Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Modern Mortal Kombat vs classic '90s MK

Which era?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Which era is better?

Mortal kombat 1 how many chapters are therelarge

UMK3  Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 rev 12 Dec23 16 30 58

X was the peak because of the fatalities but all the 90's ones are better.

New = bad
old = good

X was the peak because of the fatalities but all the 90's ones are better.

I found that in that era the fatalities looked... kind of samey and excessively gory and too many x-ray effects?

These days... there's a bit more variation but still over-the-top gory and with a lack of the playfulness of classic MK or the women who were actually attractive!

Fuck newer MK's for giving into feminists and desexualizing all the women. Street fighter has a lot more fan service and it really makes the game stand out

This isn’t the only one I play (Ultimate MK3 for SNES)
68BF3EF5 6332 4EA2 9178 2D7F4690349B

This isn’t the only one I play (Ultimate MK3 for SNES)
View attachment 880333

Oh nice!

Back in the day I mainly played MK 2 on SNES and later UMK 3 for Saturn.

Also after that some of Gold on the Dreamcast but I think UMK 3 was the pinnacle!

Also lots of Street Fighter 2 and Capcom Vs SNK!

It's so odd really that all the old 2D fighters have moved away from sprites. I guess polygons allow more fluid animation and stuff but I do really miss how sprites looked.

New Mortal Kombat is more focused on making "All Fatality Compilation", and "games" trying way too hard to be movies.

It's hilarious to me that when people talk about Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6 or KOF 15, whatever, 90% of the conversation is about gameplay, "feel" of movement, the online, animations, art style, music, so on, things that actually fucking matter when it comes to a great VIDEO GAME.
With least important, but also greatly appreciated things, being discussed less. The story, the cinematics, so on. If it's great, cool! If it isn't, that's fine.

But when people talk about Mortal Kombat 11 or 1 (The new one), literally nobody mentions gameplay. Ever.
It's ALL about the most soy shit imaginable.

The movie-oscar-like acting :soy:
The face models :soy:
The fatalities and x ray moves (Aka, moves no one will do in Online matches, because it's a waste of fucking time) :soy:
The graphics (Not art style, GRAPHICS) :soy:

Anyway, old mortal kombat all the way.
When they actually cared about making GAMES.

New Mortal Kombat is more focused on making "All Fatality Compilation", and "games" trying way too hard to be movies.

It's hilarious to me that when people talk about Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6 or KOF 15, whatever, 90% of the conversation is about gameplay, "feel" of movement, the online, animations, art style, music, so on, things that actually fucking matter when it comes to a great VIDEO GAME.
With least important, but also greatly appreciated things, being discussed less. The story, the cinematics, so on. If it's great, cool! If it isn't, that's fine.

But when people talk about Mortal Kombat 11 or 1 (The new one), literally nobody mentions gameplay. Ever.
It's ALL about the most soy shit imaginable.

The movie-oscar-like acting :soy:
The face models :soy:
The fatalities and x ray moves (Aka, moves no one will do in Online matches, because it's a waste of fucking time) :soy:
The graphics (Not art style, GRAPHICS) :soy:

Anyway, old mortal kombat all the way.
When they actually cared about making GAMES.

Yeah MK has gone very strange.

I do think that 1 looks way, way better than 11. But it's still a bit strange and woke compared to the old ones IMHO.

I love King Of Fighters actually! My favourite one is 98 :)

Modern tbh the original Mortal Kombat games were quarter eaters with extremely cheap bosses and a CPU that almost made no errors

Modern tbh the original Mortal Kombat games were quarter eaters with extremely cheap bosses and a CPU that almost made no errors

Oh the bosses could be mental yeah XD

Motaro was nuts. I used to hate going up against him because it was impossible to even keep track of the fight because he was all over the place beating the hell out of you!

I do think that 1 looks way, way better than 11. But it's still a bit strange and woke compared to the old ones IMHO.
I agree, totally... Don't exactly care about the woke part, I just find the whole photo-realistic look of the game mind-numbingly boring... It doesn't help that every character just looks like some guy/girl, in really boring looking costumes. Because most Triple A game devs today are too lazy to model characters themselves. they have to pick models from real people.

Anyway...

Older MK games had distinct art styles. MK 10 in my opinion, was the last one that looked distinct...
I love King Of Fighters actually! My favourite one is 98 :)
Good one! I love that too, I want to play the UM version at some point, I only played the original NeoGeo one.

My favorite is 2000. And 97.

I agree, totally... Don't exactly care about the woke part, I just find the whole photo-realistic look of the game mind-numbingly boring... It doesn't help that every character just looks like some guy/girl, in really boring looking costumes. Because most Triple A game devs today are too lazy to model characters themselves. they have to pick models from real people.

Anyway...

Older MK games had distinct art styles. MK 10 in my opinion, was the last one that looked distinct...

I think 1 looks a lot more interesting and colourful and so on than 11. 11 looks shocking. So bland and dull.

Good one! I love that too, I want to play the UM version at some point, I only played the original NeoGeo one.

My favorite is 2000. And 97.

Hm I don't really know the difference between the versions of '98!

I just checked though and the one I have on Steam is Ultimate Match, so I guess that was the one I was playing already!

I guess it's like with UMK 3 where it added more content?

I think 1 looks a lot more interesting and colourful and so on than 11. 11 looks shocking. So bland and dull.
You are right, I just checked to make sure and MK 1 is way more colorful.
Hm I don't really know the difference between the versions of '98!

I just checked though and the one I have on Steam is Ultimate Match, so I guess that was the one I was playing already!
Oh, you played the best version then!
It adds new moves to certain characters, some balance changes, and new characters (Orochi with new moves, Goenitz, Kasumi Todoh, and normal Rugal, instead of just Omega Rugal).
Some other stuff too that I don't have in mind right now... But it's the best version of 98.
I guess it's like with UMK 3 where it added more content?
Kind of, yeah!