Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Libraries and paperback books are obsolete

ethniccel1

ethniccel1

Sir ethnic cel the 1st lord of landwhales, grannys
★★★★★
Whats the point of even having a library these days? Why would I go out in the hot sun or freezing cold wind to walk to the library when I can just go online and read the library ebooks on my laptop or ipad.

Maybe libraries are still around because the senior citizens prefer having a book in their hands but I see no purpose to have books at home even when a pdf is even much better plus I can use SHIFT-F to search for any keywords of interest better than a book which takes ages.

libraries remind me of movie-rental stores

Whats the point of even having a library these days? Why would I go out in the hot sun or freezing cold wind to walk to the library when I can just go online and read the library ebooks on my laptop or ipad.

Maybe libraries are still around because the senior citizens prefer having a book in their hands but I see no purpose to have books at home even when a pdf is even much better plus I can use SHIFT-F to search for any keywords of interest better than a book which takes ages.
i go for nostalgia also no one is allowed to be loud

i guess in that case libraries actually do serve a purpose. Example i guess dudes living with others then the tv is on all day, somebody is playing music on their phone or cooking in the kitchen etc etc so in that case a library is good

You don't say...

Having fun is not hard when you have a library card

Libraries have been suggested to me as places where I could stalk females (in the Ukraine). But I have no idea how to do it.

ah i see now your kind of fun , cartoons and a library card
Yes

I can't speak for others regarding the present utility of libraries, however I can speak for myself.

I go to quite a decent library, it is in the middle of a fairly major, urban city.

Some reasons why I think they are still a good idea are as follows:

1) Read before you buy -often the previews of books you get online are too short or non existent, so reading the book gives you that preview and you can decide if it is one of those books that you return to often, on account of its enduring themes and utility

2) Study -it is a good place to study, it is quiet and has lots of tables with power supplies, as well as, of course, physical books

3) Physical books -preferable not just for senior citizens but for myself also (I am 32 at the time of this post), I have heard that screen time is bad for you long-term and physical books take you away from screens

4) Entertainment -not only are there novels or other interesting literature that you may consider entertaining there is also manga, if you are into that, I have never read them but I am considering it.

Personally I prefer to read real books.
Also not all books are digitalised.

I can't speak for others regarding the present utility of libraries, however I can speak for myself.

I go to quite a decent library, it is in the middle of a fairly major, urban city.

Some reasons why I think they are still a good idea are as follows:

1) Read before you buy -often the previews of books you get online are too short or non existent, so reading the book gives you that preview and you can decide if it is one of those books that you return to often, on account of its enduring themes and utility

2) Study -it is a good place to study, it is quiet and has lots of tables with power supplies, as well as, of course, physical books

3) Physical books -preferable not just for senior citizens but for myself also (I am 32 at the time of this post), I have heard that screen time is bad for you long-term and physical books take you away from screens

4) Entertainment -not only are there novels or other interesting literature that you may consider entertaining there is also manga, if you are into that, I have never read them but I am considering it.
good points especially the peace and quiet part for those people who live with other people in the same apartment or in an apartment complex where the neighbours are playing music, arguing, televisions a bit loud etc.

Personally I prefer to read real books.
Also not all books are digitalised.
Ok gotya, good point, I also prefer to read a book instead of staring at screens all day.

everyone thought ebooks would destroy physical books 20 years ago when kindle came out
but even today, physical books still outsell ebooks
so idk, i guess people want to feel like they get something tanginble for hteir moeny