobilecel and I don’t have a PC. I’m not that much into vidya but interesting stuff man. Bookmarked, will check out a let’s play later if you enjoy it that much. I highly doubt I’ll shed a tear though :feelsokman:

Wtf the game came out 2 months ago :dafuckfeels:

View: https://youtu.be/JJOp21mehMM

Damn near put my ass to sleep ded srs

Last edited: