Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Math cope

• Thread starter Deleted member 25813
  • Start date
Deleted member 25813

Deleted member 25813

Banned
-
Is there anybody here doing or reading pure maths as a cope/hobby (guessing @Grothendieck might be one)? Maybe we could work/learn together :feelsautistic:.

Yes bro, I do, PM me

I am shit at math but cheated on my online test retakes to get an A this semester kek

that'd be the last thing on my cope list

I'm studying pure at A level

It seems like I still can't because of the low posting count. Perhaps you could PM me?

No man, I can't send PMs as well, I guess you're a new account so you need to rake up some posts.
Btw what is your age and what do you study in particular ?

Edit : replaced can with can't

Last edited:
Brutal IQmog I was always shit at math

I am shit at math but cheated on my online test retakes to get an A this semester kek

What was the syllabus? If you cheated than it must be some entry level applied maths like vector calc or differential equations

No man, I can send PMs as well, I guess you're a new account so you need to rake up some posts.
Btw what is your age and what do you study in particular ?
First one - nineteen years old, second one - logic, meta-mathematics/foundations, type theory, category theory, etc, usually those branches that are borderline with philosophy or theoretical CS.

What was the syllabus? If you cheated than it must be some entry level applied maths like vector calc or differential equations
my dad is a high IQ advanced mathematics guy so I just screenshared the test with him and he gave me all of the answers. I personally had zero understanding of the material outside of the basic logical components involving probabilities and shit

First one - nineteen years old, second one - logic, meta-mathematics/foundations, type theory, category theory, etc, usually those branches that are borderline with philosophy or theoretical CS.
:feelsokman::feelzez: we same age than
Also yeah, I started studying Category Theory because it's philosophical linking, too low IQ for McLane so I read Aowdey and also Bartosz Milewski has awesome videos on his YouTube channel.
I'm a graduate student tho,
:feelsokman::feelzez: we same age than
Also yeah, I started studying Category Theory because it's philosophical linking, too low IQ for McLane so I read Aowdey and also Bartosz Milewski has awesome videos on his YouTube channel.
I'm a graduate student tho,

Also, I'll probably be doing my research in Algebraic Geometry also I'm very much into the "Langlands program" but I lack essential prerequisites for it tbh, so I have to study a lot
I can't PM you bro :rolleyes:
Feature is disabled for me too

Last edited:
Nice :feelsokman:.
Btw, I have quite extensive pdf library and list of resources concerning the above-mentioned fields, so feel free to ask for anything if you're in need.
And yes, maybe I misunderstood you - you can or you can't send me messages due to my post count (sorry, made account yesterday)?

*Edit - alright then, didn't see your last edit before typing this; I'll follow you and PM when it gets available or whatever

Last edited:
5a80b55d3b43a.jpeg

Nice :feelsokman:.
Btw, I have quite extensive pdf library and list of resources concerning the above-mentioned fields, so feel free to ask for anything if you're in need.
And yes, maybe I misunderstood you - you can or you can't send me messages due to my post count (sorry, made account yesterday)?

*Edit - alright then, didn't see your last edit before typing this; I'll follow you and PM when it gets available or whatever

Yes bro, no worries and yeah man Library Genesis and YouTube is lifesaver. I followed you too. :dab:

I watch Mathologer and Numberphile on YT, i think thats all. I like the theory about math, but i cant actually do math :feelsbadman:

How is your physics? My physics skills are embarrassingly poor :cryfeels:
Same, tho, unlike you, I don't see it as a great loss. I like my maths without applications :feelsokman: (or, in the worst case scenario, with ones abstract to the degree of obscurity)

I watch Mathologer and Numberphile on YT, i think thats all. I like the theory about math, but i cant actually do math :feelsbadman:
That's actually most important part, "doing" maths in the official educational sense possibly can't be further away from proper and in math community acceptable approach to it.
If you're interested enough, here is key essay that's explaining my point - Lockhart's Lament

Math is a dead end cope - you can not create anything useful with it, its like a very crippled programming langauage(without loops, state and side effects so very limited and primitive).

Better invest your time in learing computer science then you'll actually have a small chance in creating something to sell to normies to have some shekels to spend on high end hookers.

What level of math?

Math is a dead end cope - you can not create anything useful with it, its like a very crippled programming langauage(without loops, state and side effects so very limited and primitive).

Better invest your time in learing computer science then you'll actually have a small chance in creating something to sell to normies to have some shekels to spend on high end hookers.
All the concepts you've listed there are just marginal byproducts of few fields of math.

All the concepts you've listed there are just marginal byproducts of few fields of math.

They are what made math marginal itself - higher concepts/absctacts which emulate math if needed to. And much more complex since introduce many new "things" like state which math will always lack due to its innate primitivism. Thats why mathematicians are so terrible programmers(with a few exceptions like Bartoz who is a programmer first) - advanced programming is just too complex, too abstract science for their concrete brains.

Not the first time i read this kind of ideas that i agree with. Nice reading tho.
I am the kind of teacher he hates lol. Its not that i dont try to have a personal approach to my students, trying to show why things are important in their historical context, and how easily we came across this problems and how noice it is to have a personal answer to these questions, etc. I would like to do it. Its just that i am too socially retarded. I dont understand my students at all. Also, i read and think what i want, and the mandatory curriculum is incoherent, shallow, absurd, false, boring and leans to the radical left in ever possible way. Its basically a lot of propaganda from the more powerful media agents in the grand geopolitical scheme of things (basically comunism). I just dont agree with what i teach, its wrong, retarded and dangerous. But, at the end, even if i recommend films and books, and try to teach from a more wide perspective, make them write and read the original sourves a lot, etc., all they want is as less work as possible and all i want is my salary.

So i just make things easy for everyone. For me, doing nothing but explain what that piece of propaganda we call text book is saying is easy, it requires no social interaction actually. Its like a representation in the theatre. You pretend to be a teacher during the Stalinist era for some hours. Its easy. For them: Easy subject that only requires a bit of memorization. Even if literally you cant read and understand what you have just read (thus analphabet), you cant write a single sentence that makes sense in our language and cant follow any kind of human philosophical argumentation, if you memorize some absurd and false data about some philosophers you could not care less about, you pass my subject. Sad but true. Normies just dont care about philosophy. I would probably dont care if i was a normie, if i had my teen gf and my friends. But i never had, and thats why im socially retarded.

Sorry for the wall of text. And sorry for my bad english.

Just study STEM for buxx theory

Used to read some category theory during my spare time. It is a lot of fun to see the connections between different branches of mathematics. Now I simply LDAR in my bedroom.

Over for mathcels

I could never be good in maths

I like math
math is fun
Tenor 390

I've tried to read a textbook about particle physics and the standard model recently. I kind of lost the plot at some point but I intend to go back to it eventually.

These days the most math I do is linear algebra when learning about machine learning.

I've tried to read a textbook about particle physics and the standard model recently. I kind of lost the plot at some point but I intend to go back to it eventually.

These days the most math I do is linear algebra when learning about machine learning.

Gilbert Strang' s book on linear algebra really saved me during my early undergraduate period.
:feelsokman: