Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Majora's Mask is disappointing

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
OOT is one my most replayed and favorite games. I put off playing Majora's Mask for awhile because I knew all the side quests would be tedious but this week I've finally gotten around to playing it and I gotta say while it isn't as bad as I originally thought it was, I'm still disappointed.

First of all there's only four major dungeons in this game and they're all braindead easy. I didn't have to think while playing any of them outside of two occasions. One moment in the game's water temple where I was unaware you needed to use the hookshot, and another in the stone tower when I was unaware that Goron link could walk in lava. Both of those times I just came across the solution accidentally so it's not like they were legitimate puzzles.

To compensate for the lack of dungeons the game has a ton of side quests and filler. They're not that good unfortunately. While the story and atmosphere in them is very well done, the gameplay itself usually doesn't go beyond figuring out where a character is at and talking to them. Occasionally you'll run into a braindead mini dungeon.

It's worth noting the game forces you to do more to get to the dungeons than oot did. I actually really enjoy this aspect as it adds more proper build up to the dungeons. However with the final main dungeon in the game (the stone tower) the game takes it too far and forces you to do a tedious trading sequence where you have to grind for different items to give to zombies to open doors. Very obvious Nintendo was trying to inflate the games size.

Overall I'd say the game is a 6/10. It isn't bad. There's certainly a lot of positive elements. The music is fantastic, the presentation and atmosphere is top notch and the mask transformations are fun gimmicks. However I feel like the game never reaches its full potential. It's too easy and the ability to slow down time which is unlocked very early on in the game removes any fear of running out of time. I don't understand how people say this is the hardest Zelda game.

It's not a bad game but it's definitely overrated.

That's Zelda 2 imho
I agree with both statements.

At least you could make your life a bit easier with native pc port
It's already pretty easy.

I played it last year and for the first 2 hours approximately I thought I wouldn't like it. Seemed a bit confusing with the time reset mechanic and focusing so much on sidequests. But ended up enjoying it a lot.

Great darker atmosphere and it's def the most unique Zelda game imo. Not my favorite but still pretty good.

I played it last year and for the first 2 hours approximately I thought I wouldn't like it. Seemed a bit confusing with the time reset mechanic and focusing so much on sidequests. But ended up enjoying it a lot.

Great darker atmosphere and it's def the most unique Zelda game imo. Not my favorite but still pretty good.
Yeah, I agree. It's not bad. I've definitely enjoyed it. Still better than most games made today. People really make it sound more intimidating than it is.

Yeah, I agree. It's not bad. I've definitely enjoyed it. Still better than most games made today. People really make it sound more intimidating than it is.
Probably 90s kids who played it when they were younger and have nostalgia for it being their first scary or eerie game.

Tp is a fanfic compared to MM
Yeah. The edge in twilight princess is oftentimes meaningless and there just for the sake of being there. Like with Link's nightmare.