Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Midface Pill - Importance of Facial Width-to-Height Ratio (fWHR)

only the ugly can be incel
★★★
This thread is prolly made before but I've checked the blackpill section and there isnt a thread of this. So here it goes. I tried to simply and make it shorter as much as I could because I know you guys wont read anything long. But I suggest you read the study, there were so many interesting parts that I had to take out to not make it long.

Facial width-to-height ratio differs by social rank across organizations, countries, and value systems

Facial Width-to-Height Ratio (fWHR) has been linked with dominant and aggressive behavior in human males.

. The data speak against the simplistic view that wider-faced men achieve higher social status through antisocial tendencies and overt aggression, or the mere signaling of such dispositions. Instead they suggest that high fWHR is linked with high social rank in a more subtle fashion in both competitive as well as prosocially oriented settings

For example, men with high fWHR were described to be more aggressive, more fearlessdominant [5], higher in psychopathy [6], and less likely to die from direct physical violence than narrower-faced males. Wider faced men are more willing to cheat in order to increase their financial gains, more readily exploit the trust of others, and more often explicitly deceive their counterparts in a negotiation

In view of the suggested social traits, individuals with relatively larger fWHR should be at a higher risk for social rejection, discrimination, and even ostracism, as holds generally for antisocial and uncooperative individuals . Surprisingly, however, research shows fWHR to be linked positively with success and goal attainment in various competitive social contexts. For instance, fWHR has been demonstrated to positively correlate with the financial success of corporate leaders. Furthermore, recent studies have shown wider-faced men to be preferred short-term mating partners of female volunteers [18], and to more successfully reproduce in general [19].

1-
We found fWHR in the photographs of both the DOW Jones (mean difference .069, CI [.014 .125], p = .014, Hedges g = .51) and the DAX CEOs (mean difference .041, CI [-.007 .092], p = .094, g = .30) to be higher than that of the large control group......

.......Also, the complementary multivariate matching procedure produced comparable results: The differences in fWHR all remained significant after sample matching and bias correcting in the ANCOVA framework (Dow Jones CEOs vs. controls: F(1,43) = 5.24, p = .027, partial η2 = .11; DAX CEOs vs. controls: F(1,57) = 4.72, p = .034; partial η2 = .08).

To address our second question of whether the link between fWHR on the published photographs and social rank may be bound to competitive and individualistic (as opposed to prosocial and cooperative) social value systems, we assessed the association of fWHR in the photographs of the leaders on the one hand and measures of their prosocial engagement and popularity on the other. We found that fWHR of the Dow Jones CEOs’ portraits correlated significantly with both, the overall satisfaction score of their employees (r = .53, N = 21, p = .015, Fig 2a), and the percentage of employees approving of their CEO

Facial width to height ratio differs by social rank across organizations countries and value

2-
. To determine whether the relationship between fWHR and social rank also holds for non-profit seeking organizations whose explicit purpose, from the outset, is to serve prosocial, humanitarian values, we investigated published portraits of leaders of two further groups, first, CEOs of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and second, the popes of the Roman Catholic Church.

Compared to the large control sample, we found higher fWHR in published portraits of both, the NGO CEOs (mean difference .065, CI [.012 .118], p = .006, g = .48), and the popes (mean difference .104, CI [.002 .219], p = .023, g = .77; Fig 1) . Compared to the “CEO- matched control group” generated on the basis of conventional procedures, NGO CEOs still showed significantly higher fWHR (mean difference .068, CI [.013 .122], p = .018).

Overall, across all leaders, fWHR is larger in the CEO-group as a whole (Dow Jones, DAX, popes, and NGOs combined, N = 102) compared to the large control group (N = 435; t(492) = 4.10, p < .001, g = .46).

Facial width to height ratio differs by social rank across organizations countries and value

Discussion

We showed higher fWHR in published portrait photographs of successful leaders of different types of organizations across different countries and social value systems. For the Dow Jones Index CEOs, we furthermore showed that these men’s pictured fWHR correlates significantly with their companies’ donations to charitable causes, and marginally significantly with their environmental engagement. It furthermore correlates significantly with overall satisfaction and likability ratings of their employees. This evidence powerfully illustrates the predictive value (statistically, not causally) of fWHR obtained from published portraits for successful leadership, but at the same time warrants against the potentially discriminating notion that wider faces uniformly represent antisocial, aggressive, and deceptive traits. Quite to the contrary, our results suggest that at least in the public eye, in view of their large-scale societal impact, wider faced leaders impress as likable and socially responsible individuals.

Taken at face value, our results suggest that leaders of both profit- and non-profit seeking organizations may indeed have wider faces than individuals at lower social ranks, extending earlier results on company’s CEOs

Under this interpretation, linking fWHR to testosterone exposure during puberty may help to explain the underlying mechanisms.

