Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Modern games hit detection designed for a 50% win rate to keep you playing

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

[AIDS] ACCELERATIONIST INCEL DEATH SQUAD
★★★★★
Many modern games are designed around engagement optimized matchmaking, aka EOMM. That's why there are days where your shits won't hit at all or damage I'd paindully low.

From matchmaking to even hit detection, they are designed to make you win 50% or the times. Research has shown that players spent most time and money when they're at this state; those who won significantly more or always lose are likely to spend less.

Here is a patent of this. Refer to 0082.

0082] FIG. 3B illustrates a table providing an exemplary list of parameters of a gameplay session that are modified based on a player's skill level and the corresponding experience for players of different skill levels. For example, in a first-shooter gaming environment, when a first player aims his weapon at a target, a parameter defining the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target is modified based on the acquired skill level of the player. The computer assigns the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target differently based on the skill level of the first player. A player having a higher skill level will be assigned a lower tolerance parameter and therefore, will have to be more accurate in aiming in order to hit the target. A player having a lower skill level be assigned a higher tolerance parameter and, therefore, could be less accurate in aiming in order to hit the target. As shown, column 310 of Table 1 lists modifiable parameters such as `degree of accuracy required to hit a target`, column 312 lists the experience of a player having a `high` skill level, which may be `high degree of accuracy required`, column 314 lists the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level, which may be `medium degree of accuracy required`, and column 316 lists the experience of a player having a `low` skill level, which may be `low degree of accuracy required`. Similarly, the table lists other modifiable parameters, such as `likelihood of being targeted by enemy`, where the experience of a player having a `high` skill level may be `high degree of likelihood`, the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level may be `medium degree of likelihood`, and the experience of a player having a `low` skill level may be `low degree of likelihood`. Another example parameter is `difficulty of an in-game puzzle`, where the experience of a player having a `high` skill level may be `high degree of difficulty`, the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level may be `medium degree of difficulty`, and the experience of a player having a `low` skill level may be `low degree of difficulty`. Another example parameter is `bonus chance of finding powerful treasure`, where the experience of a player having a `high` skill level may be `medium degree of chance`, the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level may be `high degree of chance`, and the experience of a player having a `low` skill level may be `very high degree of chance`. Yet another example parameter is `number of challenging enemies in a single encounter`, where the experience of a player having a `high` skill level may be a high number, for example 10-20, the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level may be a medium number, for example 5-10, and the experience of a player having a `low` skill level may be a low number, for example 1-5. Still another example parameter is `gold earned multiplier`, where the earning of a player having a `high` skill level may be `high`, for example 1.5.times., the earning of a player having a `medium` skill level may be `medium`, for example 1.25.times., and the earning of a player having a `low` skill level may be `low`, for example 1x. One more example parameter is `friendly-fire damage amount to team-mates`, where the experience of a player having a `high` skill level may be `high degree of damage`, for example 100% of damage, the experience of a player having a `medium` skill level may be `medium degree of damage`, for example 50% of damage, and the experience of a player having a `low` skill level may be `low degree of damage`, for example 0% of damage.

My ein rates are even below 50% usually

Fuck that, I'm playing CS Source

I notice most games have a lot of sideways movement in the bullet spread. Making you miss artificially

modern games are the new gambling

The modern gaming industry is beyond saving. That's why only games from 2015 onwards are released

Cope. Everytime you win you go agaisnt better opponents so of course you will eventuslly lose.

I have climbed ranks im chess with no problem in the past. And currently I am climbing in league of legends, again, with no problems.

Edit: I forgot to say the most important thing. 50% win rate makes people plag more because it is fun. The game isnt rigged to make you lose or win. People simply like a balanced challenge. If the game is too easy or too hard it is not fun. Thats why ranked systems exist. If you are winning you go agaisnt better people and if you are loosing you go agaisnt worse people. It is balanced and fun. Competitive games are a nice cope

Last edited:
I’ve noticed this in Warzone Mobile.

I often miss shots when my sights were on the enemy.

It’s one of the reasons I deleted the game.

Many modern games are designed around engagement optimized matchmaking, aka EOMM. That's why there are days where your shits won't hit at all or damage I'd paindully low.

From matchmaking to even hit detection, they are designed to make you win 50% or the times. Research has shown that players spent most time and money when they're at this state; those who won significantly more or always lose are likely to spend less.

Yes, when I played the World of Tanks for a long time, I noticed this. It is advantageous for the system to equalize the players and alternate the carrot and stick.You can bend everyone else all day. Your projectiles fly right on target, and your team plays adequately, and the next day the system breaks you. And so on indefinitely, constantly alternating emotions from joy to sadness, such an emotional swing so that you can play indefinitely.

Yes, when I played the World of Tanks for a long time, I noticed this. It is advantageous for the system to equalize the players and alternate the carrot and stick.You can bend everyone else all day. Your projectiles fly right on target, and your team plays adequately, and the next day the system breaks you. And so on indefinitely, constantly alternating emotions from joy to sadness, such an emotional swing so that you can play indefinitely.
I play war thunder, not WoT but experiences are similar. The game is fun (at non bullshit levels) but 1 in 5-10 rounds would see your rounds doing no damage at all while your plane/pilot gets one shot. I'm sure you already know about the uptier thingy/matchmaker already.

With planes there's less bullshit to pull and it's more skill based, less bullshit to pull like bounce chances, penetration, damage etc; a shot to the plane even if it was rigged to the maximum, would cause some damage that would render the plane less powerful and less capable on next dogfights.

(1 in 8 rounds my plane would lag and the connection would progressively have packet losses, so the plane would crash to the ground; suspiciously consistent "bad connection" problem especially when I'm streaming the game from work office, where the connection is butter smooth).

I play war thunder, not WoT but experiences are similar. The game is fun (at non bullshit levels) but 1 in 5-10 rounds would see your rounds doing no damage at all while your plane/pilot gets one shot. I'm sure you already know about the uptier thingy/matchmaker already.

With planes there's less bullshit to pull and it's more skill based, less bullshit to pull like bounce chances, penetration, damage etc; a shot to the plane even if it was rigged to the maximum, would cause some damage that would render the plane less powerful and less capable on next dogfights.

(1 in 8 rounds my plane would lag and the connection would progressively have packet losses, so the plane would crash to the ground; suspiciously consistent "bad connection" problem especially when I'm streaming the game from work office, where the connection is butter smooth).
I haven't played War thunder, only the world of tanks, but the goal of both development companies is to maximize player retention, so it's not profitable for them to have weak players constantly lose, because then they will leave and the developers will lose the audience that donates to them and therefore lose income.

They may work on normies but when i start feeling like game has a commie 50% WR i stop having fun and start playing like idiot to abuse it or just quit instantly and don't even bother with game ever again.

but 1 in 5-10 rounds would see your rounds doing no damage at all while your plane/pilot gets one shot. I'm sure you already know about the uptier thingy/matchmaker already.
That's just dogshit netcode and engine that's held by the duct tapes. Enlisted is the same shells disappearing and soldiers dancing to the LMG bullets with no dmg against them. And HE explosives behave even more weird.

League of legends uses a model to make you win 2 out of 5 games the longer you play the more you spend it’s a pretty good model

That's why I hate online games.

I mostly play single player RPGs

A foid playing Valorant will get aimbot built into her account.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back