Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Minimum wage jobs are a trap after mid 20s

How will you wageslave through life?

• Yes (I’m not getting a degree/don’t care about moving up)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No (I’m getting a degree/ skills to go above minimum wage)

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I’m a disabled NEET / NEET but can get money on the side to survive by myself

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Live with parents until they die

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Justdone

Justdone

Trust my eye contact
★★

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/recruitinghell/comments/taypy3/im_in_a_small_town_and_can_work_a_retail_job/

Click on it once to just see image

I’m seeing STEM majors working at all sorts of positions in other things but they’re overqualified for the position. They’re going to make help desk jobs look like retail jobs and it’s suifuel because it’s like doing all the heavy work without moving up in the world “just pay your dues bro”. I used to work at a store like this where it was a 1:5 ratio (1 worker gets promoted 5 get “shuffled around or quit)

Retail jobs get manipulated constantly and they can pull your life from under you and leave you with no real connections. I’ll never return to the workforce to work less than $20 dollars (15 euros) an hour ngl that’s why I do contract work until I can actually get a full time job. I see why people dropout of working so much now who would fall for this horrible job at this cucked workplace

Most stemcels are cucks who play by the rules. I have no experience but I just got an internship just by lying a fuck ton. I'm gonna do this to get a high salary once I graduate too. If you do what you're told it's already over for you

Job market is rigged, and most jobs suck ass. There's no winning, other than taking them and hope for a better future if you're not smart.

It's in IT, of course. The software field just seems to have completely collapsed under a huge oversupply of workers and an infestation of middle-man recruiters, it's one of the biggest reasons I'm trying to get out of that field into something else (yes, another STEM field, I know. I need the money).

I've held three software jobs total since graduating from college over a decade ago with a Bachelor's in Software Engineering: the first was a menial task job helping the IT department with random odds and ends where I did little to no coding, or even handling or review of any such coding whatsoever, and spent the rest of my time trying to look busy on the days when literally nobody in the IT department had anything for me to work on. I made $12 an hour. Then I got a full-time software position at another place for $15 an hour that lasted two years before I was let go because they didn't have the budget to continue paying my mediocre salary. Then I got hired back at that same place for $25 an hour, but less than 1/4 of the full-time hours per week and with no benefits, PTO, or anything, so woop-de-doo for me. And those were the only job offers I could ever manage to get. :rolleyes:

I don't know what the hell happened to the software industry, but I'd be willing to bet the problem stems from the invasion of normies into what was historically a field built for incels. :dafuckfeels::feelsUgh:

Edit: I'm 33, and I've met people a decade younger than me making more money than me fresh out of high school with no degree, or only an Associate's Degree if they do have one. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when the degree you possess is supposedly one of the "useful" and "in high demand" ones. :fuk:

Last edited:
Job market is rigged, and most jobs suck ass. There's no winning, other than taking them and hope for a better future if you're not smart.
Yup. This is pretty much what I've been reduced to.

Most stemcels are cucks who play by the rules. I have no experience but I just got an internship just by lying a fuck ton. I'm gonna do this to get a high salary once I graduate too. If you do what you're told it's already over for you
I'm currently trying to learn these essential skills, myself, because I am the "play by the rules" type who's too honest and goody-two-shoes for his own good. It's about goddamn time I realized that, though, and hopefully late is better than never, or I'm screwed.

I'm currently trying to learn these essential skills, myself, because I am the "play by the rules" type who's too honest and goody-two-shoes for his own good. It's about goddamn time I realized that, though, and hopefully late is better than never, or I'm screwed
if you are in CS, just focus on the big picture stuff. Most jobs you will get will require you to learn a new language anyway. Stuff like syntax, you can just google it

I'm currently trying to learn these essential skills, myself, because I am the "play by the rules" type who's too honest and goody-two-shoes for his own good. It's about goddamn time I realized that, though, and hopefully late is better than never, or I'm screwed.
How sad isn't it? That you want to play by the rules and be good but society dosn't let you, every sketchy guy ends up winning meanwhile you stay rotting and feeling bad.

if you are in CS, just focus on the big picture stuff. Most jobs you will get will require you to learn a new language anyway. Stuff like syntax, you can just google it
I'm moving out of CS as it's been nothing but a disaster for me. I can't even seem to get noticed at all anymore, except by recruiters, who have been absolutely zero help in landing me anything.

I'm going into electricals, hoping I fare better, and trying to get a better start, too. Biggest mistake I made as a software engineer was not getting an internship while I was still in school; I'm currently trying to set something up over the summer for my new field to avoid making the same mistake again.

How sad isn't it? That you want to play by the rules and be good but society dosn't let you, every sketchy guy ends up winning meanwhile you stay rotting and feeling bad.
Yeah, it's fuckin' bullshit! I hate it! But at this point, I've had enough of losing just because I seem to be one of the very few actually moral people on this miserable rock, so I'm trying to teach myself how to play by their rules. It goes against everything I stand for and believe in, but I can't keep losing, and I don't want to live the rest of my life in my father's house, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

I just had a phone interview earlier today, as a matter of fact; I lied for my first time ever in an interview. Fuck it, they deserve it. Otherwise, I'll never land a job, because they'll hand it off to some less qualified, better looking, more sociable Chad instead.

I just had a phone interview earlier today, as a matter of fact; I lied for my first time ever in an interview. Fuck it, they deserve it. Otherwise, I'll never land a job, because they'll hand it off to some less qualified, better looking, more sociable Chad instead.
Yeah, you can learn it in the job. The worst they can do is fire you, the job market is rigged so you have to act accordingly.

I know how it feels like to be poor. I will never ever be poor again I don’t give a damn how much effort I’ll put in. Being a poorcel is so much worse than being a richcel

As a systems engineer student this is suifuel ngl, but at least I got something positive out of the comments, to lie on the interview.

I know how it feels like to be poor. I will never ever be poor again I don’t give a damn how much effort I’ll put in. Being a poorcel is so much worse than being a richcel
Understandable but you shouldn’t settle for retail for too many reasons
As a systems engineer student this is suifuel ngl, but at least I got something positive out of the comments, to lie on the interview.
I assume you know theories and syntax to some object programming language. Knowing theories give you an advantage in anything since no one can out right say you’re wrong

I assume you know theories and syntax to some object programming language. Knowing theories give you an advantage in anything since no one can out right say you’re wrong
Isn't that like the basics of programming?

Understandable but you shouldn’t settle for retail for too many reasons

I'm working retail while in college cause I am poor and need to have money for school.

Yeah, you can learn it in the job. The worst they can do is fire you, the job market is rigged so you have to act accordingly.
Well, I can't even get that far. I can barely manage to get interviews, and even when I do, those go very poorly.

When I turn 21 I’m gonna drive the truck and save up a lot of money idk what comes after that though

where's the rope option?

g
iga based. I recommend every programmer cel to lie about shit they can reasonably learn within a few days.

I'm on disability at 23 y.o. and I do kind of feel like a mental retard so I think my only way to make somewhat decent money is to pick up a trade. Might even be too dumb and lazy or high inhib for that. For now I'll keep leeching off these sex havers free tax money. Fuck em. :smonk:

I can wage slave in a middle class job but I don’t think it’s worth my effort and time so I’m gonna rot then rope :smonk:

I hope more people drop out of the workforce. I am tired of this shit:reeeeee:

Last edited: