Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is recognition servile (slavish)?

So?

• Yes

• No

• Other (qualify in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
go2sleep

go2sleep

Worthless
★★★★★
By "slavish" I am obviously alluding to Nietzsche's master vs. slave morality distinction. And "recognition" simply means seeing yourself (humanity) or putting yourself in someone else's shoes; "compassion" is a special case of recognition. And also please answer how do you think (most) women view this issue.

Edit: If it's unclear,
I don't think putting myself in someone else's shoes is servile by itself.
You put yourself in someone else's shoes to understand them, what you do with that understanding is where you see the difference between master and slave.
If you use the understanding to feel sorry for them and help them, you have a slave morality.
But if you use it to simply understand their way of thinking and their future actions then you can still have a master morality. Understanding someone you exploit simply makes it easier to exploit them.
it is the "slavish" meaning of "recognition" here I was getting at.

Last edited:
I think its about mutual respect and honour.

You put yourself in someone else's shoes to understand them, what you do with that understanding is where you see the difference between master and slave.
If you use the understanding to feel sorry for them and help them, you have a slave morality.
But if you use it to simply understand their way of thinking and their future actions then you can still have a master morality. Understanding someone you exploit simply makes it easier to exploit them.

how do you think (most) women view this issue.
If you mean how women view Nietzsche's philosophy, they don't.
In general I don't think women can put themselves in someone else's shoes. They can try to imagine how they would feel if they were in the same position, but they can't understand different mindsets than theirs.
Most of their "compassion" is just virtue signalling.

Yep, the slave morality meaning is what I was getting at.

If you mean how women view Nietzsche's philosophy, they don't.
In general I don't think women can put themselves in someone else's shoes. They can try to imagine how they would feel if they were in the same position, but they can't understand different mindsets than theirs.
Most of their "compassion" is just virtue signalling.
Agreed.

@Arabcel99 You must be insane as well. WHY THE HECK YOU THINK SO?