Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Mid 00s Emo chicks

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
I am 27 years old now. I started secondary school in 2006/7 just at the tail end of the emo era. My school was far too working class have many emo kids but I saw a few. The Chav vs Emo wars of the 00s were in full swing in 2006/7 and my school was known as Chav central. Very high portion of kids on free school meals.

There was a much wealthier school nearby; it was more middle class and had an emo crew. I used to watch them hang outside MacDonalds. Well… I would watch the girls. Black eyeliner and pale skin like milk; skinny legs in black tights and baggy hoodies covering thin elven arms. Self harm scars. Girls with dummies in their mouths. Blasting MCR and Fallout boy. I was fascinated by them. Adored them.
Naturally my Chav heavy school despised them all; emo bashing was in fashion. By the time I had reached 15/16 in about 2010 the emo trend (and youth subcultures based around music and fashion) had pretty much died out. I mourned their loss.

Maybe it was the experience that forged my strange attraction to vulnerability.

The world before the internet completely took over modern culture was much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Being emo costs money.

Being emo costs money.
Eh… plenty of the Chav kids at my school had money for designer trainers, mobile phones, plenty of bling, fast food and drugs. We had a more generous welfare state under Labour than now; this is mostly pre Great Recession as well you have to remember.

I don’t know if you’re British or not but class here in Bongland is a lot more about culture than just money. Historically classes were more segregated. Different attitude. Different mentality.

Eh… plenty of the Chav kids at my school had money for designer trainers, mobile phones, plenty of bling, fast food and drugs. We had a more generous welfare state under Labour than now; this is mostly pre Great Recession as well you have to remember.

I don’t know if you’re British or not but class here in Bongland is a lot more about culture than just money. Historically classes were more segregated. Different attitude. Different mentality.

So how come only the richer kids were emo?

I am 27 years old now. I started secondary school in 2006/7 just at the tail end of the emo era. My school was far too working class have many emo kids but I saw a few. The Chav vs Emo wars of the 00s were in full swing in 2006/7 and my school was known as Chav central. Very high portion of kids on free school meals.

There was a much wealthier school nearby; it was more middle class and had an emo crew. I used to watch them hang outside MacDonalds. Well… I would watch the girls. Black eyeliner and pale skin like milk; skinny legs in black tights and baggy hoodies covering thin elven arms. Self harm scars. Girls with dummies in their mouths. Blasting MCR and Fallout boy. I was fascinated by them. Adored them.
Naturally my Chav heavy school despised them all; emo bashing was in fashion. By the time I had reached 15/16 in about 2010 the emo trend (and youth subcultures based around music and fashion) had pretty much died out. I mourned their loss.

Maybe it was the experience that forged my strange attraction to vulnerability.

The world before the internet completely took over modern culture was much better in my opinion.

View: https://youtu.be/LucQede966E&t=4s

This is exactly why I was relieved that schools in my country had uniforms and strict codes. None of this dress up bullshit

So how come only the richer kids were emo?
Different culture. Chavs were into American rap, cheap sports wear, Burberry, football, stabbing, happy slapping, teen pregnancies etc… They came from a culture that looked down on vulnerability, weakness and anything vaguely intellectual.
Emos were more middle class, typically, because they came from a culture that didn’t look down on such things quite as much.
It’s a bit of a cliche to say that whereas Americans have race Britain has class as its primary social division; however there is some truth.
The white British underclass are actually pretty culturally similar to a lot of black American ghetto culture in their mentality and culture.
This is exactly why I was relieved that schools in my country had uniforms and strict codes. None of this dress up bullshit
We had uniforms in Bongland as well. Kids would make holes in the sleeves of their school jumpers and put their thumb through it so it looked like fingerless gloves. I loved girls with that.

Sitting in the kids play park at midnight with Emo girls drinking cider and smoking in the freezing cold. Shaking in fingerless gloves, Emo girls needing to move to you for warmth. The nervous fumbling of adolescent lust.

Something I missed out on.

Last edited:
I also really liked girls in that outfit, sadly they're also chad only. the ones i knew got their chad equivalents, its really depressing to be honest. with money at least you can cope that by working hard you can get it, in this situation you can do nothing but mourn..... :feelsrope: