Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Learning guitar tips?

BigMorons

BigMorons

Ultimate Subhuman
-
I want to start learning guitar because it's look fun to play guitar. I have zero experience to play guitar and don't have anyone to teach me. Can you give some tips and should i go buy accoustic or electric guitar? Mostly i listen to rock song so i want to play rock song.

i just try and learn to pass time. i suck. it leaves me pissed off

practice every day or you're gonna fail

I practiced for a year and a half and still couldn’t play a single song

@Mainländer Maybe you can give him advice tbh.

I started learning but I couldn't keep up with all the note changes. I stopped. I wanna learn bagpipes though and walk around in a kilt playing them (and I mean wear a kilt the proper way :feelsokman:)

I wish I could give tips, but I play the guitar left handed.

As for acoustic x electric, if you buy an electric one you'll need either an amplifier or a way to plug it in your pc. I'm not very knowlegeable about that tbh.

If you're going to buy an acoustic one, buy an acoustic one with the electric part. Those have a format that allows you to reach lower in the fretboard, which is useful IMO. They're usually more expensive but if you research well you can find one with a good price.

Do you know music theory? I play piano cause im a ricecel.

I've been learning bass for about two years now. Practice often, start with simple/easy songs and move at a comfortable pace. Don't burn yourself out.

As for acoustic x electric, if you buy an electric one you'll need either an amplifier or a way to plug it in your pc. I'm not very knowlegeable about that tbh.

If you're going to buy an acoustic one, buy an acoustic one with the electric part. Those have a format that allows you to reach lower in the fretboard, which is useful IMO. They're usually more expensive but if you research well you can find one with a good price.
Did accoustic and electric have same sound? What is the main difference?

And can you reccomend me some YouTube channel or site for learning?
I've been learning bass for about two years now. Practice often, start with simple/easy songs and move at a comfortable pace. Don't burn yourself out.
Cool, did you learn by yourself?

This graycel is really suspicious.

Strumming

Did accoustic and electric have same sound? What is the main difference?
If unplugged, yeah. The electric one can be plugged into an amplifier or similar and has a cut in the wood that allows you to play further down on the fretboard, which I find useful tbh.
And can you reccomend me some YouTube channel or site for learning?
Not really, because I don't watch anything about how to learn to play guitar, since I already know. But it should be really easy to find. Download Guitar Pro 5, it'll be useful for you.

If unplugged, yeah. The electric one can be plugged into an amplifier or similar and has a cut in the wood that allows you to play further down on the fretboard, which I find useful tbh.

Not really, because I don't watch anything about how to learn to play guitar, since I already know. But it should be really easy to find. Download Guitar Pro 5, it'll be useful for you.
Ok thanks bro, gonna buy my first guitar when payday

do you have any advice on how i can not fuck up, i switch chords too slow :feelsbadman:

do you have any advice on how i can not fuck up, i switch chords too slow :feelsbadman:
It's very tough to move all the fingers at once in some chord switches. I have no real tip, just keep playing and playing and you'll improve. Sometimes you can take a time thinking about better formats for the chords, incorporating loose strings is always a good idea when possible. Even after all these years playing I still can't move all the fingers at once in some complicated switches, I have to move some fingers and then the rest a bit afterwards, like seen in these songs:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-lHyxHALNU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzm0krtAenE

It's very tough to move all the fingers at once in some chord switches. I have no real tip, just keep playing and playing and you'll improve. Sometimes you can take a time thinking about better formats for the chords, incorporating loose strings is always a good idea when possible. Even after all these years playing I still can't move all the fingers at once in some complicated switches, I have to move some fingers and then the rest a bit afterwards, like seen in these songs:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-lHyxHALNU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzm0krtAenE

thanks man you're pretty good

Get an acoustic guitar with medium or light tension strings to start. It'll be harder on your hands at first but you'll quickly get used to it. Then you need to find a teacher to learn from and play with. No amount youtube will replace in-person instruction. If you really care about learning music you'll need to know more about theory so you'll want something like classical or jazz instruction. If you just want play shitty 3 chord songs you can go a place like Guitar Center (if in the US).