Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"Looks and Gaming"

sultryloser

sultryloser

It's just bone, bro
★★★★
Looks and Gaming is the title of a research paper that was published in August of 2024. It's already been reported on numerous times on the forum, but this thread I wanted to dedicate to my comments as I made the effort of reading it. If you wanted to read the research paper, it's attached to this thread.

The authors of the research paper state that this is possibly the first of it's kind critically examining the relationship between playing video games and a human's physical attractiveness. This paper I think is relevant to inceldom because gaming is quite probably the most common cope of men globally.

Quotes from the research paper

The breakdown into the two margins shows that this significant result arises mostly because good-looking teens appear to avoid gaming ...
Given that physical attractiveness confers advantages in face-to-face interactions within social or leisure
activities, individuals deemed more physically attractive will face a higher opportunity cost of engaging
in video-gaming
Right here is the salient point. Chads particularly that become gamers wont benefit from their looks halo and wont instantly assume the dominant role socially over video game voice chat unlike how he does in real life because he's 6'5 or whatever. The author's didn't realize the voice pill yet, so aren't aware that some halos are exchanged for others online (ie having a women's voice or having a deep voice is a huge halo).

c. Reverse Causality
Similarly, we cannot reject the hypothesis that the effects of being attractive or unattractive on conditional gaming time are symmetric ...
One concern might be that gaming affects beauty rather than the other way around,
if, for instance, gaming time replaces activities that can bolster physical attractiveness, such as
grooming and regular exercise :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::bluepill:
Cope. I get it's to be rigorous and consider everything. But if you're truly blackpilled, this wont even be a consideration because you would understand that your attractiveness is virtually your skeleton and bone, and those are produced independent of any influence you can reasonably have (besides like anabolic steroids and plastic surgery or LL) and are static throughout adult life except for aging causing some areas like the eye orbits to radially cull bone (WAW6, FACEandLMS ), (What Makes a Person’s Eyes Attractive? – Looks Theory)

The authors themself test for reverse causality using a linear regression model and the attractiveness of teens who game to their attractiveness reassessed in adulthood, and the authors have to concede that,
Similarly, Column (3) shows that the impact of time spent gaming on adult beauty among those teens who do so is also essentially zero.
The relationship between looks and gaming does not arise because gaming makes people bad-looking: the causation appears to go from looks to gaming, not vice versa.
So rotting with video games wont make you look any more or any less like a creep. You look like a creep ANYWAYS, so you might as well do what you can to cope with that unfortunate reality. Fuck you, redpillers.

anatomy-101-jpg.729226

Note on the data used in this research paper and how "attractiveness" is evaluated

Although the research paper has many names typical of Chinese people attributed to it and was authored by a university in Hong Kong, the data that's used for this research is named throughout the paper as the Add Health dataset or study, which is as the authors state,
Add Health study, a widely used longitudinal American dataset (UNC Carolina Population Center.
n.d.). Add Health comprises a representative sample of American adolescents spanning grades 7 through
12 (generally ages 12-18) during the 1994-95 school year
, with four follow-up waves, the most recent
collected between 2016 and 2018
it's produced by Americans and it's representative of Americans born in the 1980s (these mfs playing Doom(1998) and Quake and Curse of Monkey Island) living in the state of Carolina, and it has been following the lives of those sampled since then. It's one of those long-term studies of human life.

Subjective ratings of physical attractiveness were recorded in the dataset, which means that the way physical attractiveness was evaluated might not be too useful (ie bluepilled surveyors make the assessment of male aesthetics, ie if a man is not deformed, therefore he is a 7/10). Regardless, to proceed to make any sense from the study you'd have to respect this short coming,
We focus on Wave I to examine teenage behavior and Wave IV, conducted in 2008, when
respondents had reached adulthood (generally ages 26-32). In each wave, at the end of each interview,
the field interviewer rated the physical attractiveness of the respondent according to the following
question:4
How physically attractive is the respondent? with the following options: 1. “very
unattractive”, 2. “unattractive”, 3. “about average”, 4. “attractive”, and 5. “very attractive”.5

The distributions of interviewers' responses for the male and female teenage Add Health study
members are depicted in Figures 1a and 1b

Contrasting Figures 1a and 1b to the brutal and infamous OKCupid charts, I conclude this "method" of asscessing physical attractiveness is not satisfactory and shakes the foundation of this research paper. You make your own conclusion, but bare in mind that the "field interviewer", they never state anything about (was it a man giving the ratings, a woman? Not enough details when you are aware of the social pressures that can influence the subjective ratings that were given, Hawthorne effect and the such).

