Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Maycels, did you join this forum because of the Alek Minassian hype?

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
I'm pretty sure the reason we have the word "maycel" is because an inordinate amount of people joined in May 2018. Shortly after Minassian did his deed, and the subsequent media circus around that.

I joined because of Minassian. Specifically, I didn't like the things people were saying about him. I didn't like what he did, but I also didn't like the reaction to what he did. I felt that the media was more understanding of other murderers. But because he allegedly considered himself an "incel" he was a villain, not a tragedy of mental health like Cho or Stack or Aghdam or the Klebolds or the Björk Stälker. That's what I didn't like. I joined the community to be a voice for nuance and understanding, to stand against the blanket bashing.

2 years later, I think things are a lot different, and for the better. The fearmongering around incels has died down, we aren't in the news anymore. Where once I thought everyone hated incels, I see there is growing compassion. Even amongst IncelTears expatriates. They blocked my post over on IdiotTears though, thought they'd be just a pinch more sympathetic. Oh, and the prevailing message around here has changed. It used to be "I'm uglier/shorter/less desirable than a normie." Now it's "I'm fine, it's just women only like Chad. Everyone who isn't Chad is an incel. Also no fat chicks." If the majority of incels have it that good, that they can be choosy like that, I think we're in a better place than we were in 2018. You all know who you are. I will never snitch, never, but several of you have recently received affectionate attention from women. AND reciprocated it. I'm glad for you and hope you'll be as good to your women as you claim you'd be. But you know who you are.

I don't see me ever leaving. But if I was to leave today, I can confidently say I left Incels.co in a better place than when I found it.

no but i learned about incels around 2017, i didn't speak english before 2014 tbh
I had similar experience I learned about incels in 2019 in it was what I always believed. It was through a parody video on YouTube it was mumkeys anime review incels.

Not a maycel

Only one maycel til now reply ths thread

@acnescarcel probably did, btw will he ever come back :feelscry: