Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Monasteries in Europe

SoCalSuifuel

SoCalSuifuel

Death Note Makes No Sense
-
Does anyone know of any monasteries or organizations in Europe that will take a 24-year-old American who only speaks English and has no skills? If there's nothing like that anywhere in the world, I think I should just kill myself. I can't keep rotting in the same house I've been in my whole life and I'm too mentally fucked to cope and integrate into society. Today I aimlessly walked all day, 23 miles, all over the shitty area of Southern California I live in, people threw shit at me, cops hassled me, and foids turned away from me. I need an out, please, someone give me an out.

Does anyone know of any monasteries or organizations in Europe that will take a 24-year-old American who only speaks English and has no skills? If there's nothing like that anywhere in the world, I think I should just kill myself. I can't keep rotting in the same house I've been in my whole life and I'm too mentally fucked to cope and integrate into society. Today I aimlessly walked all day, 23 miles, all over the shitty area of Southern California I live in, people threw shit at me, cops hassled me, and foids turned away from me. I need an out, please, someone give me an out.

I think there might even be monasteries in the US. The thing about monasteries is that they have a very long buffert time from you wanting to join and even if they finally let you in, after many months of prayers and contemplation, you will be a novice for years before they decide that you are actually suitable for monkhood.

But you can still try.

i only go out at night. walking in socal is extreme suicidefuel because everyone has a car so walking makes you really noticeable and theres a million cars and they all look at you when they drive by.

i only go out at night. walking in socal is extreme suicidefuel because everyone has a car so walking makes you really noticeable and theres a million cars and they all look at you when they drive by.
I was sitting on a hill eating my lunch, and a foid stopped her car on the road, looked at me, laughed, then drove off. She was a blonde stacy wearing sunglasses. It was awful.

I was sitting on a hill eating my lunch, and a foid stopped her car on the road, looked at me, laughed, then drove off. She was a blonde stacy wearing sunglasses. It was awful.
damn are you actually that ugly? what would you honestly rate ypurself out of 10? sorry to hear that, maybe next life boyo

You’re living in what’s likely one of the most superficial places on Earth, OP. At the very least try with all your might to get out of Cali ASAP, if you haven’t tried already that is.

You’re living in what’s likely one of the most superficial places on Earth, OP. At the very least try with all your might to get out of Cali ASAP, if you haven’t tried already that is.
Where should I go, I only have a few thousand dollars and no skills.

Move to NYC or ethnikland.

Last edited:
I've had my fair share of those aimless, endless walks, too. :feelsbadman: They say walking helps improve your mood, but I always feel disgustingly suicidal on them. Often I just can't walk any further and sit in the middle of nowhere, breaking down in tears, until I finally will myself to take another step, I must look like a lunatic, JFL.
Where are we, man? What the fuck is going on?

I considered monasteries as well, but if you do some digging, it's not the life one is expecting. Power games, sexual molestations, batshit crazy theories and ceremonies etc..
If you have some skills or opportunities, try to moneymaxx. You can also reconsider the notion of morality. I used to be the most honest and ethical person I knew and what did it bring me? It's a world of frauds anyway, everything is a fraud. If you can achieve something by Machiavellian means, go for it. As long as it's not procreation, of course. I can probably succumb to any sort of evil doing, except that.

Monkmaxxing seems very unrealistic in 2018. As a soCalcel there are almost no options for you. That place is hell on earth for any man below a 7 or who is not rich. You're only hope is to escape from Cali.

Monasteries are religious places where people will smell your devilish misogyny.

They only want chadlights I think.

Move to NYC or ethnikland.
Why would an incel want to move to New York City?
Monkmaxxing seems very unrealistic in 2018. As a soCalcel there are almost no options for you. That place is hell on earth for any man below a 7 or who is not rich. You're only hope is to escape from Cali.
Where would I go, though? The world doesn't seem like a place where one can just start over again somewhere else anymore.

I desperately want to live in a monastery I cannot stand being a part of this evil and unfair society

I desperately want to live in a monastery I cannot stand being a part of this evil and unfair society
I know what you mean. If I were filthy rich, I would just set up a secular monastery with no weird shit in it, no schedule, no dress code etc.
The existing monasteries freak me out more than society does. And my hatred for society is high.

