Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Just got a new PC after 8 years without one

Window

Window

Schizo Neet
★★★
Gonna cope with Vidya now. Time to try hard in CSGO again and valorant. No time for blackpills now. Gonna upgrade from the 3060 to the 5070 in a year for max video copes.

congratz, i wish i could buy a new pc. this old piece of plastic i am using now can't even run 2016 and 2015 games. but the cost is very high, i will probably just cope with my shitty pc for now until i get lucky

Didn't realise GPUs were so expensive. Can't see myself owning a gaming rig in the near future - maybe a decent gaming laptop or something. The extra processing power would be good for a tethered VR setup.

Didn't realise GPUs were so expensive. Can't see myself owning a gaming rig in the near future - maybe a decent gaming laptop or something. The extra processing power would be good for a tethered VR setup.
Agreed, the last gpu I owned was a 980ti which was top of the line and I spent 670 on that. Now mid tier GPUs are 700+ it's ridiculous. I'm not going to spend that much dough on a mid tier GPUs that is vram straved. Nvidia and now and are a bunch of Jews.

Agreed, the last gpu I owned was a 980ti which was top of the line and I spent 670 on that. Now mid tier GPUs are 700+ it's ridiculous. I'm not going to spend that much dough on a mid tier GPUs that is vram straved. Nvidia and now and are a bunch of Jews.
How future proof are GPUs in your experience? Are graphical demands from modern games increasing at a rate that semi-frequent GPU upgrades are inevitable, or could you purchase a mid-tier GPU and coast on it for many years? Seems a very expensive endeavour/hobby.

How future proof are GPUs in your experience? Are graphical demands from modern games increasing at a rate that semi-frequent GPU upgrades are inevitable, or could you purchase a mid-tier GPU and coast on it for many years? Seems a very expensive endeavour/hobby.
Depends on your settings, if you play at 1080p then probably for a while. Although new games are coming out that take advantage of the newish consoles, so expect poor optimization and higher requirements. If you buy mid tier expect a 1080p 60 experience with high settings, later into 2024+ a mix of medium and high. If you're investing in 4k than nothing less than a 4090 and 13900k. With rtgi being implemented in games now, even a 4090 isn't enough. A 6700xt or a 3060 will last you a couple of years no problem, even longer if you don't play triple a games.

If you're investing in 4k than nothing less than a 4090 and 13900k. With rtgi being implemented in games now, even a 4090 isn't enough.
4090 = £1,579.00 :shock:

Thank you for the information. Have yet to experience anything 4k. Played Forza Horizon 4 on my laptop - lowest settings, 720p 60 - and it looked decent, haha. My wallet is thankful I have little interest in gaming right now.

I've still got a 1070

Getting pumped for Starfield?

Nigga, Valorant can be a braincucked foidworshipping game, but the number of cheaters and smurfs in CSGO is brutal, apart from the crap of having to play external services for 128 tick MM and an AC other than the anachronistic crap that is VAC. Let's hope CS2 improves things, but as of today, Valorant is a much more enjoyable experience in every way.

Nigga, Valorant can be a braincucked foidworshipping game, but the number of cheaters and smurfs in CSGO is brutal, apart from the crap of having to play external services for 128 tick MM and an AC other than the anachronistic crap that is VAC. Let's hope CS2 improves things, but as of today, Valorant is a much more enjoyable experience in every way.
Valorant's community is so fucking weird, and plus I don't get that many hackers on CSGO.

i can’t even cope with bideo gaems cause my retarded boomer dad said i gotta “earn” the monitor that i bought with my money :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

Did you play Vidya at all in the past 8 years? I don't know other ways to cope.

I have a 4070ti and lowkey regret it I should have waited for a 5080 ti or something but it’s still good. If my PC allows it in the future I’ll just add two GPUs and a more powerful CPU and have a BEAST setup

PC upgrading is a great fuckin cope. Just like with adding car accessories, modding, or fixing your car.

The problem is that after you've done your upgrades/fixes and you have them for a while, you get bored of them. You either look for more upgrades or you move into another cope entirely lol.

I'm taking a break from PC and car cope to freelance gigs and outdoor cope. Theyre a great fuckin way to kill time. Theres so much freelance stuff that you can do. Even learning or reading just to get started on the particular freelance gig is enjoyable.

Even with all of that I still have those very lonely and depressed nights especially during the weekends.

Last edited:
wait for csgo2