Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Manga Will Always Be Better Than Anime

Zesto

Zesto

Chair of the Beautification Committee
-
I will list the reasons why.

1) Manga is a lot cheaper (in the west manga is more expensive because of licensing fees etc.. but in Japan it's dirt cheap. There are lots of used bookstores there and you can buy volumes in pristine condition for $1 and new manga is also very reasonably priced. In Japan you could pay $80 just for two episodes of an anime (they say it's supposed to be better quality but I say that's bunk) compared to where in the west you could get a whole 12 episode season for around $50 (in (((lesser quality)))).

2) Manga is true to the mangaka's original artistic vision. A lot of anime makes unnecessary changes and adds more detail in character design in what I assume are attempts to make fancier and show off the medium by bringing in all these unnecessary elements. For example in Kakegurui they made the main character's hair brown instead of black and they softened his features. I also felt they gave Midari unnecessary "hardness/harshness" to her look that exaggerated her portrayal in the manga, and I don't like what they did to Mary's face as I don't believe it's as expressive as it is in the manga.

3) Anime often makes unnecessary changes to the story. A lot of these changes are small but I don't like them and usually the way the manga handled it is better. For example in Kakegurui the president of the student council when talking about the pochi/mikey system of the bottom 100 "uncooperative students" uses the analogy of the system is in place like how in medieval Europe the aristocracy would allow the peasant class to gamble in an effort to keep content and from rebelling. In the anime this is changed to some nonsense about the strongest fish in a fishtank (the room this scene took place in didn't even have a fishtank in the manga). I don't know if it's because of racism that the animators didn't want to acknowledge the European influences of the manga but this change upset me because it was much worse.

Also they changed Midari's character to being sexually attracted to Yumeko and had some ridiculous line "I've been waiting for a woman like you to f*** me." She never says anything like in the manga and it completely destroyed the way her character is supposed to be (as in the manga). Giving people like @owly the mistaken idea that Midari is a lesbo.

It was all about how Midari was turned on by how controlling and manipulative Yumeko is and how made Suzui her slave and he doesn't even realize it and how jealous she is of him.

Yet in the anime they completey changed this to a 2 second throw away line of Midari saying "I've been waiting to be f****** by a woman like you"

Completely losing the original meaning. They did not even animate the mommy scene of Yumeko clutching Suzui, completely powerless under her control.

I think they did this because this type of scene has appeal to people like me, but the average audience for this anime would be too dumb to understand, so they made it some stupid yuri throwaway line.

4) The pacing in anime is too fast. Now this is a necessity and not the fault of the animators because most anime only get 12 episode seasons (and they are lucky if they can even get this). The Japanese anime industry has really been downsized and is hurting and the budgets aren't what they used to be so this is just how things are. But sometimes when watching anime I get the feeling and sensation of how "rushed" it is.

People complain about DBZ, but those long empty scenes of the characters just staring at each other are important for the tone of the series and preserve the original intent and ambiance the manga was depicting. Yet that is possible in DBZ because it had hundreds of episodes (only shonen get long seasons like that and even then it's been downsized).

5) This is purely preferential, but I often like the voices I imagine for the characters more so than I do the choices used in the anime. Usually the anime voices are similar to what I imagined but I like the whole process of imagining the way the characters say what they do instead of just passively hearing it.

I also like to slowly go through panel by panel and really think about what's going and imagine the scene.

6) Anime is intended just as a commercial for the manga. Often the anime will be produced while the manga is in production to sell more tankabon volumes and magazines where the new chapters are published.

It is only in the west where anime is seen as standalone. This is because by the time westerners get the official licensed release the manga and anime are already done. Yet even after the manga is done publishing the anime is still just a commercial for the manga, which is the original and superior version.

@Godzuki you and the rest of the weebs need to switch to manga. Manga is also more hardcore compared to anime, in terms of weeb culture. Only the truest weeaboos prefer manga (just as the Japanese do).

Finally a good post from Zesto.

