Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious MMAcels, how does MMA work?

Hunter

Hunter

Banned
-
i did BJJ for 2-3 years and the moves are very slow and drawn out. we even had sparring sessions and none of us used them in a real fight, we only used grappling and chokeholds and the bigger fighters always won whilst the foids and weak fighters consistently lost most fights. in a real fight i would get pummeled or killed trying any of those turtle paced moves before i can even blink. does it work for you? how?

ELABORATE. do you use the techniques to fight?

Last edited:
MMAcel here (being thinking about opening a similar thread related to combatsportcels just today LOL). I noticed the more agility, reflexes and automations you get with time the the more the body size of the opponents become irrelevant (or better, the more body size it takes to the opponent to outperform you). Also, coditioning to resistance and phisical pain is a HUGE advantage against every stronger opponent who never took a punch in its life. I also practiced Karate and Aikido when i was in my teen (24 now) but i left both since i related to your feelings about many techniques being completely corehography and unfit for a real situation

I really like training and battering with time (started 5-6 years ago). I use that as coping (too bad ther are foids in the last gym i went to and they often joke about sex and shit making me feel like shit again) in order to get validation at least from it (besides playing WoW and fantasy games)

tae kwan doe is very good

i did BJJ for 2-3 years and the moves are very slow and drawn out. we even had sparring sessions and none of us used them in a real fight, we only used grappling and chokeholds and the bigger fighters always won whilst the foids and weak fighters consistently lost most fights. in a real fight i would get pummeled or killed trying any of those turtle paced moves before i can even blink. does it work for you? how?

Bjj definitely works IRL. Good for situations where you can't punch. Also allows for better positioning for biting or gouging eyes out. Roll harder and faster.

Bjj definitely works IRL. Good for situations where you can't punch. Also allows for better positioning for biting or gouging eyes out. Roll harder and faster.

whats rolling? and i cant apply any of the moves IRL.

whats rolling? and i cant apply any of the moves IRL.

Rolling is sparring in BJJ, also can you give us some context? How are BJJ moves slow? Are you in a Mcdojo?

Rolling is sparring in BJJ, also can you give us some context? How are BJJ moves slow? Are you in a Mcdojo?

the moves look really drawn out, slow and none of us use them in the sparring sessions. i tried in sparring to apply them and it just got my ass handed to me. are they supposed to be placebo or something?

the moves look really drawn out, slow and none of us use them in the sparring sessions. i tried in sparring to apply them and it just got my ass handed to me. are they supposed to be placebo or something?

May i ask which moves do you use in sparring? How frequently do you spar?

Also how good is your stance; footwork, usage of hips and endurance? How good is your flexibility?

May i ask which moves do you use in sparring? How frequently do you spar?

Also how good is your stance; footwork, usage of hips and endurance? How good is your flexibility?

i usually just go in and grapple in sparring. i dont apply any moves since i dont try to work. i try hip throw or any other moves and its too impractical.

MMAcel here (being thinking about opening a similar thread related to combatsportcels just today LOL). I noticed the more agility, reflexes and automations you get with time the the more the body size of the opponents become irrelevant (or better, the more body size it takes to the opponent to outperform you). Also, coditioning to resistance and phisical pain is a HUGE advantage against every stronger opponent who never took a punch in its life. I also practiced Karate and Aikido when i was in my teen (24 now) but i left both since i related to your feelings about many techniques being completely corehography and unfit for a real situation

I really like training and battering with time (started 5-6 years ago). I use that as coping (too bad ther are foids in the last gym i went to and they often joke about sex and shit making me feel like shit again) in order to get validation at least from it (besides playing WoW and fantasy games)
I'm not a combatsportcels but a rugbycel, but the pain conditioning is true as fuck

You don't know what rolling is, and you post that it's slow and drawn out?
You're not doing BJJ well.

MMA is just Must Thai, Wrestling, and BJJ mixed. Sightly more aggressive tempo because you are striking, then expected to perform a takedown, to a submission/control. So you have to be comfortable punching, kicking, and kneeing. You have to be comfortable going for doubles, singles and high crotches. You have to be mobile enough to finish with a choke. That or you will learn it if you do.

I'm an mmacel and you will use a lot of bjj in a fight. There are many things that don't work though. Leglocks are pointless. Any guards that the guy can punch you from are pointless.

Applicable bjj is control from the top, sweeps from the bottom, taking the back. Rear naked choke is the most common submission in MMA

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back