Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Kids moving into their parents' basements when they become adults

How often does this happen?

• Often, at least in certain country/countries

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Not very often

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Very rarely

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Is this common?

Here in the UK not many houses even have basements.

Also it surprises me that a sizeable percentage of parents would be cruel enough to uproot their own child from their bedroom and shove them into the basement!

But maybe, who knows. I have heard of it happening more than once first-hand.

If the economy is shit it will be impossible for young people to afford the housing

Iv been rotting in the basement for many years.

Iv been rotting in the basement for many years.

I don't even know if I can believe the things you say now, after that other thread!

Ppl in my country live with their parents often, they rarely move out.

CROATIA, this is often in balkans, albania and macedonia too
This happens in EE too. Maybe less often.
Those North Americans sound cruel when they mock adults living with their parents.
Not everyone has high wages like in the US.

With how bad the cost of living is now, you're going to have a better time living in your parents basement than trying to make your own way.

In the US most houses have basements. And you can put a bathroom down there. And an exit to the house. Then its just stairs with a door at top connecting to the rest of the house. So its like a separate suite.

The capitalists have kept raising the rents so much that a lot of people just can't afford the rents. And even those who can would rather pay like $1,000 to their parents a month for the basement, than $2,000 a month to the capitalists to rent an apartment.

Last edited:
I live with my mom but I live below the water line so no houses here have a basement. Multi generational housing/living is based and is the only good thing the Jews unintentionally brought back.
If the economy is shit it will be impossible for young people to afford the housing

In the US most houses have basements. And you can put a bathroom down there. And an exit to the house. Then its just stairs with a door at top connecting to the rest of the house. So its like a separate suite.

The capitalists have kept raising the rents so much that a lot of people just can't afford the rents. And even those who can would rather pay like $1,000 to their parents a month for the basement, than $2,000 a month to the capitalists to rent an apartment.

Why are the rents increasing?

Here in the UK the law is getting tougher on landlords which has led to rents being higher.

I think the more pro-tenant a society is the nicer accommodation is, but also the higher the rents are because you'll be pushing landlords out of the market.

It's a trade-off.

And wow I had no idea basements were so common in the US. That explains why I hear about it so much!