Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Mainländer´s Music and Daniel Johnston

You could ask him

I've seen it before actually, Kurt Cobain liked it.

I'll listen to the whole album and say what I think.

Thanks a lot! I actually never heard of Daniel Johnston, but I've been influenced by Daniel Johns from Silverchair:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfzi5Bkb_8o

I'll look Daniel Johnston up.

Also lost to the dialogue ITT.

You need to download a DAW (fruity loops, ableton live, etc) and learn how to make some beats or something. If you market it correctly maybe you can make some money

I'm listening to it now. It's his singing? Man, and I thought I sounded like a girl kek.

But I like it. The recording quality is alike many of the songs I recorded home with my phone, lots of hissing in the background, and the young/feminine-sounding voice, I get it why I reminded you of him.

The second one is my favorite so far. I liked the message. What's the point of striving so hard to get more money than you need and be number one when you'll die and won't have really lived most of your life. This is also biblical.

The harmonies are so simple but cool, the melodies are good tbh. It's obvious that he didn't use a metronome kek. But I didn't either in most of my recordings. I'll finish everything to give more thorough commentary.

It's funny how I sound like an artist I had never heard, but if was the influence of one of my influences (Nirvana).

I'm listening to it now. It's his singing? Man, and I thought I sounded like a girl kek.

But I like it. The recording quality is alike many of the songs I recorded home with my phone, lots of hissing in the background, and the young/feminine-sounding voice, I get it why I reminded you of him.

The second one is my favorite so far. I liked the message. What's the point of striving so hard to get more money than you need and be number one when you'll die and won't have really lived most of your life. This is also biblical.

The harmonies are so simple but cool, the melodies are good tbh. It's obvious that he didn't use a metronome kek. But I didn't either in most of my recordings. I'll finish everything to give more thorough commentary.

It's funny how I sound like an artist I had never heard, but if was the influence of one of my influences (Nirvana).

It´s great that you liked it. You should check his biography as well: there is a bunch of youtube videos about it. He was also an incel.

It´s great that you liked it. You should check his biography as well: there is a bunch of youtube videos about it. He was also an incel.
Yeah I can tell for the lyrics. I really liked "Desperate Man Blues". I'll read more about him.

Beatles influence in "Hey Joe".

will have a listen

Yeah I can tell for the lyrics. I really liked "Desperate Man Blues". I'll read more about him.

Beatles influence in "Hey Joe".

Have you read Philosophy of Redemption by Mainlander?

Have you read Philosophy of Redemption by Mainlander?
I did but I never finished it because I would probably have roped if I did. Same for most Schopenhauer stuff I tried. Have you?

You need to download a DAW (fruity loops, ableton live, etc) and learn how to make some beats or something. If you market it correctly maybe you can make some money
My cousin has been doing that.

Yeah mainstream music nowadays, especially in Brazil, is really simple. Just beats and samples, then you sing something sexual and repetitive above it or just say ti really. But I like writing melodies and harmonies tbh. I do exactly what I want to do without thinking much of how successful it'll be. At best I tone down some lyrics here and there to avoid censorship.