Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Movie review: "Gods and Generals"

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I just watched it despite the bad reviews because I don't know much about the Civil War and I read this movie was super historically accurate, I have a book about the Civil War which I plan on reading this summer but it's about Gettysburg only except for a small prologue to give some context. So the movie is the longest film I've seen in my entire life with an impressive length of 279 minutes, which is 4 hours and 39 minutes :worryfeels::worryfeels::worryfeels:

Of course I didn't watch it in a single sitting, I watched like 1 hour and half, ate lunch, watched a bit more then stopped to do another thing, watch it again, stop to go buying groceries and I watched the last hour and half after eating dinner. It's divided in 5 parts so if I had known that I would have watched each part in a single sitting and then have like a 15 minute break or something kek.

The reasons why many people disliked this film it's because tbh it's very slow, it has a lot of filler dialogue and scenes, yes there are many battle scenes too but I would say the movie is more a historical movie than a war movie. Sometimes it gets boring, that's why I wouldn't recommend watching it in a single sitting because you may fall asleep. They also disliked that it's from the Confederate point of view and because it "glorifies" Stonewall Jackson but since I'm not a blackcel or Americancel I don't care much about this kek.

Overall I thought the movie was pretty decent and respectful with both sides of the war. But in my opinion the movie was good, like I said before the battle scenes were cool and not all the dialogue is boring, also I liked very much the costumes and scenery, they spent a lot of money in that because it's very well done. The actors also did a good job. I give it a 7/10. If you're a historycel you'll probably like it too.

brutal @Diocel quote only reply