Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Micro-workouts > Gymcelling

CrackingYs

CrackingYs

Heil I.N.C.E.L.
★★★★★
If you hate going to the gym this might be an option for you. I don't hear anyone ever talking about this and it probably isn't common knowledge that this kind of routine actually works.

View: https://youtu.be/0i9XR756Zfg

I didn't learn about it from this guy, I sorta started doing this style of workout on my own before I knew there was a name for it.

Basically it's the complete opposite of every other kind of gym exercise routine. Instead of going to the gym and wasting 2 hours of your day, 3 days a week, you instead do short exercises 5 to 10 times per day, every day.

I'm on week 7 now and can confirm this works, and its easy to fit into a NEET lifestyle and ultimately get you out of a LDAR/sedentary rut. It's hard to stick to any routine, but microworkouts have some distinct advantages:

1) No cost (almost), I started with just doing body squats and pushups only, I eventually added some dumbells as I got into better shape. I don't have to leave the house - I work from home so I can do a 5 minute workout every hour, and nobody would ever know.

2) You can do microworkouts throughout the day. You can't go to the gym all day. And you can't lift weights constantly without getting too winded. Microworkouts are the antidote. If you do a 5 minute workout, every hour for 5 to 10 hours throughout the day, you can accomplish WAY more actual lifting than you can at the gym. The total amount you end up doing over the course of a week is substantially higher than going to the gym because you can spread it out.

3) Low/medium weight, high reps, high sets is easier for beginners or if you're out of shape. At a gym you're compelled to lift as heavy as you can, with low reps, low sets, and it just wipes you out and you get too sore to do that exercise the next day or 2. You have to rest for long periods between sets, and that rest time adds up making your gym workouts longer and longer. Unless you're already in really good shape that kind bodybuilder style of workout isn't best. Microworkouts allow you to ease in and scale up gradually over weeks/months.

4) Flexible. You can change your workouts however you want. Add dumbells or other gear to work your arms more or differently. Add cardio/jogging whenever you want. Replace some of your microworkouts with something else like long run or hike.

I started off doing:
  • 10 sets of: 10 pushups, 20 body squats
I did that for about 2-3 weeks before I started to increase the number of reps. You can make pushups and squats a lot harder depending on how your form is and how fast you do them.

From there I got some dumbells, and added bicep curls, shoulder raises, tricep lifts, shoulder press. Of course I had to reduce the number of sets I do as I added more exercises, and more reps, and then I try to get back up to the same number I was doing before.

If you hate going to the gym this might be an option for you. I don't hear anyone ever talking about this and it probably isn't common knowledge that this kind of routine actually works.

View: https://youtu.be/0i9XR756Zfg

I didn't learn about it from this guy, I sorta started doing this style of workout on my own before I knew there was a name for it.

Basically it's the complete opposite of every other kind of gym exercise routine. Instead of going to the gym and wasting 2 hours of your day, 3 days a week, you instead do short exercises 5 to 10 times per day, every day.

I'm on week 7 now and can confirm this works, and its easy to fit into a NEET lifestyle and ultimately get you out of a LDAR/sedentary rut. It's hard to stick to any routine, but microworkouts have some distinct advantages:

1) No cost (almost), I started with just doing body squats and pushups only, I eventually added some dumbells as I got into better shape. I don't have to leave the house - I work from home so I can do a 5 minute workout every hour, and nobody would ever know.

2) You can do microworkouts throughout the day. You can't go to the gym all day. And you can't lift weights constantly without getting too winded. Microworkouts are the antidote. If you do a 5 minute workout, every hour for 5 to 10 hours throughout the day, you can accomplish WAY more actual lifting than you can at the gym. The total amount you end up doing over the course of a week is substantially higher than going to the gym because you can spread it out.

3) Low/medium weight, high reps, high sets is easier for beginners or if you're out of shape. At a gym you're compelled to lift as heavy as you can, with low reps, low sets, and it just wipes you out and you get too sore to do that exercise the next day or 2. You have to rest for long periods between sets, and that rest time adds up making your gym workouts longer and longer. Unless you're already in really good shape that kind bodybuilder style of workout isn't best. Microworkouts allow you to ease in and scale up gradually over weeks/months.

4) Flexible. You can change your workouts however you want. Add dumbells or other gear to work your arms more or differently. Add cardio/jogging whenever you want. Replace some of your microworkouts with something else like long run or hike.

I started off doing:
  • 10 sets of: 10 pushups, 20 body squats
I did that for about 2-3 weeks before I started to increase the number of reps. You can make pushups and squats a lot harder depending on how your form is and how fast you do them.

From there I got some dumbells, and added bicep curls, shoulder raises, tricep lifts, shoulder press. Of course I had to reduce the number of sets I do as I added more exercises, and more reps, and then I try to get back up to the same number I was doing before.

Yep ,my arms and biceps got way bigger just with dumbells,gym is gay

HIIT is better

so basically greasing the groove?

Yep ,my arms and biceps got way bigger just with dumbells,gym is gay
Arms and especially shoulders seem to really benefit from lots and lots of reps and sets. There's just no way you can do enough of them at the gym.
so basically greasing the groove?
I wasn't familiar with the term, but yeah I'm not working out with heavy weights to failure. I'm just doing lots of sets throughout the day. By the end of the day I'm pretty wiped but by the next day I'm ready to do it all over again and I don't need rest days.

Last edited:
actually looks interesting, will investigate

based and high iq:yes:

Very interesting, I've been exercising almost every day since April with no visible results.
Maybe this approach will be better.

All you need is a good dip bar and adjustable dumbbells and you're good

It sounds like "Convict Conditioning" is another similar routine, although it's specifically bodyweight exercises you can do in prison after going ER.

View: https://youtu.be/G0BNu6HebwE

this is pretty much exactly what I do. I even do it at work, it's a more productive use of time

I still prefer traditional workouts, but I don't see it necessary to go over an hour a day. Body workouts don't do much for me. Even when performing pushups I do them decline. I agree its unnecessary to use a gym; the tools needed can easily be stored in a studio apartment.