Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Mirror or camera???

fOreVER

fOreVER

امر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر
-
When i look at myself in the mirror i look subhuman but when i take a selfie i look like an ultrasubhuman baby faced filth

What is going on

Image result for why do i look uglier on camera

true man i look better in mirror than on camera

Same for me bro, every time i open the front camera of my phone i wanna kill myself.

The most accurate representation of how you look like to other people is a candid video. Candid video is someone filming you without your knowledge from 6ft+ away. Candid photos are ok too, but video is better.
I saw candid footage of myself from my sister's wedding and I looked bizarre next to everyone else. It really opened my eyes.

As for selfies, it depends on the phone. Despite what some faggot redditors ITT will tell you about aperture size and focal length, many newer phones have very good front cameras that don't distort your face that much. Selfies are accurate enough in how others see you. Candid photos are very accurate. Non-candid photos can be accurate only if it's another person taking a photo and you're not focusing hard on your face, angle etc.

This photo is several years old (which means older phone with a shittier camera) and it's from a front facing phone camera. He's even looking down which usually makes almost everyone look less attractive.
Muh focal length is cope. Chad always looks good no matter the angle.

Attachments

• 1507652879026.jpg
    1507652879026.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
The most accurate representation of how you look like to other people is a candid video. Candid video is someone filming you without your knowledge from 6ft+ away. Candid photos are ok too, but video is better.
I saw candid footage of myself from my sister's wedding and I looked bizarre next to everyone else. It really opened my eyes.

As for selfies, it depends on the phone. Despite what some faggot redditors ITT will tell you about aperture size and focal length, many newer phones have very good front cameras that don't distort your face that much.

This photo is several years old and it's from a front facing phone camera. He's even looking down which usually makes almost everyone look less attractive.
Muh focal length is cope. Chad always looks good no matter the angle.
Yeah when i take a pic down i look way worse

I think mirrior selfies are better from a far distance. I will try to record myself from a distance

Yeah when i take a pic down i look way worse

I think mirrior selfies are better from a far distance. I will try to record myself from a distance
Place the phone/camera at least 2m or 6ft away at eye level. Look straight at the camera without making a weird face or trying hard to look good. Move your head left, right, up and down to capture all the angles. This is how you look like to everyone.

Don't do this if you're suicidal.
None of this matters if the camera is at least 6ft or 2m away. This is cope for subhumans, but it's simply irrelevant. Besides, virtually all modern smartphones have at least 16mm focal length which is more than enough for 2m or 6ft distance.
Place the camera 6+ ft away in video mode. This is 99.999% accurate and it's how others see you.

Last edited:
You are as beautiful as your worse picture

Chad always looks good no matter the angle.
Yep, I coped for years that angles were the cause but it's just my subhuman genes

ultrasubhuman baby faced filth
This is my problem too. I look like a fat 13 year old kid in selfies. Who am I kidding, I look like that in video footage too.
In a mirror I look almost ok and I often delude myself into thinking I'm average looking.

Place the phone/camera at least 2m or 6ft away at eye level. Look straight at the camera without making a weird face or trying hard to look good. Move your head left, right, up and down to capture all the angles. This is how you look like to everyone.

Don't do this if you're suicidal.

None of this matters if the camera is at least 6ft or 2m away. This is cope for subhumans, but it's simply irrelevant. Besides, virtually all modern smartphones have at least 16mm focal length which is more than enough for 2m or 6ft distance.
Place the camera 6+ ft away in video mode. This is 99.999% accurate and it's how others see you.
I hope i look decent. Can i dm you a mirror selfie

I hope i look decent. Can i dm you a mirror selfie
I'm actually interested in how you look like because you mentioned you have a babyface. I have a feeling we look very similar.

I assume i would look worse on camera as well, but idk as i never take any pictures of myself.

The camera never lies.

When you look at yourself in the mirror, facial muscles are activated to offset asymmetries of cartilage and bone.

The camera never lies.

When you look at yourself in the mirror, facial muscles are activated to offset asymmetries of cartilage and bone.
Shouldnt the same concept be applied to selfies

I wish I could take a photo where I look exactly like I look on my toilet mirror, instead on my phones camera I gain 10 kilos for some fucking reason...

Shouldnt the same concept be applied to selfies
What you observe in the mirror is probably a highly subjective version of reality. Your ego will try to tell you that you are better looking than what is objectively the case.

Good true mirror > any photo ever taken, it rivals videos taken with good cameras, so that's the closest to reality you'll ever get. Filming yourself from distance is usually best, since not many people have true mirrors at home.
I look even worse when i'm starting to pose, knowing i'm filmed, ngl

I wish I could take a photo where I look exactly like I look on my toilet mirror, instead on my phones camera I gain 10 kilos for some fucking reason...
In video I look like a complete slob even though I'm not even overweight.