Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope [Movie Review] The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Caesercel

Caesercel

Just pass me the rope already
★★★★★
174d 22h 3m
The Tale of Princess Kaguya is an animated feature by the famed Japanese house, Studio Ghibli. Its based on the japanese folktale of Kaguya of the Moon. Wherein a farmer, by fortune, comes across an heavenly princes baby and raises her

The folktale itself is a short one and so the movie is not plot heavy. Much like the Disney movies of 60s, like Jungle Book, the plot only serves as an excuse to move from one artistic setpiece and character based emotional hook to the next.

Speaking of visual art, the movie has a deliberate "colored sketch" artstyle making every frame look like a drawing piece. Rendering it a easy to look at but Still poignant. Its how they mix animation with that style where it shines

As a twist of sort ,it follows the POV of the mythical princess, who remains a mute plot object in the original tale, instead of her adoptive dad. It has certain emotional beats, which may have worked on many , but didn't on me. But don't take my word, I'm a dead emotionless husk at this point.

Final word, If you in mood for an animated movie with a mostly positive and feel good visual/musical atmosphere, check this one out.

Idotms

Idotms

the моds must die
★★★★★
90d 3h 16m

Diocel

Diocel

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
★★★★★
315d 4h 52m
Diocel

Diocel

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
★★★★★
315d 4h 52m
laanda

laanda

gooply
★★★★★
30d 11h 33m
The joy I felt when I touched you

Went deep, deep down

And seeped into

Every nook and cranny of this body

Even if I’m far away

And no longer understand anything

Even when the time comes

For this life to end

Everything of now

Is everything of the past

We’ll meet again, I’m sure

In some nostalgic place

:cryfeels:
Caesercel said:
It has certain emotional beats, which may have worked on many , but didn't on me. But don't take my word, I'm a dead emotionless husk at this point.

Uggo Mongo

Uggo Mongo

WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE BIG DAWGS, THINGS GET RUFF
★★★★★
224d 7h 55m
why are you watching cartoons for little girls

Caesercel

Caesercel

Just pass me the rope already
★★★★★
174d 22h 3m
Uggo Mongo said:
why are you watching cartoons for little girls
Had no idea going in. Only knew it was a Ghibli flick, that's why.

calimero

calimero

I need a goth loli gf
★★★
42d 15h 15m
It's a beautiful film but my favourite film of all time is Spirited Away

Arabcel9

Arabcel9

No longer human
6d 23h 37m
studio ghibli movies are always comfy:feelsautistic:

Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Overlord
★★★★★
31d 17h 26m
Caesercel said:
The Tale of Princess Kaguya is an animated feature by the famed Japanese house, Studio Ghibli. Its based on the japanese folktale of Kaguya of the Moon. Wherein a farmer, by fortune, comes across an heavenly princes baby and raises her

The folktale itself is a short one and so the movie is not plot heavy. Much like the Disney movies of 60s, like Jungle Book, the plot only serves as an excuse to move from one artistic setpiece and character based emotional hook to the next.

Speaking of visual art, the movie has a deliberate "colored sketch" artstyle making every frame look like a drawing piece. Rendering it a easy to look at but Still poignant. Its how they mix animation with that style where it shines

As a twist of sort ,it follows the POV of the mythical princess, who remains a mute plot object in the original tale, instead of her adoptive dad. It has certain emotional beats, which may have worked on many , but didn't on me. But don't take my word, I'm a dead emotionless husk at this point.

Final word, If you in mood for an animated movie with a mostly positive and feel good visual/musical atmosphere, check this one out.
Gay

highinhibition

highinhibition

Banned
-
36d 23h 38m
Mentally lost cel said:
I think watching bluepilled stuff is alright as long as it is 2D
good way to escape

Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Overlord