Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion [Millennial and Gen Z Trait] Liking rap

• Thread starter Deleted member 27204
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27204

Self-banned
-
By liking rap I don't mean all rap music but not entirely writing off rap as all bad music not worth listening to.

It seems like no matter who it is, whether they are Millenials or Gen Z, there is almost no one from that age group that finds every single rap track bad to listen to. There are people that don't like to primarily listen to rap but you never really come across anyone that says they never found any rap music good and hated it all entirely as a genre.

But if you go back to Gen X and Boomers there are plenty of guys in those generations that hate all rap music and don't even pretend to like the sound of it to fit in. Even the "good" kind of old school 90s hiphop that a lot of younger people that otherwise don't like rap say that they like to listen to. This is true even if the general message of rap music about women resonates among many Gen X and Boomer guys. That appeal still isn't enough for them to ever consider rap music.
Maybe it is because Millenials and Gen Z grew up with rap music as just another default type of music while Boomers and Gen X guys weren't exposed to rap music from a young age but many always hated it and the culture associated with it from the start and even more when it started becoming mainstream and broadcasted everywhere.

@BummerDrummer is gen z and finds all rap bad.

@BummerDrummer is gen z and finds all rap bad.
He still uses a lot of the dialect from rap like "bruh", the n word and so on.
I really don't believe that he'd find all rap bad. Especially if it's those racist moon man raps.
But more generally I'm referring to Millenial and Gen Z normies. Haven't seen a single one of them that doesn't like any rap song, even the oldschool 90s rap that is universally looked at as good music today by default.

I hated rap from the start. Just sounds like a drunk nigger slurring his words

I hated rap from the start. Just sounds like a drunk nigger slurring his words
Every single rap album though?
Even g funk? Even oldschool gangsta rap? Parody rap music?

Every single rap album though?
Even g funk? Even oldschool gangsta rap? Parody rap music?
All I ever heard was the shit normal fags listened to so I stayed away from the rap genre

All I ever heard was the shit normal fags listened to so I stayed away from the rap genre
That's understandable and infact very common.
But usually people that don't like mainstream rap still like underground and oldschool rap music. I haven't come across a single person in the Millenial or Gen Z cohort that doesn't even like underground or oldschool rap music. It's like a default normie trait among younger generations to like some form of rap music.

That's understandable and infact very common.
But usually people that don't like mainstream rap still like underground and oldschool rap music. I haven't come across a single person in the Millenial or Gen Z cohort that doesn't even like underground or oldschool rap music. It's like a default normie trait among younger generations to like some form of rap music.
I'll probably avoid the stuff overall so they don't start suggesting me the shittier rap and have me listen to it. I'll stick to the few uncommon genres I like

I'll probably avoid the stuff overall so they don't start suggesting me the shittier rap and have me listen to it. I'll stick to the few uncommon genres I like
So many uncommon genres are crossing over with rap these days though tbh

RIP. Good thing I never listen to music out loud
It's already over uncommon genre music tbh
They have really good beats and instrumentals that many rappers seized on.

> oldschool 90s rap that is universally looked at as good music today by default.

no offence but 90s rap music is seen by most teens as boomer music.they might at best like one or two sons but that's it.back when i went to school it was that way,and i don't see any change.

He still uses a lot of the dialect from rap like "bruh", the n word and so on.
I really don't believe that he'd find all rap bad. Especially if it's those racist moon man raps.
But more generally I'm referring to Millenial and Gen Z normies. Haven't seen a single one of them that doesn't like any rap song, even the oldschool 90s rap that is universally looked at as good music today by default.
No. I don’t like moonman rap either. Bruh and nigga is almost entirely used by me to make fun of niggas or when I’m high off my gourd.

View: https://youtu.be/aojLR_sszWk

View: https://youtu.be/4XT4Ja33vq4

View: https://youtu.be/4gP2yABk1Jo

I don't really like rap tbh. I don't hate it, but it's pretty boring

By liking rap I don't mean all rap music but not entirely writing off rap as all bad music not worth listening to.

It seems like no matter who it is, whether they are Millenials or Gen Z, there is almost no one from that age group that finds every single rap track bad to listen to. There are people that don't like to primarily listen to rap but you never really come across anyone that says they never found any rap music good and hated it all entirely as a genre.

But if you go back to Gen X and Boomers there are plenty of guys in those generations that hate all rap music and don't even pretend to like the sound of it to fit in. Even the "good" kind of old school 90s hiphop that a lot of younger people that otherwise don't like rap say that they like to listen to. This is true even if the general message of rap music about women resonates among many Gen X and Boomer guys. That appeal still isn't enough for them to ever consider rap music.
Maybe it is because Millenials and Gen Z grew up with rap music as just another default type of music while Boomers and Gen X guys weren't exposed to rap music from a young age but many always hated it and the culture associated with it from the start and even more when it started becoming mainstream and broadcasted everywhere.
It's been glorified for decades. Even in the 90s, the emergence of (c)rap and hip plop was pretty forced and constant on music channels. Now, it's like the only genre that gets pushed.

i only listen to rappers like necro, immortal technique, k-rino, diablo and some other talented rappers.

I like alot of rap, i do agree some of it is bad though.

Some rap music out there is good. I mainly listen to the old shit though

There are people that don't like to primarily listen to rap but you never really come across anyone that says they never found any rap music good and hated it all entirely as a genre.
I'm a borderline millennial/zoomer and I think all rap is garbage.

Except for one rap "song." The only one I like is Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day, only because it holds nostalgic value to me.

im technically a 'zoomer' and i absolutely hate nigger rap and i am disgusted whenever i hear it. i listen mostly to stuff like in my signature nowadays

I am genz and I find rap shit and most of the music released in these years aswell - everything sound so similar

New generations are born in the degeneracy

Its catchy that is about it. Otherwise its a nigger yelling into a microphone glorifying violence and drugs no matter the artist. Sadly, I was getting into rap for a bit but with this whole BLM and niggers playing the oppression card they can stick their culture up their ass.

Its catchy that is about it. Otherwise its a nigger yelling into a microphone glorifying violence and drugs no matter the artist. Sadly, I was getting into rap for a bit but with this whole BLM and niggers playing the oppression card they can stick their culture up their ass.
With endorsing rap comes the implicit endorsement of hood culture. Really no way around it tbh
And there's a fine line between glorifying violence toward weak males and dysfunctional behavior to impress women versus telling a story about it or "keeping it real".
Rappers often do the former even though they claim the latter but not surprising since most rappers are normies and engage in a lot of doublethink @BlkPillPres

Last edited:
With endorsing rap comes the implicit endorsement of hood culture. Really no way around it tbh
And there's a fine line between glorifying violence toward weak males and dysfunctional behavior to impress women versus telling a story about it or "keeping it real".
Rappers often do the former even though they claim the latter but not surprising since most rappers are normies and engage in a lot of doublethink @BlkPillPres

TBH I don't really care about this issue right now lol

gen z listen more to trap though
I don't think they care about the lyrics but beat

View: https://youtu.be/31j4DIpgY9U

View: https://youtu.be/RXGjS0cfaHc

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Even if they don't necessarily like the lyrics they like the beat. Whereas there's guys in older generations that can flat out just dismiss all rap music and say it's all cRAP.
I still consider trap pretty close to rap though and the lyrics have the same context and feel as a lot of rap ngl

NBA youngboy anyone?

I listen to all music.