Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Modern dating

Reclusemaxxer

Reclusemaxxer

-
This isn't an original or particularly brave stance to have, I would even say the sentiment for both men and women is growing, except nothing happens to change the standard.
I wish it was old school, the man approaches a woman he's interested in, and they didn't have to wonder if they're being too forward, too intrusive, too aggressive, too quiet, or--too much. I personally wish that courtship was the norm, however, I would be fine with dating since after all spending your life with someone even as exciting as that would be for someone foreveralone, is daunting up front....

EXCEPT now, even DATING is too forward. You sit and fester in this awkward in-between, where there is enough commitment to where you **maybe** aren't seeing or talking to anyone else with romantic intent, but juuuust enough ambiguity, to where either party can go "woah, I thought we were just friends" at any moment. It's a game, of chicken to be exact, who is gonna put the other on the spot first. I'd be fine with going first yet again, and admitting I see X as more then a friend, except I've already been burned before. I care about this person, I don't want to "scare them away by being too much."

I've been told women want relationships to come naturally, but I've written this before and I'll say it LOUDER for the people in the back: I. Don't. Want. To. Be. Your. Friend. Why the fuck would I want to be your friend if I want you to be family?

I almost debated writing a success story, because part of where this comes from successfully hanging out with a girl, and I think we both share similar interests, and had a spark of sorts, hell, we even walked arm-in-arm, yet I've never felt so alone. I'm genuinely terrified to say anything to make anything hold any resemblance of officiality, and I bitterly recognize even if it was, in a month I leave across the country again on a work contract, so it would become long-distance and likely fall apart. I'm not in as bad of sorts as many in this subreddit, since I'm old enough but having had and held nobody except for one person, for a couple months, in an abusive/manipulative relationship before I finally cut it off with her, thus leading her to cyberstalk me, to my name. Weighs down heavily on me. I'm so tired of being alone, and while some of it may be my fault, my genetics, or my work and habits (frequent travel), the result is just that. A deep seated loneliness that nobody understands except for on here.

I’d still be rejected

I feel like I am just not good enough for any guy. Men want beautiful women and I am not beautiful. I'm awkward and quiet. I have no chance in the dating realm as a below-average-looking woman. I can't make eye contact with people. As it triggers my anxiety and is just very uncomfortable for me. I don't wear make up. If it wasn't for my hair I would look like a man because my features are not as soft and feminine. I feel like I am just not good enough for any guy.

Anyone in the same boat? Or feel the same way?
Postmaxing I see

@PLA1092 look at my punctuation