This is just funny. Even in the bluepilled American Add Health data, the blackpill can be observed in the attractiveness distribution, seriously, like imagine. Absolutely jfl at how easy it is to be perceived as an attractive woman. Just be young and exist and you're a 7/10 woman theory (at least to some men like the "field interviewer").

There is no significant evidence that being among the 8% of adults rated as “unattractive or very unattractive” increases the
chances of having no close friends, compared to being “about average” in looks, although the coefficient
estimate is positive as expected.
:feelscry:

One might be concerned that those who spend more time gaming do so because they have fewer other opportunities, which themselves may be affected by their looks :blackpill:
Okay, here is the meat and potatoes. Finally. There's that word I think is so useful in the discussion of inceldom: opportunity. You should use it more because no human is what they are without the opportunities or lack of they had.

We shed light on one determinant: physical attractiveness. The results provide compelling evidence, both among teenagers and adults, but especially among the latter, that more physically attractive individuals spend less time on video-gaming; and we offer suggestive evidence that this is because they have more friends with whom to socialize.
And more friends to FUCK.

"Chad plays sex games while you play video games" -- FACEandLMS, 2017

@GeckoBus @WorthlessSlavicShit @TheIncredibleIncel

Attachments

• Looks and Gaming.pdf
    485.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
incel is trucel gaming

Looks and Gaming is the title of a research paper that was published in August of 2024. It's already been reported on numerous times on the forum, but this thread I wanted to dedicate to my comments as I made the effort of reading it. If you wanted to read the research paper, it's attached to this thread.

The authors of the research paper state that this is possibly the first of it's kind critically examining the relationship between playing video games and a human's physical attractiveness. This paper I think is relevant to inceldom because gaming is quite probably the most common cope of men globally.

Right here is the salient point. Chads particularly that become gamers wont benefit from their looks halo and wont instantly assume the dominant role socially over video game voice chat unlike how he does in real life because he's 6'5 or whatever. The author's didn't realize the voice pill yet, so aren't aware that some halos are exchanged for others online (ie having a women's voice or having a deep voice is a huge halo).

Cope. I get it's to be rigorous and consider everything. But if you're truly blackpilled, this wont even be a consideration because you would understand that your attractiveness is virtually your skeleton and bone, and those are produced independent of any influence you can reasonably have (besides like anabolic steroids and plastic surgery or LL) and are static throughout adult life except for aging causing some areas like the eye orbits to radially cull bone (WAW6, FACEandLMS ), (What Makes a Person’s Eyes Attractive? – Looks Theory)

The authors themself test for reverse causality using a linear regression model and the attractiveness of teens who game to their attractiveness reassessed in adulthood, and the authors have to concede that,

So rotting with video games wont make you look any more or any less like a creep. You look like a creep ANYWAYS, so you might as well do what you can to cope with that unfortunate reality. Fuck you, redpillers.

anatomy-101-jpg.729226

Note on the data used in this research paper and how "attractiveness" is evaluated

Although the research paper has many names typical of Chinese people attributed to it and was authored by a university in Hong Kong, the data that's used for this research is named throughout the paper as the Add Health dataset or study, which is as the authors state,

it's produced by Americans and it's representative of Americans born in the 1980s (these mfs playing Doom(1998) and Quake and Curse of Monkey Island) living in the state of Carolina, and it has been following the lives of those sampled since then. It's one of those long-term studies of human life.

