Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Lifefuel for DownUndercels: Australia legalises psychedelics for mental health

BornToLose

BornToLose

Oops!... I lost again
★★★★★
This I believe is the way forward. Damn you lucky Aussie bastards.

From BBC News:

Australia has become the first country in the world to legalise the use of psychedelics to treat some mental health conditions.

Approved psychiatrists can now prescribe MDMA to those suffering post-traumatic stress disorder and magic mushrooms for some types of depression.
The controversial move has been hailed as a game-changer by many scientists and mental health experts.

However, others say the move has been too hasty and should not be over-hyped.
Experts say there is still the risk of a "bad trip", which is when the user has an unpleasant experience while under the influence of drugs.
And the therapy comes at a cost, with Australian media reporting one course could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

MDMA - also known as the party drug ecstasy - is a synthetic drug that acts as a hallucinogen. It increases the user's energy levels, sensory experiences and distorts their sense of time.
Magic mushrooms, which grow naturally, also have hallucinogenic effects due to the active compound psilocybin.

While Australia is the first country in the world to regulate the drugs as medications, clinical trials are also underway in the US, Canada and Israel.

Under the new regulations which became official in Australia on 1 July, approved psychiatrists can prescribe MDMA for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and psilocybin for depression that has resisted other treatments.

Finally Australia is worth visiting

I don't agree with it but thats just me.

I take the conservative point of view in that both marijuana and psychedelics are gateway drugs to harder drugs like meth and fentanyl.
which causes mass suffering and homelessness. some people simply fall through the cracks and enter into a death spiral. people like joe rogan can recreationally use drugs but a lot of people abuse it and enter into a death spiral.