Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Minecraft then (2012) versus now (2020)

Y

your personality

Self-banned
-
Haven't played Minecraft for a few years now. Does anybody here still regularly play Minecraft? What have been the biggest improvements in your opinion? What features are there that are no longer there that you miss?
Are some mods no longer working for you because they stopped making new versions of them?

shit ton of stuff has been added

Stopped playing after it was acquired by microsoft, dislike the direction they took the game (a lot of useless cosmetic items). The recipe it used to be has faded into something more geared to little kids, it's taken up a more colorful, fun, and playful tone that I dislike.

And the servers I used to enjoy aren't what they used to be, not to mention all the friends I had made on them have since grown up.

Mods are fun though, I recommend enigmatic expert 2 or FTB Revelations.

Stopped playing after it was acquired by microsoft, dislike the direction they took the game (a lot of useless cosmetic items). The recipe it used to be has faded into something more geared to little kids, it's taken up a more colorful, fun, and playful tone that I dislike.

And the servers I used to enjoy aren't what they used to be, not to mention all the friends I had made on them have since grown up.

Kind of vaguely remember minecraft was acquired by microsoft.

Never played on servers with others, it was either solo in survival mode or creative mode.

It was a good way to spend time with digging tunnels, setting up settlements in caverns. The hidden ground lava and water lakes were also nice to discover.
The tnt block in minecraft would cause the game to buffer if too much was added. It was interesting to see the pattern of blocks that were eliminated from the tnt explosions. It was really random and if it was adjacent to a lake it could form a new waterfall.

The mods were the best part imo.
There were things like tropicraft, weather storms & tornadoes, beer mod, psychadelic mods.
Installing the mods was pretty difficult though, especially tropicraft for some reason.

Loved the update when they added cocoa plants.
Minecraft 1.3 was probably the version I enjoyed playing the most.

Kind of vaguely remember minecraft was acquired by microsoft.

Never played on servers with others, it was either solo in survival mode or creative mode.

It was a good way to spend time with digging tunnels, setting up settlements in caverns. The hidden ground lava and water lakes were also nice to discover.
The tnt block in minecraft would cause the game to buffer if too much was added. It was interesting to see the pattern of blocks that were eliminated from the tnt explosions. It was really random and if it was adjacent to a lake it could form a new waterfall.

The mods were the best part imo.
There were things like tropicraft, weather storms & tornadoes, beer mod, psychadelic mods.
Installing the mods was pretty difficult though, especially tropicraft for some reason.

Loved the update when they added cocoa plants.
Minecraft 1.3 was probably the version I enjoyed playing the most.

I remember most of those mods. Indeed I had some good times on MC but eventually it faded and I stopped playing. I used to hate the music but now I listen to it and it's just pure ropefuel

I remember most of those mods. Indeed I had some good times on MC but eventually it faded and I stopped playing.

Yeah I think that happened to a lot of people.

I used to hate the music but now I listen to it and it's just pure ropefuel

Yeah it brings back too many memories. The thing is in 2012 I was nostalgic for the year 2007 and in 2007 nostalgic for the year 2000. It only keeps getting worse as time goes by. One day this may seem like the good old days. 2019 definitely does in retrospect compared to now.

The music evokes a theme of pontificating things beyond this world. A good form of escapism. A time when there were unironic internet atheists making youtube videos, redpill philosophy was still dominated by low status males and not PUA scammers and being apolitical wasn't enough to get you accused of being a racist or accused of being edgy.
Things were still pretty bad then but things have become crazier since then.

Yeah I think that happened to a lot of people.

Yeah it brings back too many memories. The thing is in 2012 I was nostalgic for the year 2007 and in 2007 nostalgic for the year 2000. It only keeps getting worse as time goes by. One day this may seem like the good old days. 2019 definitely does in retrospect compared to now.

The music evokes a theme of pontificating things beyond this world. A good form of escapism. A time when there were unironic internet atheists making youtube videos, redpill philosophy was still dominated by low status males and not PUA scammers and being apolitical wasn't enough to get you accused of being a racist or accused of being edgy.
Things were still pretty bad then but things have become crazier since then.

