Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope massage / chiropractic / physiotherapy cope?

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★
Does anyone have any experience doing this? I love to watch videos about it but I've never actually received this type of therapy in my life.

I think I am afraid of trusting my safety to someone else's hands with my back turned to them. It's hard enough going to the doctor and I'm always trying to watch them or nurses or lab techs when they do stuff like take blood or check blood pressure.

I think that's also why I haven't gone to get a hair cut in a long time. I feel very nervous about people.

I think being an attractive normy makes doing this stuff much easier. You feel like people value you more, and even if they didn't, they know others do and will avoid hurting you.

Tbh if I got a massage i would coom

If you're worried about that you could just get it from a guy, unless you're like George from Seinfeld and are afraid of your dick moving or some shit.

I should probably be worried about how relaxed I feel watching this burly russian guy massage women. It's like conditioning me into a biddy mindset or something.

If you're worried about that you could just get it from a guy, unless you're like George from Seinfeld and are afraid of your dick moving or some shit.

I should probably be worried about how relaxed I feel watching this burly russian guy massage women. It's like conditioning me into a biddy mindset or something.
It would be much easier for me if you replied instead. You receive notifications when someone quotes you, makes it easier to keep track of the conversation.

LOL LUO DONG BASED GOD

I really want to get a ring dinger (or the Y strap version of it).

If I was a chiropractor ngl I would accidentally snap someones neck and they would die

It would be much easier for me if you replied instead. You receive notifications when someone quotes you, makes it easier to keep track of the conversation.
I'll try to remember this, I enjoy getting notifications too.

If I was a chiropractor ngl I would accidentally snap someones neck and they would die
That's not actually a thing though. Are you talking about a cervical fracture?

I'll try to remember this, I enjoy getting notifications too.

That's not actually a thing though. Are you talking about a cervical fracture?
it's not? I always see it in movies. Wouldn't be the first time hollywood lied to me.

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. It's pure pseudoscience.

Massage with happy ending
full

Chiropractors aren't real doctors. It's pure pseudoscience.
Their basic theories of "life force" are pseudo, but their practical work seems like it could be beneficial.

Subluxations probably get over-emphasized, the best adjustment IMO is always just traction so all you need is an inversion table not hands.

I'd love to have a woman massage me while I'm hanging upside down though

but their practical work seems like it could be beneficial.
We have a word for that. Stuff that was proven beneficial.

Medicine.

That's why we have a word for stuff that is practiced without being proven to be beneficial.

Pseudoscience.

Chiropractic is a scam. Unless you specifically have a spinal issue then it's all just a sham. You can tell by how much shit they try to hawk too. Some of the crazier ones will say they can cure all kinds of things that make no sense. They'll make it seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

For example, "subluxation" is a bullshit term no one in the real medical community uses. Yet it's the cornerstone of 'sound important' in chiropractic.

They aren't medical doctors or really any doctor. Any one of them smart enough to cover their ass in the end will tell you to go to a real doctor if you have a medical problem.

I've seen this in person. I had a local chiropractor agree to put me on a payment plan and actually go for free for a while because I said I didn't have a job or any money. (He was some religious nut) So I went. Saw all the brainwashing and bullshit first hand. They even used some like E-meter thing on me I know meant nothing and took xrays. You had to attend an initial trial video thing too. Then the actual act is just a few probs and leg pulls. I actually can't believe I let him do the neck thing. It's dangerous. People have been seriously hurt and killed.

Anyway after I saw enough of that nonsense I told him to fuck right off. Never paid a penny. Which is another thing. They charge you right out the ass. We're talking hundreds of dollars a month. That's thousands of dollars a year. That's a huge chunk of an average paycheck. And for what? The sessions shown in the video would cost primo buck by the way

We have a word for that. Stuff that was proven beneficial.

Medicine.

That's why we have a word for stuff that is practiced without being proven to be beneficial.

Pseudoscience.
I'm just talking about the stuff they lift from general physiotherapy like encouraging good posture, flexibility and agonist/antagonist balance.

Chiropractic is a scam. Unless you specifically have a spinal issue then it's all just a sham.
It can be a scam even if it does relate to the spine.

Conversely, it might not be a scam if it relates to ankle/knee pain.

You can tell by how much shit they try to hawk too. Some of the crazier ones will say they can cure all kinds of things that make no sense. They'll make it seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread.
True.

For example, "subluxation" is a bullshit term no one in the real medical community uses. Yet it's the cornerstone of 'sound important' in chiropractic.
I think you could be wrong about that:
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a subluxation is a "significant structural displacement" and is therefore always visible on static imaging studies, such as X-rays.

This is in direct contrast to "vertebral subluxation" as established in the chiropractic field of alternative medicine.

The problem isn't that subluxations aren't a thing, it's just that chiros put way too much emphasis on it.

They will try to make it look serious with X-rays by making you hold a shitty posture and emphasizing how shitty your alignment is, without acknowledging that posture is always moving so even if you looked bad on camera you might otherwise be good, or vice versa, you could hold good posture for an x-ray then go back to slouching in your everyday life.

They aren't medical doctors or really any doctor. Any one of them smart enough to cover their ass in the end will tell you to go to a real doctor if you have a medical problem.
A lot of doctors will just persecribe painkillers for joint pain rather than help with posture or fitness. Those latter 2 ideas ARE important, even if chiros don't necessarily have the best approach for fixing them.

I've seen this in person. I had a local chiropractor agree to put me on a payment plan and actually go for free for a while because I said I didn't have a job or any money. (He was some religious nut) So I went. Saw all the brainwashing and bullshit first hand. They even used some like E-meter thing on me I know meant nothing and took xrays. You had to attend an initial trial video thing too. Then the actual act is just a few probs and leg pulls. I actually can't believe I let him do the neck thing. It's dangerous. People have been seriously hurt and killed.
You're 100% right about the hype and dangers. I think that will outweigh benefit in most cases. But I can see where neck cracks and leg pulls could occasionally cause some benefit in a proper context, even if that context might often be much less than a chiro will actually use them because they're trying to look busy and necessary for "maintenance".

I'm just talking about the stuff they lift from general physiotherapy like encouraging good posture, flexibility and agonist/antagonist balance.

It can be a scam even if it does relate to the spine.

Conversely, it might not be a scam if it relates to ankle/knee pain.

True.

I think you could be wrong about that:

The problem isn't that subluxations aren't a thing, it's just that chiros put way too much emphasis on it.

They will try to make it look serious with X-rays by making you hold a shitty posture and emphasizing how shitty your alignment is, without acknowledging that posture is always moving so even if you looked bad on camera you might otherwise be good, or vice versa, you could hold good posture for an x-ray then go back to slouching in your everyday life.

A lot of doctors will just persecribe painkillers for joint pain rather than help with posture or fitness. Those latter 2 ideas ARE important, even if chiros don't necessarily have the best approach for fixing them.

You're 100% right about the hype and dangers. I think that will outweigh benefit in most cases. But I can see where neck cracks and leg pulls could occasionally cause some benefit in a proper context, even if that context might often be much less than a chiro will actually use them because they're trying to look busy and necessary for "maintenance".

It's just like throwing prescriptions that have no end-value or plan in sight. Doctors do that with mental problems all the time. Painkillers too.

Yes and this hilariously ridiculous picture could have been taken anywhere by anyone. It's all just arbitrary nonsense.

Luckily where I live getting the xrays is free and this idiot agreed to do his thing for free. I saw the prices though. Hires of dollars a month for a few no-evidence based anything? Lick my balls