Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Key word here: Deconstruction

H

Hellothere

Banned
-
Where am I going with this and what do I mean? This proves once and for all what I have been saying for a long time, the left in this country is not interested in real solutions, they are merely interested in social deconstruction IE we think this and that is "wrong unfair and everyone's favorite word, oppressive, so it needs to be torn down and reshaped in our views and values". They use deconstruction in the second half of the first part.

I don't care she's a lesbian or a woman, there are no female stand ups who have made me laugh, but here we go again, the brave outsider woman/feminist/lesbian/tranny comedian does there thing and is lauded for being a trailblazer, groundbreaking etc.

Then Maher, who yeah, he's half a jew, but he's smart and makes good points and talks about real shit that relates to everyone, gets dissed as being a stuffy old white guy. He's right, political correctness and faggy speech code stuff is in large part why Trump won, but they are too proud to admit that.

http://www.vulture.com/amp/2018/07/...tand-up-comedy.html?__twitter_impression=true

There's something called a target audience that you aren't really considering here. Maybe go learn how that works first.

THIS THREAD IS OPPRESSIVE :soy::soy::soy:

Then there's this head scratcher:
"They often natter on about “political correctness” and the endangerment of “free speech,” which in their case translates as the right to say whatever they want and never be criticized. In their minds, being called out constitutes a horrendous infringement on artistic freedom, even when it’s as simple as college students objecting to school funds being spent to deliver material that they find not just offensive, but thoughtless and cruel; or when it’s a transgender person asking to be called by their chosen name and identified as male, female, nonbinary, or something else. (Chappelle, Gervais, and Maher all did material about Caitlyn Jenner in recent specials, by way of “just asking questions” about gender identity and transphobia. Apparently, Jenner is the only transgender person any of them has heard of.) They’re appalled or unnerved by Trump, as well they should be — Chappelle is a partial exception, though the most charitable way to describe his politics would be “confused” — but the overall tone of their acts can still feel Trumpian, because it’s predicated on defending and preserving the status quo as the comics have known it throughout their adult lives."

Well, yes, political correctness has shown to be an infringement on free speech, campus speech codes and safe spaces, trigger warnings, you know the deal. Well, yes, they should be able to say whatever they want. It's not about the criticism, I'm sure these fellas are thick skinned enough to accept some people don't care for their material, as it was for the longest time but even that wasn't good enough. Well, yes, telling people what they can or can't joke about is an infringement of artistic freedom. Oh and money to abortion is ok, but not some comedian?

Oh wow it saved this for me.
There's something called a target audience that you aren't really considering here. Maybe go learn how that works first.

I think that's bullshit. I get what a target audience is, but this notion of walling off forms of creativity and the like into groups of only this group or these people can watch or listen to it is stupid bullshit to me.