Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Lessons From a Mass Shooter’s Mother - Chin Rodger (Mother Jones article)

Wilmoty_95

Wilmoty_95

Recruit
★★★★
A decade after her son committed a massacre, Chin Rodger is on a quest to help prevent the next tragedy​

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this article....​

It's pretty simple. Treat sub 5 men a little better and they won't want to murder you.

It's pretty simple. Treat sub 5 men a little better and they won't want to murder you.
Correct.

But what gets me about this article is the fact that there were warning signs that were missed, willfully ignored, or otherwise didn't appear on the radar of the authorities. If this had been a troubled, poor white dude, law enforcement would have been wholly onto it and had him institutionalised in an instant. I imagine this is because Rodger himself was wealthy, middle-class, and Asian. Even his quite implicit threats didn't even register, which is strange to me. This whole case is strange, given it was entirely preventable if basic precautions were followed. Unlike Lanza, who had no previous history of violence, Rodger had demonstrated it time and again. Lanza's parents also received no significant help or support from the social services, while Rodger did.

Ultimately, the world bears some responsibility for what happened, as much as any other mass shooter. They are products of their environment, and such atrocities don't happen in a vacuum.

Interesting article

I still don't feel she gets it though, but what do you expect from an Asian woman who worships white Brits?

There's no Chin on her sin

Interesting article

I still don't feel she gets it though, but what do you expect from an Asian woman who worships white Brits?
I think she does, at a surface level. I feel quite sorry for her as well, she is obviously a decent person who didn't deserve losing her son to a world that hated him. Though, this is biased, given my mother is very close to me - others will likely have differing perspective.

It is very telling this article only gives scant reference to his father, who bears a lot of the responsibility for what happened. The fact he is a total failure as a parent and hasn't discussed him since is also telling.

Last edited:
I think she does, at a surface level. I feel quite sorry for her as well, she is obviously a decent person who didn't deserve losing her son to a world that hated him. Though, this is biased, given my mother is very close to me - others will likely have differing perspective.

It is very telling this article only gives scant reference to his father, who bears a lot of the responsibility for what happened. The fact he is a total failure as a parent and hasn't discussed him since is also telling.
simp

She could've just told noodlesluts to not have kids with white men and the letter would actually address the issue