Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I found a guitar on the trash

• Thread starter ThirdWorldIncel
  • Start date
ThirdWorldIncel

ThirdWorldIncel

ain't easy being ugly
-
These recent months have been terrible.

I´m a translatorcel from Perú. I´m 29 year old and used to work in a fance english institute as a document assistant. Most of my co workers were above 40 and I could feel their pity when talking to me "you should smile more" "youre a handsome young man while arent you dating?" . Since the pandemic started, I lost my job. I live with my parentz as a NEET now, but they dont pay for my expenses other than food and shelter.

So when I come back home, my copes involve vidya, drugz and self pity. I have always wanted to learn an instrument and learn to paint. However I´m low IQ and completely untalented.
However, Ive been lately walking late at night during the curfew (Im completely deppressed) I like when the streetz are all alone and silent. I have never seen any cops around my neighborhood so Its okay.

Last week, when we were already into curfew (11:20pm) I was walking down the street that would take me home, but there were two fucking police cars pattrolling. I was smoking weed and had two more jointz inside my pocket so I started having an anxiety attack. I started running towards the first alley that would seem out of their sight. I ended up in a shady neighborhood. Since im broke af I have no data on my phone, that means no gps location...

I couldnt see clearly because I was in panic, it was dark and I have keratoconus. I was high af and also the adrenaline didnt make me feel rationally. Suddenly more blue lights appeared around the corner and I was so fucking scared that I hid behind a trash pile. I hit my head on the process with something and I realized it was wood. I waited for about 10 min before getting out.

When I came out, I realized the wooden thing that I hit was a guitar. It was old, beat up and had holes on it. But i stll had the strings and other than the scars it seemed fine (i dont know about guitarz)

I made my way back home and tried to put some tape on it.

WhatsApp Image 2020 09 06 at 101304 AM 1
WhatsApp Image 2020 09 06 at 101304 AM
WhatsApp Image 2020 09 06 at 101303 AM

Im inspired . I wanna learn to play. I always liked blues music but dont know anything about it. Can someone give me for some advice or insights?

@Mainländer

Needs some polishing.

Some scotch tape won't fix the acoustic box (Idk how is it called in english, basically the part void inside), I doubt it will work

Some scotch tape won't fix the acoustic box (Idk how is it called in english, basically the part void inside), I doubt it will work

I dont know wha classifies at "functonal" but it still makes sound.

Brutal story man. I can give you musical tips for sure, give me some tips on how to become a translator in return.

What I did to learn was: at first I played just chord root notes as if I was playing bass in a very simplified way, then power chords, then the easier major and minor chords, then the trickiest ones and then the more complex dissonant chords.

Play along with songs using those. Also, learn the basics of theory, major and minor scales, then greek modes, harmonic minor, modal borrowings, harmonic function of chords, etc. Practice and theory must go hand in hand, don't focus just on one of them. With time you'll naturally develop a sense of what sounds good and what doesn't.

As for solos, I never practiced them much, but you can go through that route if you want. I'm more of a rhythmic guitarist tbh. Most of my solos are just simple melodies with basic techniques like hammer on and off and bends here and there.

Also always keep in mind scales are just guidelines. Most songs use all 12 notes because they change key, use chromatism, modal borrowing, etc. Not to mention how intentionally throwing in something out of key can be a thing sometimes as well.

Also download Guitar Pro, it helped me a lot when I was a beginner and still does.

Last edited:
I always liked blues music but dont know anything about it.
Learn the pentatonic scale, and the 12 bar blues structure.

On the most basic form, you play on top of the guitar neck, inside the E-chord. Then A chord and B chord. Just these three chords, and you intertwine blues "licks" (melodic clichés of just a few notes) on the E minor pentatonic scale.

That's blues 101. Search youtube for tutorials and lessons.

Last edited:
Fix it up and resell

Brutal story man. I can give you musical tips for sure, give me some tips on how to become a translator in return.

What I did to learn was: at first I played just chord root notes as if I was playing bass in a very simplified way, then power chords, then the easier major and minor chords, then the trickiest ones and then the more complex dissonant chords.

Play along with songs using those. Also, learn the basics of theory, major and minor scales, then greek modes, harmonic minor, modal borrowings, harmonic function of chords, etc. Practice and theory must go hand in hand, don't focus just on one of them. With time you'll naturally develop a sense of what sounds good and what doesn't.

As for solos, I never practiced them much, but you can go through that route if you want. I'm more of a rhythmic guitarist tbh. Most of my solos are just simple melodies with basic techniques like hammer on and off and bends here and there.

Also always keep in mind scales are just guidelines. Most songs use all 12 notes because they change key, use chromatism, modal borrowing, etc. Not to mention how intentionally throwing in something out of key can be a thing sometimes as well.

Also download Guitar Pro, it helped me a lot when I was a beginner and still does.

That seems like great advice. I know some basic chords but i don know about major or minor. How long have you been playing? Where can I hear your music

Damn I want to be able to do that.
To express myself with music.
Don't worry, if you learn the basics you can already do it. I wrote my first complete song in 2006, I had been playing for only a year but I could already do power chords and wrote it using them.

Are you heavy influenced by grunge?
Yes you could say so. 90s alternative rock is my biggest influence, but I also like many other stuff.

Now you have good blues orgin story...

Tre bien!

It seems pointless to me as I am not going to play in a band. It is like playing tennis and hitting the ball against the wall.

These recent months have been terrible.

I´m a translatorcel from Perú. I´m 29 year old and used to work in a fance english institute as a document assistant. Most of my co workers were above 40 and I could feel their pity when talking to me "you should smile more" "youre a handsome young man while arent you dating?" . Since the pandemic started, I lost my job. I live with my parentz as a NEET now, but they dont pay for my expenses other than food and shelter.

So when I come back home, my copes involve vidya, drugz and self pity. I have always wanted to learn an instrument and learn to paint. However I´m low IQ and completely untalented.
However, Ive been lately walking late at night during the curfew (Im completely deppressed) I like when the streetz are all alone and silent. I have never seen any cops around my neighborhood so Its okay.

Last week, when we were already into curfew (11:20pm) I was walking down the street that would take me home, but there were two fucking police cars pattrolling. I was smoking weed and had two more jointz inside my pocket so I started having an anxiety attack. I started running towards the first alley that would seem out of their sight. I ended up in a shady neighborhood. Since im broke af I have no data on my phone, that means no gps location...

I couldnt see clearly because I was in panic, it was dark and I have keratoconus. I was high af and also the adrenaline didnt make me feel rationally. Suddenly more blue lights appeared around the corner and I was so fucking scared that I hid behind a trash pile. I hit my head on the process with something and I realized it was wood. I waited for about 10 min before getting out.

When I came out, I realized the wooden thing that I hit was a guitar. It was old, beat up and had holes on it. But i stll had the strings and other than the scars it seemed fine (i dont know about guitarz)

I made my way back home and tried to put some tape on it.

View attachment 334433View attachment 334434View attachment 334435

Im inspired . I wanna learn to play. I always liked blues music but dont know anything about it. Can someone give me for some advice or insights?

@Mainländer
Ok GrAYcel

I love the resourceful ness