In fact, some recent studies particularly on facial appearance of CEOs speak in favor of this account. One study, quite comparable to ours in design, showed that the higher-than normal fWHRs of CEOs of UK Financial Times Stock Exchange Index (FTSE) companies correlate with observer’s ratings of dominance and successfulness, suggesting that people expect CEOs with high fWHR to perform well.

Taken together, there is ample evidence suggesting that wider-faced men are indeed perceived differently. The perceptions they trigger, and the reactions they receive, may in turn shape their counter-reactions and expectations. These are the kinds of recursive processes that typically arise from stereotyping.

We believe that fWHR is indeed associated with leadership-related motivational traits such as social dominance and strive for social impact.

Overall, we have shown wider-than-normal faces in portraits of the world’s top leaders from different countries including Germany and the US, some operating in profitseeking and competitively oriented contexts, others portraying themselves and their organizations as prosocial and charitable. We find this link between facial morphology and social image at the macro-level impressively illustrative of the ecological relevance of human fWHR.

Presidents list

Be69e1e9a365f7b59395b02ed8851249

Lincoln

34oeww4

Sources:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8986/4ab104a36c75ee30d825900d6a31a582c693.pdf
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912000049

shout out to my boys
@Bronzehawkattack
@FACEandLMS
@chudur-budur
@Master
@KyloRen
@Limerencel
@aut
@Facade
@Maeror

and to midfacecels
@allbluee
@Ryo_Hazuki
@Weed

For example, men with high fWHR were described to be more aggressive, more fearlessdominant [5], higher in psychopathy [6], and less likely to die from direct physical violence than narrower-faced males. Wider faced men are more willing to cheat in order to increase their financial gains, more readily exploit the trust of others, and more often explicitly deceive their counterparts in a negotiation
Your typical Chad behaviour. FWHR is life, if yours is below 1.8 it's pure genetic death sentence

1.9 fWHR represent.

It's not like it matters, though, as long as your face isn't overly narrow.

Needs to be added to the blackpill archive pronto.
Looked at a pic and I have a fairly vertical face ;(
1.9 fWHR represent.
If it wasn't already confirmed already, then confirmed LARPer

@Allblueeeee the tour is absolutely over for you my friend.

It does, i've noticed high FWHR faces nearly always (there are exceptions) looks more aggressive and dominant even before these studies.

I think my Fwhr is okay, but I'll need to measure it.

a bunch of short squat 5'4 guys with wide faces kinda kill this theory.

better just to say "overly narrow" is bad.

I hate high FWHR but with shit frame it doesnt matter

New blackpill series? Nice

I hate high FWHR but with shit frame it doesnt matter

People underestimate the importance of frame A LOT.

Obviously face is the most important in the end,but every big boned guy I've ever met had no trouble getting laid.

Well Faceandlms did say i have a narrow face, he was right.

My ratio is 1.6

Edit, i did it again and now i got 1.45..
No idea, but i'm pretty sure it's bad

Last edited:
my fwhr is terrible

Well Faceandlms did say i have a narrow face, he was right.

My ratio is 1.6

Edit, i did it again and now i got 1.45..
No idea, but i'm pretty sure it's bad
You said you've considered beard, you must grow it then, increases your FWHR just great

You said you've considered beard, you must grow it then, increases your FWHR just great
I already have a beard :feelsrope::feelsrope: that might be why my first measurement was 1.6 (was a bearded picture) and the second (unbearded) was 1.45

I already have a beard :feelsrope::feelsrope: that might be why my first measurement was 1.6 (was a bearded picture) and the second (unbearded) was 1.45
I think you should let grow longer and puff it out on the sides, you legit can make somewhere about 1.8 with a beard, doesn't matter what's your beardless count

I think you should let grow longer and puff it out on the sides, you legit can make somewhere about 1.8 with a beard, doesn't matter what's your beardless count
I guess, i don't even think my face is the problem though, i don't see this measurement as a big deal tbh (the only outwardly really shit thing about my face is the nose, the narrow skull things shit too but not as shit)

The biggest issue is my overall body frame tbh :feelsrope:

2.31 fwhr checking in. I can confrim this obsertions form this study. aWhile i still have a babyface, People avoid me during the night when iam driving alone (with my bike ). They give me sometimes stares as they would observe me and feel very uncomfortable when theyre alone. Ist not that iam the most intimitading guy, but there was a study where humans see a very high fwhr as potential dangerous.

what program are you using to measure this?
Literally just going into paint shop with a picture of my face and making a square as they did in that picture, then using a ruler to measure the lines LOL

Wide face > Wide Shoulders.