Subjective ratings of physical attractiveness were recorded in the dataset, which means that the way physical attractiveness was evaluated might not be too useful (ie bluepilled surveyors make the assessment of male aesthetics, ie if a man is not deformed, therefore he is a 7/10). Regardless, to proceed to make any sense from the study you'd have to respect this short coming,

Contrasting Figures 1a and 1b to the brutal and infamous OKCupid charts, I conclude this "method" of asscessing physical attractiveness is not satisfactory and shakes the foundation of this research paper. You make your own conclusion, but bare in mind that the "field interviewer", they never state anything about (was it a man giving the ratings, a woman? Not enough details when you are aware of the social pressures that can influence the subjective ratings that were given, Hawthorne effect and the such).

View attachment 1278456

This is just funny. Even in the bluepilled American Add Health data, the blackpill can be observed in the attractiveness distribution, seriously, like imagine. Absolutely jfl at how easy it is to be perceived as an attractive woman. Just be young and exist and you're a 7/10 woman theory (at least to some men like the "field interviewer").

View attachment 1278452

Okay, here is the meat and potatoes. Finally. There's that word I think is so useful in the discussion of inceldom: opportunity. You should use it more because no human is what they are without the opportunities or lack of they had.

:bigbrain: :bigbrain: :bigbrain:
very good thread with high IQ, high effort analysis :feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:
@PLA1092 @proudweeb
must-read time tbh, this is another nail in the coffin of NT-Pill, it shows that people self-isolate and resort to rotting and coping because they are socially rejected, not because of a lack of social finesse.

Idk if this is interesting to you @sultryloser but here is a paper I have posted a few times. They made men and women play an rpg in a study setting. I would only call it semi-video game related, but interesting how people simply mimicked IRL life in the video game kek (Women dominated big shock):

I will tag some more users to look at this thread:
@Cybersex is our hope because high iq readercel
@Stupid Clown - hes interested in video games
@reveries is also high iq reader
@Kina Hikikomori is japanese Hikikomori, so this is relevant to him

very good thread with high IQ, high effort analysis :feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:
@PLA1092 @proudweeb
must-read time tbh, this is another nail in the coffin of NT-Pill, it shows that people self-isolate and resort to rotting and coping because they are socially rejected, not because of a lack of social finesse.

Idk if this is interesting to you @sultryloser but here is a paper I have posted a few times. They made men and women play an rpg in a study setting. I would only call it semi-video game related, but interesting how people simply mimicked IRL life in the video game kek (Women dominated big shock):

Women are able to attract much more positive and peaceful behavior towards them and also gain a strong mutual support network around them with many partners. Men have a very small group compared to women, but the little ones they tend to have are more connected and interact a lot more. This pattern brutally reflects on society.

In fact, there are no hikikomori women, they just use a stereotype of weeks without going out, but if they go out they receive support instantly, and their social ladder is much easier to climb (in fact there is no difficulty at all, it is really free of difficulties).

This study is interesting because it shows that women take fewer risks and are richer, the herd never abandons them.

anatomy-101-jpg.729226

View attachment 1278456

View attachment 1278452

Very interesting read, thanks for putting it all together @sultryloser and thanks for tagging me @GeckoBus

The cause and effect order is obvious to us in this one, but not so obvious to normgroids and common redpillers, for some reason. It's being unattractive that causes you to cope with gaming, not the other way around. Same as attractive people having fulfilling lives not because they "chose" not to do gaming, but because they are attractive and they don't need these copes in the first place. :fuk:

Even if they try, they don't get immediately sucked into it because it doesn't provide the social privileges they are used to (unless they're deepvoicemoggers), so there's no need for them to stay and no reason to get addicted, they're already addicted to a way stronger drug that is their lives, intimacy, sex, love, social respect and all the other percs that come from having the "right" skeleton proportions. :feelsokman:

Most Chads have no need for escapism. With such easy lives, there is nothing they need to escape from.

When you're a Chad, the world is your video game.