Indeed, since those times I have proceeded to lose all my friends, fail out of HS and College, go into psychosis from jew pills and almost need hospitalization. Never would've thought I'd end up where I am now. On the verge of tears 24/7 and considering suicide every day. Even in those times my life wasn't that great, but at least it wasn't the way it is now, I still had prospects and dreams, I thought $100 was a lot of money, I didn't care about girls or how I will survive to the next day.

Indeed, since those times I have proceeded to lose all my friends, fail out of HS and College, go into psychosis from jew pills and almost need hospitalization. Never would've thought I'd end up where I am now.

I kind of did imagine I'd end up in the socially isolated situation I'm in now but I still had some hope I could ascend back then.

On the verge of tears 24/7 and considering suicide every day. Even in those times my life wasn't that great, but at least it wasn't the way it is now, I still had prospects and dreams, I thought $100 was a lot of money, I didn't care about girls or how I will survive to the next day.

There were so many carefree younger guys in 2012 that didn't care about girls or worry about jobs, the economy or future wars. They were busy playing minecraft and roblox. I can't help but think how many of them have now come of age and seen how bad a state the world is in compared to what they expected.

I wish I didn't care about women like I did back then, but ironically enough I think that feeling only arises when you have little to no contact with women and are not constantly being reminded of what you are missing. Undergrad college was way worse than high school in this regard and high school was still bad enough.

I like to play on my Xbox one edition every now and then pretty old update but not that old, decent version of minecraft in my opinion

I played it recently for a few weeks after not playing it for many few years. I personally didn't notice any missing features but a shit ton of stuff has been added, my favorite is probably changes to The End. They added randomly generated end cities and floating end ships which can spawn in 'the end' but they are hard to find since you have to travel across the end islands and void. You can find an elytra in one of the end ships which lets you fly and makes traveling much easier in general and the loot in the end cities is really good discounting the elytra.

I played it recently for a few weeks after not playing it for many few years. I personally didn't notice any missing features but a shit ton of stuff has been added, my favorite is probably changes to The End. They added randomly generated end cities and floating end ships which can spawn in 'the end' but they are hard to find since you have to travel across the end islands and void. You can find an elytra in one of the end ships which lets you fly and makes traveling much easier in general and the loot in the end cities is really good discounting the elytra.

I don't even know what an elytra is. I think it was a recently added new feature. I remember creating portals to places like the nether when I played minecraft more regularly.

The worst part about minecraft updates is that the unofficial mods made by fans were not always updated with each version update and eventually became obsolete. Trying to keep an older version of minecraft intact is difficult because the game also prompts you to keep installing the newest version.

As I said previously Minecraft Version 1.3 was probably my favorite.
I liked when they added the jungle and swamp biomes tbh but I haven't kept track of updates since then.

Minecraft seems to have declined in popularity with the original user base too so I haven't really felt the need to replay it again with it getting subpar reviews these days.

I didnt play back when the game first came out. I only played minecraft for the first time last year. Its pretty fun for what its worth

I didnt play back when the game first came out. I only played minecraft for the first time last year. Its pretty fun for what its worth

Yup the enjoyment can go on for weeks if you play it for a few hours each day.
Best time to play it is in the summer imo but eventually it gets too repetitive.

Imo its a game with wasted potential

Imo its a game with wasted potential

How so?

I agree they could have done a lot more to expand concepts, biomes and types of blocks in the game post 2012 but there is still a lot of potential in the mods that were made for minecraft.

How so?

I agree they could have done a lot more to expand concepts, biomes and types of blocks in the game post 2012 but there is still a lot of potential in the mods that were made for minecraft.
It lost its feel and became an rpg

It lost its feel and became an rpg

Yeah I can see that. Games like Garry's Mod are much more entertaining tbh but some of that might be because of the halo from the graphics in Garry's Mod compared to Minecraft.

Yeah I can see that. Games like Garry's Mod are much more entertaining tbh but some of that might be because of the halo from the graphics in Garry's Mod compared to Minecraft.
tbh