The biggest issue is my overall body frame tbh :feelsrope:
Yeah, there are barely any users with frame smaller than yours. For all of us (besides fakecels) it's always something what prevents us from geting laid, face or frame or height.

Literally just going into paint shop with a picture of my face and making a square as they did in that picture, then using a ruler to measure the lines LOL

haha, i cam out as 1.666

it's more over than i thought lol

Buy calipers and measure it irl, since pics will distort it.

Last edited:
Either way it'll be bad tbh, @FACEandLMS said my face is pretty damn narrow too tbh.
Another insecurity to add to the huge list yo

That's pretty damn good tbh

I am sure I said that about the first, censored pic in which I couldn't see your eyes. In your uncensored, chadlite-night-out, restaurant-dining pic, your face looked better.

---------
Bookmarking this suifuel thread for later

I am sure I said that about the first, censored pic in which I couldn't see your eyes. In your uncensored, chadlite-night-out, restaurant-dining pic, your face looked better.

---------
Bookmarking this suifuel thread for later
"Chadlite night out" :feelsrope::feelsrope: even i'll admit that's a flattering picture of me, had to cherrypick to find that though, i can assure you i look alot like the first picture in which you said i'm a 4-5 :(
Also doesn't change the frame that can be mogged by a midget

Holy fuck you are so close:

4ZfnZs.png

3mWgTt.png

@Bagelcel @Vodaccenu

https://github.com/TiesdeKok/fWHR_calculator/blob/master/FWHR_calculator.ipynb
Holy motherfucking kek, curries are still subhuman with fHWR of 1.8 and 2.0

4bYcqG.png

kM_Sk.png

It's curry over.

Here is your accurate fWHR --

5CQ8fs.png

6FvyT8.png
just tried it
mine jumps to 1,94 from 1.76.

big difference, depending on how you measure it.

also another blackpill study about midface pill:

http://www.larspenke.eu/pdfs/Lefevre_Lewis_Perrett_Penke_in_press_-_fWHR_and_reactive_T.pdf

Telling facial metrics: facial width is associated with testosterone levels in men

Are u psychic? I wanted to make threads about bones and ratios tbhtbh Damn yesterday I was thinking on making a cheekbonepill but I will do it within 4 days tbhtbh
1.9 fWHR represent.

Tfw still dont know my fwhr,idk how to truly measure it just lol
Holy fuck you are so close:

4ZfnZs.png

3mWgTt.png

@Bagelcel @Vodaccenu

https://github.com/TiesdeKok/fWHR_calculator/blob/master/FWHR_calculator.ipynb
Holy motherfucking kek, curries are still subhuman with fHWR of 1.8 and 2.0

4bYcqG.png

kM_Sk.png

It's curry over.

Here is your accurate fWHR --

5CQ8fs.png

6FvyT8.png
Pls mine

Last edited:
@Allblueeeee the tour is absolutely over for you my friend.

Its scientifically proven that a midface is bad but still, one can compensate that with a long and strong chin.

Justin bieber, keanu reeves, jason momoa have long midfaces, yet they are top tier in terms of looks.

Jack-Ma.jpg

what a slayer

yup. this theory is lookism tier bad

narrow skull = bad obviously

but wide face = good? nope

every short midget is going to have an ultra wide face

and almost every nba player will have long face

you mean wide faces and wide jaws are more likely to attract foids? i am calling bullshit
tl:dr cope for people with long midface

Last edited:
yup. this theory is lookism tier bad

narrow skull = bad obviously

but wide face = good? nope

every short midget is going to have an ultra wide face

and almost every nba player will have long face
If you have wide face that wont compensate for ur other subhuman features. So yes its good, imagine how that chink would look like with narrow skull

This thread is prolly made before but I've checked the blackpill section and there isnt a thread of this. So here it goes. I tried to simply and make it shorter as much as I could because I know you guys wont read anything long. But I suggest you read the study, there were so many interesting parts that I had to take out to not make it long.

Facial width-to-height ratio differs by social rank across organizations, countries, and value systems

Facial Width-to-Height Ratio (fWHR) has been linked with dominant and aggressive behavior in human males.

. The data speak against the simplistic view that wider-faced men achieve higher social status through antisocial tendencies and overt aggression, or the mere signaling of such dispositions. Instead they suggest that high fWHR is linked with high social rank in a more subtle fashion in both competitive as well as prosocially oriented settings

In view of the suggested social traits, individuals with relatively larger fWHR should be at a higher risk for social rejection, discrimination, and even ostracism, as holds generally for antisocial and uncooperative individuals . Surprisingly, however, research shows fWHR to be linked positively with success and goal attainment in various competitive social contexts. For instance, fWHR has been demonstrated to positively correlate with the financial success of corporate leaders. Furthermore, recent studies have shown wider-faced men to be preferred short-term mating partners of female volunteers [18], and to more successfully reproduce in general [19].