I know what you mean. If I were filthy rich, I would just set up a secular monastery with no weird shit in it, no schedule, no dress code etc.
The existing monasteries freak me out more than society does. And my hatred for society is high.

Hey sounds good,

Maybe we should start a kickstarter or a gofundme or something.

Just your regular old (secular) monastery. No nonsense.

Ofcourse we should also brew beer and sell it as a brand name to keep the place running while we tend to our vegetables. (I'm not sure but most monasteries are also vegetarian I believe, well ours definitely shouldn't lmao)

Hello OP ,

Most monasteries in France will accept you for a retreat mostly no question asked.
Though I have no idea if they accept people speaking only english .

Have you thought about wwoofing ?

http://wwoof.net/

Never did it myself but met some people who did and they had mostly good experiences .
Maybe herding some goats on the other side of the planet might clear your mind .
It can also teach you a lot stuff about organic agriculture which can be a sort of lifefuel .

I can only talk about Buddhist monkhood. I consider myself kind of a former Buddhist (Guelukpa) and for some time I was so sure I was going to become a monk that I went to Osel Ling (Buddhist "monastery" in Spain) to live as a isolated monk for some time. To taste that kind of life. Talking to anybody (not very usual tho), long, elaborated meditations for hours 4 times a day, praying, chanting mantras, prostrations... Vegan meals...
If I wanted, I could have become a monk, but after that experience, I actually quit the sect I was following. Living as a monk is
1. Extremely boring compared to probably any other way of life
2. Busy, you have no time for anything anymore.
3. Non-sensical (unless you really believe in some ancient mithology)

Also, I think I'm high T because I just can't stop fapping at all, it's impossible for me lol

But it had some advantages: an isolated life. A lot of order. Plenty of time to develope any spiritual or philosophical opinion, insight, theory, etc... Less sexual desire (a monks life is designed for him to never get horny lol). Silence. Calm. Idk.

If you are really interested, there's a Buddhist monastery that accepts everyone (literally) as long as the person is a heavy drug addict or (if I remember it correctly) suicidal. I can search for the name. It was in an Asian country.

Hello OP ,

Most monasteries in France will accept you for a retreat mostly no question asked.
Though I have no idea if they accept people speaking only english .

Have you thought about wwoofing ?

http://wwoof.net/

Never did it myself but met some people who did and they had mostly good experiences .
Maybe herding some goats on the other side of the planet might clear your mind .
It can also teach you a lot stuff about organic agriculture which can be a sort of lifefuel .
Woofing and Workaways was something I looked into, they reject ugly people just like normal jobs. They always wants a skype interview before you do it, then I do the skype interview, and they ghost me.
I can only talk about Buddhist monkhood. I consider myself kind of a former Buddhist (Guelukpa) and for some time I was so sure I was going to become a monk that I went to Osel Ling (Buddhist "monastery" in Spain) to live as a isolated monk for some time. To taste that kind of life. Talking to anybody (not very usual tho), long, elaborated meditations for hours 4 times a day, praying, chanting mantras, prostrations... Vegan meals...
If I wanted, I could have become a monk, but after that experience, I actually quit the sect I was following. Living as a monk is
1. Extremely boring compared to probably any other way of life
2. Busy, you have no time for anything anymore.
3. Non-sensical (unless you really believe in some ancient mithology)

Also, I think I'm high T because I just can't stop fapping at all, it's impossible for me lol

But it had some advantages: an isolated life. A lot of order. Plenty of time to develope any spiritual or philosophical opinion, insight, theory, etc... Less sexual desire (a monks life is designed for him to never get horny lol). Silence. Calm. Idk.

If you are really interested, there's a Buddhist monastery that accepts everyone (literally) as long as the person is a heavy drug addict or (if I remember it correctly) suicidal. I can search for the name. It was in an Asian country.
Can you find that monastery that accepts everyone?

