Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Mushrooms with therapy to treat depression: groundbreaking discovery or cope?

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_icedDpCO8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UO8NBMcdGc

Amygdala makes you anxious and lazy
https://lookism.net/threads/brutal-...ke-you-high-inhib-but-also-lazy-study.335048/

Big amygdala causes anxiety

"Psilocybin-Induced Decrease in Amygdala Reactivity Correlates with Enhanced Positive Mood in Healthy Volunteers"
"Amygdala reactivity to negative and neutral stimuli was lower after psilocybin administration than after placebo administration. The psilocybin-induced attenuation of right amygdala
reactivity in response to negative stimuli was related to the psilocybin-induced increase in positive mood state."

"Psilocybin’s acute psychedelic effects typically became detectable 30–60 min after dosing, peaked 2–3 h after dosing, and subsided to negligible levels at least 6 h after dosing. Mean self-rated intensity (on a 0–1 scale) was 0·51 (SD 0·36) for the low-dose session and 0·75 (SD 0·27) for the high-dose session. Psilocybin was well tolerated by all of the patients, and no serious or unexpected adverse events occurred. The adverse reactions we noted were transient anxiety during drug onset (all patients), transient confusion or thought
disorder (nine patients), mild and transient nausea (four patients), and transient headache (four patients). Relative to baseline, depressive symptoms were markedly reduced 1 week (mean QIDS difference –11·8, 95% CI –9·15 to –14·35, p=0·002, Hedges’ g=3·1) and 3 months (–9·2, 95% CI –5·69 to –12·71, p=0·003, Hedges’ g=2) after high-dose treatment. Marked and sustained improvements in anxiety and anhedonia were also noted." https://www.thelancet.com/pb/assets/raw/Lancet/pdfs/S2215036616300657.pdf

"Well, there's a paper that came out last year that showed that there was one drug that turned it off. That is, an experiment was done with cancer patients who are afraid of dying. They have this sense of, I'm going to die, and there's going to be nothing out there. Just this existential dread. But when they were given psilocybin the fear went away." https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vvzy38/i-asked-a-psychopath-how-to-stop-caring-about-rejection "In the brain, psilocybin binds to a number of different receptors for the brain chemical serotonin. By engaging those receptors, psilocybin almost certainly increases the amount of serotonin lingering in the spaces between brain cells -- an antidepressant effect that's pretty predictable. But those same receptors prompt the release of many other neurotransmitters aswell. So psilocybin's effect as a social analgesic could stem from other chemical changes in the brain." "In scans that look at regional activation in the brain, and tests that gauge changes in levels of neurotransmitters, researchers saw that psilocybin notably tamped down activity in some brain regions that are key to processing social pain (the anterior medial cingulate cortex and the middle frontal gyrus). As it did so, researchers saw the neurotransmitter aspartate, which tends to excite certain neurons, plummet. That, in turn, may prompt a cascade of downstream chemical changes in the brain related to the neurochemical glutamate""In short, the new research suggests that treating psychiatric disorders such as anxiety and depression may take more than just lifting mood, as the most widely prescribed antidepressants do. It points to the importance of tamping down hypersensitivity to social rejection as a crucial step in treating those disorders. And it hints that doing so may require more than just boosting the availability of serotonin -- again, as the most widely prescribed antidepressants do -- but also finding ways to make the brain more resilient in the face of social slights."
https://www.latimes.com/science/sci...tion-psilocybin-mushrooms-20160418-story.html

“Several of our patients described feeling ‘reset’ after the treatment and often used computer analogies. For example, one said he felt like his brain had been ‘defragged’ like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt ‘rebooted.’Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary ‘kick start’ they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a ‘reset’ analogy.
Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy.For the study, which researchers say is the first with psilocybin in depression, 20 patients with a treatment-resistant form of the disorder were given two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg), with the second dose a week after the first.”

"Dr. David Nutt, professor of neuropsychopharmacology and senior author of both studies, said, “Psychedelics are thought of as ‘mind-expanding’ drugs so it has commonly been assumed that they work by increasing brain activity, but surprisingly, we found that psilocybin actually caused activity to decrease in areas that have the densest connections with other areas. “These hubs constrain our experience of the world and keep it orderly. We now know that deactivating these regions leads to a state in which the world is experienced as strange.”
"The function of these areas, the medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) and the posterior cingulate cortex (PCC), is the subject of debate among neuroscientists, but the PCC is proposed to have a role in consciousness and self-identity. The mPFC is known to be hyperactive in depression, so psilocybin’s action on this area could be responsible for some antidepressant effects that have been reported."
https://psychcentral.com/news/2014/...-lead-to-new-depression-treatments/67552.html

