Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Just told my boss that I have a cold so I won’t be coming in tomorrow - I don’t have a cold

• Thread starter Subhuman Niceguy
  • Start date
Subhuman Niceguy

Subhuman Niceguy

Luminary
★★★★★
I actually want to work my other job.

This is the last scheduling conflict that will arise for a year, my second job is just getting started.

Usually, I am the pussy around the office - who works very hard and never calls out, yet always ends up getting fired over something trivial.

That is why I promised myself, at the turn of the decade two years ago that I wouldn’t be as nice, and as big of a pushover that I was in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

I sent my boss a text message around 11am, so he would have plenty of time to find another employee to cover my shift. Honestly, I feel that as long as you communicate with your boss in a timely manner, there shouldn’t be any problem with calling out sick, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic.

He was completely understanding, and he didn’t give me any trouble. I just have to email the HR goblina proof of a negative COVID test. :feelzez:

Subhuman Niceguy

Thanks. I seriously spent all of my youth being the pussy around the office - foids would ask me to take their shifts, because they knew I was a pussy who would say “yes”.

I admit - I used to be, Milton, the “stapler guy” from the movie “Office Space”:

View: https://youtu.be/KqxjRzzGn8k

View: https://youtu.be/Vsayg_S4pJg

Damn those Office Space excerpts were painful to watch. I'm somewhat of a "nice guy" myself, so I get where you're coming from.
That is why I promised myself, at the turn of the decade two years ago that I wouldn’t be as nice, and as big of a pushover that I was in the 90’s and early 2000’s.
Good on you for making good on that promise. I really should follow in your footsteps.