Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

More people claim to be introverted these days, but they're wrong

caniwin

caniwin

Veteran
I’ve noticed that many more people are claiming to be introverted nowadays. In fact, both my mother and sisters have described themselves as introverts (despite having many friends and frequently interacting with them), and I’ve heard of cases where people are asked to raise their hands in class if they’re introverts, and most people do. However, in my opinion, the rates of introversion and extroversion have not actually changed. Instead, what has changed is the format through which socialization occurs. In the past, when you wanted to interact with people, you had to meet in person and talk to them directly. However, with the advent of the internet and social media, this can all be done online. In fact, one could theoretically remain alone, indoors, their whole life, and still socialize with others on a daily basis.

As a result, many extroverts have simply replaced face-to-face interaction with face-to-screen interaction. My sisters carry their phones around wherever they go and check their Snapchat every five minutes, no matter what they were doing prior. They do video calls with their friends multiple times a week. My mother has admitted that she spends hours distractedly browsing social media during the day. They think that they are introverts simply because they aren’t sitting right next to people when they talk with them, or are using their keyboard instead of their mouths to transmit words. However, in my opinion, the true test for introversion is the following: take away all forms of social media for a month, while not interacting with anyone in real life. I would also disallow Reddit, parts of YouTube, reality TV, and anything that concerns people’s real lives. Would you be happy for the entire duration of that month in that solitude? If so, then you are indeed an introvert. While I can confidently say I would succeed (and I'm sure many users on here would as well), I guarantee that my mother, sisters, and many acquaintances who self-describe as "introverted" would miserably fail.

I do not think it's good or bad to be introverted or extroverted; there are pros and cons to both. That being said, I believe there is a severely inflated level of self-diagnosis of introversion in present times, and I think what I described above is a significant contributing factor.

Le quirky introvert tee hee

Ted Kaczynski - Wikipedia

Real introverts tremble at the thought of having to step out into public and immediately seek out solitude as soon as they are exposed to any social situation. I like my room and empty natural spaces, the only place that remotely interests me with people in it is the mall because there most are minding their own business anyways.

People like to be seen as not superficial and somewhat "mysterious".

Notmies only claim being introverted now because of that study that came out with high iQ being correlated to introverted ness.

Just be sure to pay the (((middle-man))) or you'll have to go outside to society!

Claiming to be introverted and not wanting companionship is just a way to cope with loneliness. “I’m lonely, but it’s ok since I’m an introvert”. Almost all people want to have friends and engage in social events, no matter what they say. We are biologically wired like this. We aren’t meant to stay in a room in front of a computer isolated for hours upon hours.

Last edited:
Being introvert is just prefering places with few to no one people, hanging out with few friends and needing to be alone sometimes. It doesn't mean you are shy or that you wouldn't like to have a GF or friends, it just means you don't feel the need of hanging out all the time or going to crowded places to meet new people, it just means you are comfortable with the ones you already have.

People also seem to mistaken introvert with schizoid sometimes, so basically: Schizoid = don't want social interactions.

Introvert = want less social interactions than extroverts, and prefer to interact with fewer people than a lot.

I remember hanging out and then getting tired very quickly, and just wanting to go home to play games and relax. And hating to interact with a lot of people, I usually like to interact with 1-3 people maximum, more than that gets exhausting.

Many people here and normies don't seem to actually know the definition of introvert