Study finds mushrooms are the safest recreational drug https://www.theguardian.com/society...ogenic-mushrooms-safest-recreational-drug-lsd

"The treatment worked. Fast. Just one week after the short course was over, patients had shown improvement greater than the average response to antidepressants (remember, these were patients who had already not responded to several antidepressants). And the effects lasted. The most recent follow-up shows that even six months after the course, with no further treatment, patients were significantly less depressed than they had been before the therapy, and many of them still considered themselves to be no longer depressed." "psilocybin is a complete anomaly; a substance that not only seems to have achieved more powerful and long-lasting effects than antidepressants, but which has done so by causing the exact reverse effect on brain activity."
https://thethirdwave.co/psilocybin-anti-antidepressant/

"a recent large, population-wide study found a reduced likelihood of psychological distress and suicidality among those who use classic psychedelics such as psilocybin mushrooms and LSD."
https://thethirdwave.co/psychedelics/shrooms/

"The positive effects were not only structural, but functional – electrophysiological recordings found that the frequency and strength of neural currents were increased for many hours after the psychedelic compounds had been removed."
https://beckleyfoundation.org/2018/06/13/psychedelics-promote-neural-plasticity/

Last edited:
Nothing gets changed, incels lose, society fails, becomes even more degenerate and they feed you with drugs or mushrooms.

psychedelics seem like a good cope tbh, they don't ruin your life either if you take the right amount

Cope! I will always be a truecel. Why should things change if I’m still one now, at 26 years old???

Cope! I will always be a truecel. Why should things change if I’m still one now, at 26 years old???
I am not saying you will stop being an incel, but might be able to stop wanting to kill yourself over it (maybe)

I am not saying you will stop being an incel, but might be able to stop wanting to kill yourself over it (maybe)
Ah I see. Maybe. No antidepressant nor therapy worked on me. Maybe mushrooms might also take sexual desire and desire to form relationship with foids. That would be really good. Bc I atm I can’t kms nor will I ever get a gf. I believe it can cure depression but not sexual frustration from what I’ve read. Thanks for the article though bro

Psychedelics can be a very powerful therapeutic agent indeed with the right practice. It's only our retarded government's desire to control the masses that has led to the suppression of psychedelic research and the benefits of the mystical experiences they can invoke. They can be strong reagents for introspection and cognitive reframing.

That said, those whose psychological issues arise from environmental factors or fundamental incompatibilities with society can only receive temporary benefits. Unless you allow yourself to be brainwashed to conform better to society.

200.gif
Cry Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Ah I see. Maybe. No antidepressant nor therapy worked on me. Maybe mushrooms might also take sexual desire and desire to form relationship with foids. That would be really good. Bc I atm I can’t kms nor will I ever get a gf. I believe it can cure depression but not sexual frustration from what I’ve read. Thanks for the article though bro
The first video is actually about an experiment with people who were resistant to common treatments

The first video is actually about an experiment with people who were resistant to common treatments
thanks! I always believed in mushrooms and medical marijuana!

They say ayahuasca does the same

It needs to be a treatment ASAP. Schmucks like me just turn to alcohol. I heard maybe in ten years' time or some bullshit.

Fuck prohibition, mang.

Last time I did mushies I freaked out hard :feelsUnreal:

Prefer lsd, but haven't done psychs since I've taken the blackpill, would be way too brutal
I had 2 mushroom trips, they start very intense and you are nervous as fuck for 1~2 hours, then you are in full total bliss (pure happiness, no kidding) for 2 hours, this will be the most happy you ever felt in your life. I was already blackpilled and I could clearly remember thinking "So what if I can't have sex?", it was a moment of feeling so happy, so content with life, that nothing matters.... and then you come crashing down, and you feel depressed, ironically. In the second shroom trip, I was depressed for 2 days afterwards, so I was too scared to try it again. But people are not lying when they say happiness/depression are chemicals in the brain.

As an analogy, a shroom trip is like an airplane flight through the magical world of happiness, only to come crashing down at the end. I don't know if this is a particular case for me.

You can also reduce the grey matter in your amygdala by mindfulness meditation

psychedelics seem like a good cope tbh, they don't ruin your life either if you take the right amount
yea you have to microcose for depression for it to be successful, since too heavy of a dose when you're mentally unstable and you can get stuck in a psychosis

I've done shrooms a bunch of times yet here I am.

I don't care if it's a cope, I'm getting high as fuck

Mushrooms never did anything for my anxiety but I took a research chemical in highschool and all the thoughts built up in my head were erased the day after
Elaborate, please...