Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

More evidence social ineptness isn't necessarily the cause of loneliness & isolation

NearlyOver

NearlyOver

Officer
★★★★★
Just one of many, many such research findings corroborating what we've been saying for years. Still, it's our inability to read social cues accurately and therefore respond appropriately, of course, that's to blame for our negative social experiences. Notice the researcher's conclusion for why we "choke" in social settings other than the laboratory (where people obviously aren't going to be dicks overtly):

"A number of experiments find, Audie, that when you bring people into a laboratory, people who are lonely are actually better at detecting social cues, reading expressions and being generally plugged into the social world than people who aren't lonely....

Why are lonely individuals able to do this in a lab but unable to do it in a kind of real-world context - in an actual interaction?...

They already have these skills. But instead of simply applying those skills, they over think what they know, and they end up not being able to perform what they know how to do."

So there you have it. If you're actually a pretty sociable, reasonably intelligent person who used to be "well adjusted" but find that you choke when you're in social situations now, the problem is that you're over-thinking. No, it's not that people consistently treat you like dog vomit and you don't want to keep experiencing this. It's that you're ... over-thinking. :)

You're welcome, guys.

A lot of normies are too retarded to detect social cues. BUT they don't give a fuck because they've lived an entire life of positive feedback loop.

Being socially inept is cute when foids do it and well-received as well when Chads do it. I'm not overly socially inept, I'm an introvert (I was actually an extrovert as a child, I became an introvert due to bullying and massive negative reinforcement) but not socially retarded.

Take mild sedatives to ease the anxiety and relax. Job done

A lot of normies are too retarded to detect social cues. BUT they don't give a fuck because they've lived an entire life of positive feedback loop.

Exactly. And let's not even talk about the elephant in the room: the often criminally abusive Chads who treat women like dirt but keep getting away with it, not because of their stellar personalities or luminous social skills, but instead because they're desirable.
I became an introvert due to bullying and massive negative reinforcement

Cope, I'm mental and subhuman, and the shit treatment I got throughout all my life because of it made my crap social skills even worse. Only hope for mentalcels is to do like Levi said, give up on our dreams and just die, we'll never find true happiness in this world

I had horrible social anxiety until the past couple years. It destroyed me.

Exactly, it's really all about the feedback you get. If its positive, you don't give a fuck about anything else.

Exactly, it's really all about the feedback you get. If its positive, you don't give a fuck about anything else.

I don't believe they don't already understand this. They're just too invested in their perception of themselves as fair and just--so the problem has to be on our end.

Pretty obvious . I’ve known this for a while, I’m more socially calibrated than the average Norman.

Introvertedness is often caused by rejection in society

Pretty obvious . I’ve known this for a while, I’m more socially calibrated than the average Norman.
I agree. It's obvious to those of us who're incel despite being emotionally in tune and reading social cues well. But, again, the official rhetoric on incels paints us all as verbally incompetent and socially inept. And this becomes what the public believes.