If you are living in SoCal, why are you inquiring about Europe? First, you would probably need to join a Christian church in order to get into a monastery. The Christian Churches most associated with monastic life are the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches. I have, through Google, found 2 Roman Catholic Monasteries (Prince of Peace Abbey in Oceanside, California and Saint Andrew's Abbey in Valyermo, California) and a few Orthodox Monasteries (listed at https://orthodoxwiki.org/List_of_American_monasteries and just ctrl+f for California).

You would really need to think about it hard and it is not a light undertaking. You would need to be either baptised into the Catholic Church if you are not already or baptised into the Orthodox Church and receive Chrismation, becoming an ecumen in the Orthodox Church. I would pray and meditate every day to see if this is really what you want to do. I would read the Bible and some of the Church Fathers as well. For Orthodox monasteries for sure, the younger you are the more work you will be forced to do. I hope you find your way and can find happiness and peace if you decide to do a religious vocation. Just note that these may not be LDAR centers if that's what you are envisioning.

If you are living in SoCal, why are you inquiring about Europe? First, you would probably need to join a Christian church in order to get into a monastery. The Christian Churches most associated with monastic life are the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches. I have, through Google, found 2 Roman Catholic Monasteries (Prince of Peace Abbey in Oceanside, California and Saint Andrew's Abbey in Valyermo, California) and a few Orthodox Monasteries (listed at https://orthodoxwiki.org/List_of_American_monasteries and just ctrl+f for California).

You would really need to think about it hard and it is not a light undertaking. You would need to be either baptised into the Catholic Church if you are not already or baptised into the Orthodox Church and receive Chrismation, becoming an ecumen in the Orthodox Church. I would pray and meditate every day to see if this is really what you want to do. I would read the Bible and some of the Church Fathers as well. For Orthodox monasteries for sure, the younger you are the more work you will be forced to do. I hope you find your way and can find happiness and peace if you decide to do a religious vocation. Just note that these may not be LDAR centers if that's what you are envisioning.
I can't pretend to be Christian, tbh. The blackpill is my only religion, I just need to escape from where I am.

There is one OP but it will be hard to go there..Mount Athos where foids are permited to set foot at by law, but live is hard there. It's a man land there. They won't give a fuck if you are christian or not there....tbh.

There is one OP but it will be hard to go there..Mount Athos where foids are permited to set foot at by law, but live is hard there. It's a man land there. They won't give a fuck if you are christian or not there....tbh.
Is it possible to go up there if you aren't Christian? That sounds like paradise.

Is it possible to go up there if you aren't Christian? That sounds like paradise.
I told you it's hard life there, you must do chores and provide to let you stay, you must do farming or other tasks they will give you. If you are up to the challange. It's a holy place where only on a few rare ocations ever , where a foid had step foot there....It's forbiden by law
avatonul-athos-femei-(4a).jpg

I told you it's hard life there, you must do chores and provide to let you stay, you must do farming or other tasks they will give you. If you are up to the challange. It's a holy place where only on a few rare ocations ever , where a foid had step foot there....It's forbiden by law
avatonul-athos-femei-(4a).jpg
How do you arrange to go there?

How do you arrange to go there?
Sadly i don't know, i know even criminals can go there to hide because it's laws overwrite even countries laws and provide refuge. You can look it up on google , i know for sure that you can go even if you don't want to be a monk.

Sadly i don't know, i know even criminals can go there to hide because it's laws overwrite even countries laws and provide refuge. You can look it up on google , i know for sure that you can go even if you don't want to be a monk.
How, all the information I see about them says you have to be part of the Orthodox church. I don't speak Greek, so I don't see how I could do it.

How, all the information I see about them says you have to be part of the Orthodox church. I don't speak Greek, so I don't see how I could do it.
Well i am sure you can ovewrite this, do you really belive all those workers there are Christians JFL, it;s a cover mostly only a few actually there belive and pray. Wish i knew more, but at least i know it's free foid place 100%.

He just said he couldn't pretend to be a Christian. At Mount Athos, you would have to pretend to be literally one of the most hardcore Christians on the face of the earth, all the time. The notion that most are fakes that go there to avoid women and LDAR is so silly as to beggar belief.