Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Modern Western fashion for men sucks, 16th century was much better (the Landsknecht mercenaries were the ultimate fashionmaxxers)

Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

Mythic
Pretty much all the cool things men could wear in the past are considered "feminine" in the modern West (even if women never wore such things in the past), and men are supposed to wear boring suits in 2019.

For example the clothes that the based 16th century mercenary warriors Landsknechte wore would be considered "feminine" in 21st century.

maxresdefault.jpg

1280px-Landsknechte.jpg

fafd3ee11d355a6d4a038d71ce038ebb.jpg

1365220557001.jpg

In reality, those were the ultimate manly clothes, showing their bravado and different lifestyle that was available only to these hardened mercenaries, because ordinary people weren't even allowed to dress like this, even rich merchants couldn't. Only aristocrats could wear this, and also mercenaries, because their life was so short that they might as well enjoy themselves while it lasts - the emperor declared this.

These men also look terrifying in some weird way, like an army of vicious scary "clowns". They were very brutal and had a reputation for being ferocious on the battlefield.

It's definitely something I would like to wear if I was in that era.

Renaissance fashion was killer. This new corridor installation examines the life, death, and sartorial swagger of the famously dissolute and fabulously attired Landsknechte of Renaissance Europe. These German mercenary foot soldiers behaved badly and wore whatever they wanted because their life expectancy was brief at best.

Indeed, when Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I formed the first Landsknecht company in 1487, he intentionally exempted them from the harsh sumptuary laws of the time. Rather, because their lives tended to be “brutish and short,” Maximilian urged them to wear distinctively outlandish garb. Not only did slashed sleeves and bold colors unify the troops, Landsknecht attire also created an ostentatious and recognizable force fighting in the Emperor’s name.

Imagine being a fashionmaxxed landsknecht in 16th century, wearing ostentatious clothes that regular peasants weren't even allowed to wear.

Even if you were ugly as sin, you would instantly mog everyone. I have no doubt that the Landsknechte were absolute slayers and moggers of that age. They were not just warriormaxxed and thugmaxxed but also fashionmaxxed to the extent it wasn't even possible for most people.

In 2019 however, fashionmaxxing consists of buying a lame leather jacket. JFL at this clown world, let the West die off already.

Last edited:
I personally like the late 19th/early 20th century style a lot more. The monopoly man looks high T as hell.

Garish clowns. 14th century knights in full plate mog landsknechts to Oblivion.

they look like some fags about to put on a shakespeare play

Over for Landsknechtcels.

I'm personally a fan of 80s fashion. It's bright colored, but inherently masculine.
I personally like the late 19th/early 20th century style a lot more. The monopoly man looks high T as hell.
Same here.

Ponchos and tights?

i am so glad im not a ponytail buttplug wearing mercenary

Those fags no match for modern eastern european real man
Gopnikai

COPE, landsknecht were jestermaxxers

I would not like to wear this. Looks absolutely stupid and freakish

40's fashion were the best IMO, particularly German

The Landsknechts were absolutely based

I wish I had a Trossfrau, and a 12" codpiece.

Get a time machine
Go back in time to 16th century
Go ER