Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Just had an important phone call dropped

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
I was supposed to speak to a job recruiter half an hour ago, and the call never came through. This isn't the first time I've had this issue, either. Texting will work just fine, and the callers will be put straight through to voicemail, where I can hear their message once my phone service decides to start working again. But the call never came through; my phone never rang. And I try to explain to people on LinkedIn or wherever that I wasn't ignoring their call, my service is just shit. Last time this happened, I called my service up, and they resolved the issue for me then, though it took an hour to do so. And now the issue is back, again. I'm really getting fucking sick of this happening to me. I need a fucking job so I can afford to move out, get my copes, and clearly, to also get better cell service!

But that's just it. I need a better job so that I can afford a better service plan, but in order to get the better job, I need a service plan that isn't shit and isn't going to drop calls left and right. It's a catch-22, what the hell am I supposed to do about that? I can't afford a better service plan right now, between the two shitty jobs that I currently have. How the hell am I supposed to resolve this?! :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

And the real joke is that these recruiters and interviewers don't seem to believe me when I follow up via text to let them know the call was dropped; I just get ghosted. Why would I lie about something like that? What kind of way is that to treat someone who's genuinely got an issue outside of their control? :reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

FUCKING SHITTY ASS CELL PHONE SERVICE IS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!! :lasereyes::lasereyes::lasereyes::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping::feelsping:

Mogs me i never get phone calls

Can you use some kind of wificalling and make sure you are in a good public wifi place for the calls?

Have you prayed to Ishmael?

Can you use some kind of wificalling and make sure you are in a good public wifi place for the calls?
If that's anything like creating a wifi hotspot, then my plan doesn't carry that. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to set that up; I don't see anything like that for "Call" in my phone settings. I do have wifi enabled on my phone, and it is connected to my home network. But the calls don't come through, regardless.

If that's anything like creating a wifi hotspot, then my plan doesn't carry that. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to set that up; I don't see anything like that for "Call" in my phone settings. I do have wifi enabled on my phone, and it is connected to my home network. But the calls don't come through, regardless.
You'd have to find a wifi network like at a library and use that stable connection, instead of your phone services connection

You'd have to find a wifi network like at a library and use that stable connection, instead of your phone services connection
I'll Google how to do that, then. But I still couldn't find it in my settings. If it works, I'll give it a try. Otherwise, I'm getting on the phone with my service plan provider later this afternoon, anyway, to get them to try to resolve this issue once and for all.