@PLA1092 @proudweeb

So basically men went against each other while women worked together and benefitted from simps? I wish I was surprised

I'm sick of everything being a contest with the biggest stat boost or nerf being that which is out of your control.

They're quite careful with it, but with how they wrote it, I have a feeling that those researchers are just as exasparated with the bluepill view of the issue as we are and not just researching it out of some scientific curiosity or something:feelskek::feelshaha:.

Ain't that the truth:fuk:.

The skeleton is the core structure of your physiology and social conditioning.
It's impossible for unattractive men to formulate social networks comparable in structure to women's. They're simply presented different opportunities or a lack thereof.

I'm sick of everything being a contest with the biggest stat boost or nerf being that which is out of your control.
Life as a man is basically a rigged game where you don't get to choose your own avatar and the winners are so few that the chances of being one may as well be the same as getting a five star during your first pull in a gacha

Im tired of life as a sub7 male, its a 24/7 dick measuring contest

I dont wana say water but gigawater.

Every gamer knows deep down hes wasting his time.

Imagine rejecting social events, sex, real fun to play league of legends in 2024.

Jfl.

Playing games is when you play maybe an hour or two in the weekends or on a slow sunday.

If you game everyday for 10 hours its obvious you re trying to escape from your reality.

I am playing a game called life on genetic prison difficulty. Thankfully, I have found a cheatcode called 'surgery', hopefully devs don't ban me for it.

Every gamer knows deep down hes wasting his time.

Imagine rejecting social events, sex, real fun to play league of legends in 2024.
nobody ever rejected social events for games stop coping

This right here is a prime example of sometimes why all these autistic studies, spending hours collecting data is completely useless, and frankly a sign of low intelligence

The people doing the study its their job yeah

But if you really need a study to see and understand this shit you are low IQ

Obviously less attractive people will play online games more and attractive people will play them less, this is why IT'ers and Bluepillers are mega retards.

"Source?" "Sooooouurce bro?" :soy:

The cause and effect order is obvious to us in this one, but not so obvious to normgroids and common redpillers, for some reason. It's being unattractive that causes you to cope with gaming, not the other way around. Same as attractive people having fulfilling lives not because they "chose" not to do gaming, but because they are attractive and they don't need these copes in the first place. :fuk:

Even if they try, they don't get immediately sucked into it because it doesn't provide the social privileges they are used to (unless they're deepvoicemoggers), so there's no need for them to stay and no reason to get addicted, they're already addicted to a way stronger drug that is their lives, intimacy, sex, love, social respect and all the other percs that come from having the "right" skeleton proportions. :feelsokman:

Women are able to attract much more positive and peaceful behavior towards them and also gain a strong mutual support network around them with many partners. Men have a very small group compared to women, but the little ones they tend to have are more connected and interact a lot more. This pattern brutally reflects on society.

In fact, there are no hikikomori women, they just use a stereotype of weeks without going out, but if they go out they receive support instantly, and their social ladder is much easier to climb (in fact there is no difficulty at all, it is really free of difficulties).

This study is interesting because it shows that women take fewer risks and are richer, the herd never abandons them.

Its like Some People run around with an astramentus and mageblood while you have nothing in your amulet slot and just got a white Belt .

Shit is Rigged ( For Man )

@
PLA1092
@PLA1092 @
proudweeb
@proudweeb
I always had terrible times trying to vibe with the normies tbh. I always disliked normies because i really felt like they were drone minded npc and failed to be like them every time i tried. Of course foids are normie on roids 10 times worse so if you dislike normies you will dislike foids 10 times more

@
Cybersex is our hope
@
Stupid Clown
@
reveries
@
Kina Hikikomori
I knew about this mmorpg study.
It’s also funny to note how men are supposed to be privileged but usually when playing a MMORPG it’s always men using female charcters. Foids nearly everytime stick to their sex when choosing a character. Who tf ever got to know a foid who willingly choose a male character?

now what you need to be also a chad a to play games :feelskek:

Most Chads have no need for escapism. With such easy lives, there is nothing they need to escape from.

When you're a Chad, the world is your video game.