1-
We found fWHR in the photographs of both the DOW Jones (mean difference .069, CI [.014 .125], p = .014, Hedges g = .51) and the DAX CEOs (mean difference .041, CI [-.007 .092], p = .094, g = .30) to be higher than that of the large control group......

.......Also, the complementary multivariate matching procedure produced comparable results: The differences in fWHR all remained significant after sample matching and bias correcting in the ANCOVA framework (Dow Jones CEOs vs. controls: F(1,43) = 5.24, p = .027, partial η2 = .11; DAX CEOs vs. controls: F(1,57) = 4.72, p = .034; partial η2 = .08).

To address our second question of whether the link between fWHR on the published photographs and social rank may be bound to competitive and individualistic (as opposed to prosocial and cooperative) social value systems, we assessed the association of fWHR in the photographs of the leaders on the one hand and measures of their prosocial engagement and popularity on the other. We found that fWHR of the Dow Jones CEOs’ portraits correlated significantly with both, the overall satisfaction score of their employees (r = .53, N = 21, p = .015, Fig 2a), and the percentage of employees approving of their CEO

View attachment 23949

2-
. To determine whether the relationship between fWHR and social rank also holds for non-profit seeking organizations whose explicit purpose, from the outset, is to serve prosocial, humanitarian values, we investigated published portraits of leaders of two further groups, first, CEOs of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and second, the popes of the Roman Catholic Church.

Compared to the large control sample, we found higher fWHR in published portraits of both, the NGO CEOs (mean difference .065, CI [.012 .118], p = .006, g = .48), and the popes (mean difference .104, CI [.002 .219], p = .023, g = .77; Fig 1) . Compared to the “CEO- matched control group” generated on the basis of conventional procedures, NGO CEOs still showed significantly higher fWHR (mean difference .068, CI [.013 .122], p = .018).

Overall, across all leaders, fWHR is larger in the CEO-group as a whole (Dow Jones, DAX, popes, and NGOs combined, N = 102) compared to the large control group (N = 435; t(492) = 4.10, p < .001, g = .46).

View attachment 23950

Discussion

We showed higher fWHR in published portrait photographs of successful leaders of different types of organizations across different countries and social value systems. For the Dow Jones Index CEOs, we furthermore showed that these men’s pictured fWHR correlates significantly with their companies’ donations to charitable causes, and marginally significantly with their environmental engagement. It furthermore correlates significantly with overall satisfaction and likability ratings of their employees. This evidence powerfully illustrates the predictive value (statistically, not causally) of fWHR obtained from published portraits for successful leadership, but at the same time warrants against the potentially discriminating notion that wider faces uniformly represent antisocial, aggressive, and deceptive traits. Quite to the contrary, our results suggest that at least in the public eye, in view of their large-scale societal impact, wider faced leaders impress as likable and socially responsible individuals.

Taken at face value, our results suggest that leaders of both profit- and non-profit seeking organizations may indeed have wider faces than individuals at lower social ranks, extending earlier results on company’s CEOs

Under this interpretation, linking fWHR to testosterone exposure during puberty may help to explain the underlying mechanisms.

In fact, some recent studies particularly on facial appearance of CEOs speak in favor of this account. One study, quite comparable to ours in design, showed that the higher-than normal fWHRs of CEOs of UK Financial Times Stock Exchange Index (FTSE) companies correlate with observer’s ratings of dominance and successfulness, suggesting that people expect CEOs with high fWHR to perform well.

Taken together, there is ample evidence suggesting that wider-faced men are indeed perceived differently. The perceptions they trigger, and the reactions they receive, may in turn shape their counter-reactions and expectations. These are the kinds of recursive processes that typically arise from stereotyping.

We believe that fWHR is indeed associated with leadership-related motivational traits such as social dominance and strive for social impact.

Overall, we have shown wider-than-normal faces in portraits of the world’s top leaders from different countries including Germany and the US, some operating in profitseeking and competitively oriented contexts, others portraying themselves and their organizations as prosocial and charitable. We find this link between facial morphology and social image at the macro-level impressively illustrative of the ecological relevance of human fWHR.

View attachment 23956

View attachment 23957

View attachment 23959
View attachment 23960

Sources:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8986/4ab104a36c75ee30d825900d6a31a582c693.pdf
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912000049

shout out to my boys
@Bronzehawkattack
@FACEandLMS
@chudur-budur
@Master
@KyloRen
@Limerencel
@aut
@Facade
@Maeror

and to midfacecels
@allbluee
@Ryo_Hazuki
@Weed

I wish i had at least a good lower third, thicker brows or shorter nose to compensate my long midface...

Midface is IMO the most important area in your face, followed by the upper third and then lower third.