3 gatsu no lion and ore no imo were the cuckiest POS animes I had the misfortune of seeing.
I can recommend some good animes :
akagi
battle programmer shirase
blood c
chobits
busou shinki
claymore
d.grey man
dakara boku wa h ga dekinai
dance in the vampire bond
deadman wonderland
dears
death note
denpa tekina onna to seishun otoko
doraemon
fairy tail
full metal alchemist
gantz
golden boy
gunpla
gunslinger girl
hagure yuusha no estetika
hand maid mai
hataraku maou-sama
jigoku shojo
kaiji
katana gatari
kaze no stigma
kill me baby
kinikuman
legend of the legendary heros
macross
madoka
magi
mirai nikki
mobile suit gundam AGE
moetan
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
naruto shippuuden
ninja nonsense
no game no life
no.6
overlord
parasyte the maxim
phi brain
psycho pass
queen's blade
R-15
robotics notes
rozen maiden
samurai girls
sankarea
scryed alternation
shingeki no kyojin
shinryaku ika musume
shokugeki no soma
smile precure
sora no otoshimono
soul eater
spice & wolf
steins gate
sword art online
tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
tiger and bunny
welcome to the nhk
yugioh
zoids
uchi no maid uzasugiru
attack on titan
Goblin Slayer
overlord (not soy season 2)
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
nana bitoku
kemono friends
mitsudomoe
detective conan
one room

but both the above and your OP OP are in fact COPE. why ?
because the A.G.I I'm talking about needs to create animes on the spot according to the users requests.

exp : chii I want an anime about chobits with ER as the main character. show him meeting a chobits that loved him and
shit that happens later + judgementday + roasties in poverty

3 gatsu no lion and ore no imo were the cuckiest POS animes I had the misfortune of seeing.
I can recommend some good animes :
akagi
battle programmer shirase
blood c
chobits
busou shinki
claymore
d.grey man
dakara boku wa h ga dekinai
dance in the vampire bond
deadman wonderland
dears
death note
denpa tekina onna to seishun otoko
doraemon
fairy tail
full metal alchemist
gantz
golden boy
gunpla
gunslinger girl
hagure yuusha no estetika
hand maid mai
hataraku maou-sama
jigoku shojo
kaiji
katana gatari
kaze no stigma
kill me baby
kinikuman
legend of the legendary heros
macross
madoka
magi
mirai nikki
mobile suit gundam AGE
moetan
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
naruto shippuuden
ninja nonsense
no game no life
no.6
overlord
parasyte the maxim
phi brain
psycho pass
queen's blade
R-15
robotics notes
rozen maiden
samurai girls
sankarea
scryed alternation
shingeki no kyojin
shinryaku ika musume
shokugeki no soma
smile precure
sora no otoshimono
soul eater
spice & wolf
steins gate
sword art online
tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
tiger and bunny
welcome to the nhk
yugioh
zoids
uchi no maid uzasugiru
attack on titan
Goblin Slayer
overlord (not soy season 2)
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
nana bitoku
kemono friends
mitsudomoe
detective conan
one room

but both the above and your OP OP are in fact COPE. why ?
because the A.G.I I'm talking about needs to create animes on the spot according to the users requests.

exp : chii I want an anime about chobits with ER as the main character. show him meeting a chobits that loved him and
shit that happens later + judgementday + roasties in poverty

Happy3

Sugoi list.

I look forward to going through it.

I'm okay with both ways tbhtbh,I just like to spoil anime-only cucks because it's funny

Manga is a lot cheaper (in the west manga is more expensive because of licensing fees etc.. but in Japan it's dirt cheap. There are lots of used bookstores there and you can buy volumes in pristine condition for $1 and new manga is also very reasonably priced. In Japan you could pay $80 just for two episodes of an anime (they say it's supposed to be better quality but I say that's bunk) compared to where in the west you could get a whole 12 episode season for around $50 (in (((lesser quality)))).
Buying/streaming anime??
https://www.utorrent.com/intl/tr/utweb-index

depends on the studio and director
>madoka magika
>psycho pass