Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Metric System vs Imperial System?

Which one do you use?

• The Metric System

• The Imperial System

Results are only viewable after voting.
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Childhood was Paradise
★★★★★
I am curious because I feel like I always have to convert to the Imperial System so the Americans can understand the measurements.

Also if you use the imperial system do you bother to convert measurements when members post their answers to height, weight, lengths etc. or do you just skip them (answer this in the comments)

Imperial system is easier for me to understand.

Based fbicel.

I prefer the imperial units except M/D/Y / Fahrenheit / ounces

im from cuckmerica so imperial, though metric is much more logical

there is nothing good about imperial fuck anyone who made it or uses it

I understand both, you're required by many industry standards to use both interchangeably. Its not as difficult as it seems.

Imperial system has too many shit to rememeber. To know the metric system you just remember the number 10.

Since I started to use the site, I've gotten more used to the imperial system but I still prefer metric.

im from cuckmerica so imperial, though metric is much more logical
there is nothing good about imperial fuck anyone who made it or uses it
Agree. I actually get so annoyed every time I have to convert any measurements just so we can understand each other and just because the US doesn´t feel like using the measurement system the rest of the world already uses. Isn´t it only 2-3 countries that still uses the Imperial system? That doesn´t make any sense at all it´s just annoying.

Last edited:
I love that America uses a different measurement system than everyone else tbh.

It’s the ultimate form of arrogance and show of superiority. A middle finger to the rest of the world. :feelskek:

Agree I actually get so annoyed every time I have to convert any measurements just so we can understand each other and just because the US doesn´t feel like using the measurement system the rest of the world already uses. Isn´t it only 2-3 countries that still uses the Imperial system? That doesn´t make any sense at all it´s just annoying.
like wtf is an ounce or a pint or all these other weird words with unit symbols that dont match. dont get me started on fahrenheit

I love that America uses a different measurement system than everyone else tbh.

It’s the ultimate form of arrogance and show of superiority. A middle finger to the rest of the world. :feelskek:
Those reasons you said why you love it is why I hate it.
like wtf is an ounce or a pint or all these other weird words with unit symbols that dont match. dont get me started on fahrenheit
Never heard of a pint, but I know an ounce is 28 grams. I also know a few other measurements but it´s still annoying when have to convert to find the exact number.

Another example is "a cup" when I try and look up a recipe, I mean wtf is a cup? we use grams not an item to determine weight.

The imperial system seems like it was designed by a hole

Metric, but I know imperial very well and I use it a lot on the internet. I don't mind it for the most part and I don't think it's a bad system, but it has some confusing elements such as cups for measuring solid foods.
People are just lazy and don't want to spend 10 minutes to learn it.

Metric, but I know imperial very well and I use it a lot on the internet. I don't mind it for the most part and I don't think it's a bad system, but it has some confusing elements such as cups for measuring solid foods.
People are just lazy and don't want to spend 10 minutes to learn it.
It take more than 10 minutes to learn it. I have some numbers I know without thinking what it is without converting like 1 ounce = 28 grams, 220 lbs = 100 kg. But 1 inch is 2.54cm so if someone says their wrists are like 5.5 inches like mine I still have to calculate to find the right number I am no expert in math and cannot calculate that shit within seconds in my head plus the metric system is way more precise.

I got used to american shit for height ove rtime. 6 feet is 3x30,5vm=183cm each inch is roughly 2,5(7)cm and I go from there.

Personally I use metric.

Weight I just skip.

It take more than 10 minutes to learn it. I have some numbers I know without thinking what it is without converting like 1 ounce = 28 grams, 220 lbs = 100 kg. But 1 inch is 2.54cm so if someone says their wrists are like 5.5 inches like mine I still have to calculate to find the right number I am no expert in math and cannot calculate that shit within seconds in my head plus the metric system is way more precise.
I know what an inch looks like, though and I know all of my body measurements in inches so I can easily figure out how big a 5.5" wrist is.
When someone says they're 5'9" I'm not actually converting to metric in my head, I'm just comparing 5'9" to my own height in feet and inches. Same goes for dick, wrist, leg size and so on.

we should just stop posting in imperial. fuck americels.